Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Finally released!! But all i can do is download it now and play it when I get home

10+ Year Old Account
    Loving it so far, 2½ hours in. ^^
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Quote Originally Posted by inux94 View Post
    Loving it so far, 2½ hours in. ^^
    Jealous :3

Going to clock it all this afternoon and then struggle on nightmare or w/e the hardest difficulty now is.

Don't want complete spoilers but can I get a confirmation on a question? Just a yes/no.
    Is there reason given to the sorceress joining the war-mage? I might have just forgotten if it were in #1

Man.. Im gonna miss that crossbow but a shotgun is cool too.
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-07-30 at 08:53 PM.

installing it right now.... i wish they didn't focus on co op and just the single player tho. really hope i don't need another person just to play it solo :P

Can anyone tells me- is it possible to play this game solo?

So I've played 5-something hours (co-op, with voice chat), and I'm pretty happy. Two of the levels were really tough (one game over), but overall, zero complaints. And we're on the final level right now, taking a break.

So far, 9/10 rating for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyriok View Post
    Don't want complete spoilers but can I get a confirmation on a question? Just a yes/no.
    Is there reason given to the sorceress joining the war-mage? I might have just forgotten if it were in #1

Man.. Im gonna miss that crossbow but a shotgun is cool too.
    Yep, opening cinematic explains the situation between the two characters.

Both characters can buy the crossbow, although after buying it I hardly use it unless I need a lot of range out of the war-mage.
    ~ flarecde
    Reality is nothing; Perception is everything.

Quote Originally Posted by flarecde View Post
    Yep, opening cinematic explains the situation between the two characters.

Both characters can buy the crossbow, although after buying it I hardly use it unless I need a lot of range out of the war-mage.
    Thanks for that confirmation.

If anyone wants a co-op partner feel free to add me on steam user is Lyriok I'd be keen on co-op games whenever.

10+ Year Old Account
    In your fish aquarium eating your fish flakes. NOM NOM
    Me and my gf got to play it today and we had a fantastic time !

I agree this is definately a 9/10 for sure, id give it a 10 but i really dont give any game a 10.
    Torchlight II Vanilla Player
    Looking for a vanilla only group?

http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=40739

Downloading now. I enjoyed the first one, so I hope this one is even better.

---------- Post added 2012-07-30 at 10:09 PM ----------

If anyone doesn't already know, spamming the sorceress' triple-charge bolt at the floor in groups of enemies is op.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishyface View Post
    Me and my gf got to play it today and we had a fantastic time !

I agree this is definately a 9/10 for sure, id give it a 10 but i really dont give any game a 10.
    I was talking to my co-op partner, and he agreed; 9/10 seems like a good place for it. I don't think I can rationalize a 10/10 with a game that has little to no plot. Still a blast, though. Shame we beat it in 6 hours. Boo.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    If anyone doesn't already know, spamming the sorceress' triple-charge bolt at the floor in groups of enemies is op.
    No, Dacien, the Sorceress' Charm ability is super-omega-OP. You can charm *any* target, so charm the hefty ogres, and you have an amazing buddy for ~ 10 seconds. Even if it's just 1v1, you against an ogre, the charm renders them useless; they just stand still until the duration wears off. It's too powerful...but I'll abuse it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only had time to play an hour or so today, it's so much fun as the sorceress.. charm is OP lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Terranullis View Post
    Only had time to play an hour or so today, it's so much fun as the sorceress.. charm is OP lol.
    Just a little bit...as I've mentioned in my previous post, you can REALLY abuse it in the later levels...

Balancing and pacing are the two minor issues I have with the game. But, again, still an excellent game. Not knocking it...I just don't understand how a map in the middle of the story is the most difficult. Things to that nature. How does that slip through the cracks? I've heard difficulty curve in every review I can think of, surely this was brought up when they tested...

only got to play about 2~ lvls last night and i like how there is a lot to buy with the skulls now where yu aren't automatically given certain traps/items. blunderbuss is fun to use. maybe its just me but the view and action seems more in your face, but i hadn't played the first one in a while so maybe its just me, and i've also been playing on my laggy laptop so maybe it is me.

i just really hope i'm not going to need to co op to finish some levels. its going to really piss me off if thats the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Spurmwhale View Post
    i just really hope i'm not going to need to co op to finish some levels. its going to really piss me off if thats the case.
    I can't say that you NEED to play co-op to beat the game, but there are certain levels that I can't imagine playing solo. There are certain levels with four different enemy spawn points, and I'm talking hundreds of enemies coming out at a time. It'd be a nightmare to do that solo.

By the way, if someone's stuck, I'd be more than happy to co-op with them and help finish a level.

Deleted
    Started playing this last night with my boyfriend and we had a tonne of fun. Finished chapter 1 and are going back to do chapter 2 in a minutes just as soon as we finish noms!

Im playing the sorceress and yes, that charm is massively op! The game feels so satisfying to play, there's nothing better than seeing the Orcs waltz across your deathtrapped floor and then disappear into tiny red particles

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    just beat everything on warmage difficulty with 5 skulls...Solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Soutalgon View Post
    just beat everything on warmage difficulty with 5 skulls...Solo.
    Grats? Go play Nightmare now.

No one said it was impossible, just saying it's a lot easier when you can have one player take north and west, and the other take south and east instead of one player micromanaging four spawns.

Oh, and if you want to be clutch in co-op, if your teammate is getting stunned via an Ogre, you can charm them, making the Ogre stand around until the player regains control of their character. I've saved my partner's life 2-3 times because of this.

If anyone wants to do some co-op add me(RoQue steam id), I don't have a mic but wanted to do some of these with 2 people because solo is rough at times :P
    Ricotta,Corleggy Retired.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198014369199

Add me on steam if anybody wants a go at multiplayer :P