Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    Cherry MX Red is still a switch, not a keyboard.
    http://deskthority.net/wiki/Cherry_MX_Red
    Yeah.. I'm probably enforcing a the stereotype about females and computers but to be honest, this is the first time I'm buying a decent keyboard. In the past I just bought something cheap and didn't give it a second though.

Bought the mouse though, it's HUGE. Almost twice the size of Razer Abyssus. That will take some getting used to. And it's a bit too responsive and doesn't have the DPI button to turn it down either.
    Last edited by mmocdd0c32dcfc; 2012-07-31 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Yeah.. I'm probably enforcing a the stereotype about females and computers but to be honest, this is the first time I'm buying a decent keyboard. In the past I just bought something cheap and didn't give it a second though.

Bought the mouse though, it's HUGE. Almost twice the size of Razer Abyssus. That will take some getting used to. And it's a bit too responsive and doesn't have the DPI button to turn it down either.
    You can turn down the DPI in Razers Synapse software. Also there is a chance you have the right to return the mouse if you don't feel like it fits you. If you order online you have 14 days to return stuff.
    Last edited by n0cturnal; 2012-07-31 at 06:08 PM.

I can highly recommend the Steelseries Merc keyboard for gamers who aren't used to using WASD.

Deleted
    You can turn down the DPI in Razers Synapse software. Also there is a chance you have the right to return the mouse if you don't feel like it fits you. If you order online you have 14 days to return stuff.

Thanks, I'll take a look. I didn't order it online though, just called a shop, payed online a picked it up. I'll see if I can get used to it first though, it's probably made for a lot larger hand than mine but I do like the extra buttons and being able to use macros. In any case, what would your personal recommendation be regarding the keyboard considering the following?

I'd like it to be responsive, require less force than regular keyboard but also be mechanical and have that clicky effect. Also the backlights and normal design is kinda important (arrow keys in proper place, numbad etc.) and comfort also has a high priority for me.

---------- Post added 2012-07-31 at 06:27 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dezeria View Post
    I can highly recommend the Steelseries Merc keyboard for gamers who aren't used to using WASD.
    Hmm, it looks really good, is it mechanical though?

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Thanks, I'll take a look. I didn't order it online though, just called a shop, payed online a picked it up. I'll see if I can get used to it first though, it's probably made for a lot larger hand than mine but I do like the extra buttons and being able to use macros. In any case, what would your personal recommendation be regarding the keyboard considering the following?

I'd like it to be responsive, require less force than regular keyboard but also be mechanical and have that clicky effect. Also the backlights and normal design is kinda important (arrow keys in proper place, numbad etc.) and comfort also has a high priority for me.
    Clicky effect I assume is a Cherry MX Blue switch, it isn't too usual in gaming keyboards since most people think it is better suited for typing.
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate as you already know uses that switch, so does Qpad MK-80, QPAD MK-85 with custom fit switches, Tesoro Durandal Ultimate G1NL Blue Switch, Ducky Shine Mech Blue. There are others as well but I dont know of any others that fir the criteria with backlit keys and numpad in one. Most of the really high-end mechanical keyboards are either not using backlit keys or are tenkeyless (no numpad).
    Last edited by n0cturnal; 2012-07-31 at 06:30 PM.

Deleted
    Clicky effect I assume is a Cherry MX Blue switch, it isn't too usual in gaming keyboards since most people think it is better suited for typing.
    Razer Blackwidow Ultimate as you already know uses that switch, so does Qpad MK-80, QPAD MK-85 with custom fit switches, Tesoro Durandal Ultimate G1NL Blue Switch, Ducky Shine Mech Blue. There are others as well but I dont know of any others that fir the criteria with backlit keys and numpad in one. Most of the really high-end mechanical keyboards are either not using backlit keys or are tenkeyless (no numpad).
    Thanks again, you've been very helpful. I'm trying to make some decision now and then ordering either tonight or tomorrow morning.