Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichy View Post
    Love the Witch Doctor, probably one of my best heros. have a lane partner that can stun- free kill with right level of maledict and your stun. Also Deathward still works when you use shadow blade- just don't move.
    Yeah, but its all about Aghanims. Aghanim's just makes his ult such a powerhouse. It's like 450 outgoing damage a second. So ridiculous. Just gotta time it for after a lot of their CC/stuns are on CD.

I also like that Maledict is almost a guaranteed kill, assuming your team can get damage on the target. When I'm feeling trolly, I just build dagon on him to be a dick. Throw stun, land maledict, dagon, and they usually run until maledict kills them. Fun times. XD
    Last edited by Valedus; 2012-08-01 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Yeah, but its all about Aghanims. Aghanim's just makes his ult such a powerhouse. It's like 450 outgoing damage a second. So ridiculous. Just gotta time it for after a lot of their CC/stuns are on CD.

I also like that Maledict is almost a guaranteed kill, assuming your team can get damage on the target. When I'm feeling trolly, I just build dagon on him to be a dick. Throw stun, land maledict, dagon, and they usually run until maledict kills them. Fun times. XD
    Build order is usually something Like shadow blade -> Aghanims -> Booster. usually as far as I get before games near over- I'm thinking of switching it up and going Shadow-> Dagon -> Aghanims

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Build order is usually something Like shadow blade -> Aghanims -> Booster. usually as far as I get before games near over- I'm thinking of switching it up and going Shadow-> Dagon -> Aghanims
    The problem is that's gonna require a big gold advantage. =/ I haven't played him in a while, but usually after mid-game, I stop actually getting any of the kills with him, just have high dps output. I start losing kills to all the carries, which I guess is a good thing so I don't mind it. Do you usually really get enough gold as him to get all of those items?

Rush urn as core. Maledict + urn is like 600 total damage, throw in the damage from your stun and some auto attacks and you can kill most people. One of the things I always liked about WD, he can take someone with him if he gets ganked more often than not. Urn is fairly cheap and gives him some health as well.

This is one of those heroes I actually don't like shadow blade on. You have to use it at the same time you use your ult so it's still obvious where you are - if the point is to hide yourself so you can't be interrupted just spend the extra 600g and get a BKB, you'll get more health and a better immunity.

Scepter is definitely pretty fun though.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I agree with Lysah. I think the BKB is more reliable cuz otherwise they will just buy dust knowing they have to buy true sight to interrupt your ult, with a BKB they can't do anything about it (not counting things like black hole). I agree though that he can suicide for kills if he is ganked, but that only helps you keep even with your gold. I never thought of the urn though, that's pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Rush urn as core. Maledict + urn is like 600 total damage, throw in the damage from your stun and some auto attacks and you can kill most people. One of the things I always liked about WD, he can take someone with him if he gets ganked more often than not. Urn is fairly cheap and gives him some health as well.

This is one of those heroes I actually don't like shadow blade on. You have to use it at the same time you use your ult so it's still obvious where you are - if the point is to hide yourself so you can't be interrupted just spend the extra 600g and get a BKB, you'll get more health and a better immunity.

Scepter is definitely pretty fun though.
    I'm still learning new things, When I played dota we didn't have Urn, how does run help Exactly. And your comment about shadow blade is actually situational. I choose it as the norm because in team fights people often forget about you and then decide to focus the other members of your team while your ulty does its thing. Also it doesn't have to be 100% same time, I've actually waited like up to 2 seconds before using it (had it in the wrong slot on accident and fat fingered Phase boots)

Urn is a lot like dagon except it costs you like 800g instead of 3k.

10+ Year Old Account
    Urn is a lot like dagon except it costs you like 800g instead of 3k.
    Plus it's more useful in the early game for squishy casters due to the HP boost and heal

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    Plus it's more useful in the early game for squishy casters due to the HP boost and heal
    Yeah, I also enjoy Bloodstone on him after Aghanim's because the insane mana regen lets you keep his heal on like 100% of the time, assuming you aren't dying too often, and your death being a chunk heal for your team isn't bad either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it just me that constantly has like a 45% winrate. It seems such an uphill battle to try and get a string of wins without idiots impeding

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow just played a game as Drow. Went like 4-6 (we lost) and Dragon Knight was 2-8 with his only items as Mask of Madness and treads (lol lifesteal with NO damage? What? he literally was hitting for like 90.)

