Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post

Your feedback is most welcome.
    I'm half expecting someone to make comments about the number of abilities required to play a mage.

Pretty damn clean, but what's with the damage meter, and what could possibly be a threat meter next to it, be doing visible in BGs? Just seems like extra clutter that could be mitigated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    The Blue border is class colored, but I can probably tone the color down some. As far as the Target buffs, I could make Skada Threat a bit narrower, but I was trying to get as close to the same size as the chat box as possible (going to put a frame around the chat). I could also move the target/player/pet/focus up so the bottom those frames are at the top of the center box. As far as the resources, I can drop them with move anything, and the buffs/debuffs aren't really off center as the buffs expand left and debuffs expand right. I am going to probably scale them down a bit. Plus I haven't moved/changed the font of MSBT or set up DBM/Power Auras (going to wait until pre-expansion patch drops (or right before they kill the PTR/Beta) to do that.

As far as anyone else using it, I haven't thought of sharing. I have some really hacked together code to get stuff to work.

I will work on some of those changes and post an updated one (and also post some from my other classes I play like my Pally, Hunter, and Warlock). Thank you for the feedback.
    Or in contrast to your Target buffs interfering with skada (skada being to big and matching Chat) is to scale chat down a little too to fix it. As to your buff/debuff design

what I hear you saying is its going to do this:

Buffs =================
    ================ Debuffs.

To me that's a Little Wonky, even if you get it lined up right so that at max buffs/ debuffs they are equal length, the build up too that and out side of raids will seem off placed.

its cool that your doing the whole coloration by class thing, as long as the borders don't cause such a contrast that they draw attention away from the actual game. As personal reference, I prefer "invisible" borders for every thing, allows me to more neatly micro manage shit. Also you don't need Move every thing for the Resource change, if your familiar with the blizzard's addon code- just go there and change it, refine it or something.
    Last edited by Ichy; 2012-07-31 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Edit- Buff thing didn't work out like I wanted it, tried something different

Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    I'm half expecting someone to make comments about the number of abilities required to play a mage.

Pretty damn clean, but what's with the damage meter, and what could possibly be a threat meter next to it, be doing visible in BGs? Just seems like extra clutter that could be mitigated.
    I dont PVP. I was only there because it was the quickest way in the MoP beta to get into a raid like environment for screenshots. As far as the number of abilities to play a mage, well the majority of them are keybound to MB4 and 5 (with alt, shift,ctrl, alt+shift, shift+ctrl and alt+ctrl) and MB6-8 being keybound to F10-F12. I use Bindpad for that. The only reason some of those things are on the 2 action bars is because they are either rarely used items like buffs and food or I need to see the cooldown (like IceBlock) (and a few are just taking up space on the bar so it doesnt look empty)

---------- Post added 2012-07-31 at 09:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    Or in contrast to your Target buffs interfering with skada (skada being to big and matching Chat) is to scale chat down a little too to fix it. As to your buff/debuff design

what I hear you saying is its going to do this:

Buffs =================
    ================ Debuffs.

To me that's a Little Wonky, even if you get it lined up right so that at max buffs/ debuffs they are equal length, the build up too that and out side of raids will seem off placed.

its cool that your doing the whole coloration by class thing, as long as the borders don't cause such a contrast that they draw attention away from the actual game. As personal reference, I prefer "invisible" borders for every thing, allows me to more neatly micro manage shit. Also you don't need Move every thing for the Resource change, if your familiar with the blizzard's addon code- just go there and change it, refine it or something.

The buffs are more like
    ===========BD===========
    =========== ===========

with growth to the left from center for buffs and to the right from center for debuffs.
    Last edited by Daswolfen; 2012-07-31 at 09:55 PM.

Ok, now that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusk View Post
    I made the UI myself and the unit frames are STUF.
    Made some more minor changes, managed to get the enemy castbar to look better and i changed the targets buffs so the omnicc text dont go in to each other.
    A download will be up on wowinterface.com in the near future for the following resolutions -> 1280 x 1024, 1680 x 1050 and 1920 x 1080.

Hello,

Has your UI been uploaded yet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Orcatron View Post
    Hello,

Has your UI been uploaded yet?
    Not yet, but i am working on it.

Last edited by xtothx; 2012-08-02 at 06:06 PM. Reason: host change

10+ Year Old Account
    Safe ^ And very good! I like the way your unit frames are set up! Very sleek look!

When a wild forum troll appears

Quote Originally Posted by xtothx View Post
    Hello, I can't post pictures or links, so please - copy&paste

i.minus.com/ibpncB90jM698e.jpg
    Quick question, what font did you use? Been looking for a font with constant lowercase letters in a square pixel design like that.

The "art" around the action bar and unit frames are nice. I like that.
    oh, honey.

Very "Ish"! Looks good!

PS - I think you're one post away from posting links, so respond!

Awesome. Really a good work.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Raizenyokai View Post
    Quick question, what font did you use? Been looking for a font with constant lowercase letters in a square pixel design like that.
    It's called superpho. I uploaded it for you here

Thanks to all for kind words.
    Last edited by xtothx; 2012-08-02 at 11:42 AM.

One question, the panels left and right, and below the action bars are class colored? Are they 2 fixed textures? (one is mirrored, I guess)
    oh, honey.

Yes they are class colored, though it is colored by player's class, not target's. There are 2 textures: the one around action bar is always visible, and the one around unit frames is parented to target frame.

Sorry for my english, but I hope I made this clear.

The textures are made by yourself or you used a texture pack of some sort?

I made them in Photoshop.

Beautiful.

On a side note, is there anyway we can get/use those percents on the left/right middle screen and only that?

I expcted this in some way - kudos again, you've done a really good work.

Quote Originally Posted by manu9 View Post
    Beautiful.

On a side note, is there anyway we can get/use those percents on the left/right middle screen and only that?
    Thanks!

It's addon called OnScreenHealth.

Thanks everyone again