Apparently i got reported for "being a fuck" after saying literally nothing to him other than "yo dude, stay with the team... stop getting picked off in our woods, we are losing and that just gives them advantage for tower pushes..."
    "BLUE LOST US THIS GAME HARD HE WAS SO BAD"
    I was blue. Huh? I honestly think he was trolling, but he was pretty bad. =/

---------- Post added 2012-08-01 at 11:21 PM ----------

Is it just me that constantly has like a 45% winrate. It seems such an uphill battle to try and get a string of wins without idiots impeding
    I am about 51-54%, it fluctuates.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please don't get Dagon or Lothars on WD. He's a support, you should play him like one. Agh's is good if you're getting a lot of income, but Urn's a better choice. You want some mana and mana regen into the late game so you can keep your W going pretty much indefinitely so you can maintain pressure during pushes without people having to back off to recharge.

Bloodstone isn't worth getting unless you can get it very early. I personally think Bloodstone in general is a very overrated item.

I get a neverending parade of idiots for teammates when I break 50%.

---------- Post added 2012-08-01 at 11:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Wow just played a game as Drow. Went like 4-6 (we lost) and Dragon Knight was 2-8 with his only items as Mask of Madness and treads (lol lifesteal with NO damage? What? he literally was hitting for like 90.)

Apparently i got reported for "being a fuck" after saying literally nothing to him other than "yo dude, stay with the team... stop getting picked off in our woods, we are losing and that just gives them advantage for tower pushes..."
    "BLUE LOST US THIS GAME HARD HE WAS SO BAD"
    I was blue. Huh? I honestly think he was trolling, but he was pretty bad. =/
    I doubt he was. Most of the people that play this game are basically walking AIDS. It's never their fault, it's always their team's fault. Go 2/8/2 as TA against a team with Zeus, QoP, and Leshrac? Hey, it's not TA's fault for being a fucking retard, it's the 5/6/9 Rubick with 3x the CS of TA's fault for being on the other side of the map, pushing down a tower.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

I was 120-40ish at one point. Then I started queueing with friends and it turned into 250-200, now suddenly 479-454. The MMR system really does its damn hardest to beat you into a 50% winrate no matter who you are. But that's the whole point of the system, and the people who use it will flat out admit the objective of the mathematics is to give everyone at all skill levels 50% wins, i.e. "fair matches."

Because, theoretically, no matter who you are, you should lose for every win if you're in fair games, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was 120-40ish at one point. Then I started queueing with friends and it turned into 250-200, now suddenly 479-454. The MMR system really does its damn hardest to beat you into a 50% winrate no matter who you are. But that's the whole point of the system, and the people who use it will flat out admit the objective of the mathematics is to give everyone at all skill levels 50% wins, i.e. "fair matches."

Because, theoretically, no matter who you are, you should lose for every win if you're in fair games, right?
    Yeah, but that's with the assumption that you're losing because you're being outplayed, not because you have a 2/12/1 Clinkz that's been screaming at you in Russian over his mic for the past 15 minutes.

I had a game where we lost in 19 fucking minutes. 19 minutes! And it was apparently a group of four players, two of whom were actually pretty decent and the other two of whom were complete fucktards and ALL OF THEM blamed me for the loss even though I had a better KDA as Crystal fucking Maiden than a TA and NA.
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.

Well that's the trick the system uses to keep people at 50% =p
    If you're at 1800 MMR but 55% wins it's going to assume you're better than 1800 MMR. It could put you in a game full of 2000 MMRs, but that wouldn't be fair to them. So instead, have some other 1800ish players, but to counteract the fact that it think you're better than 1800 because of your winrate, have a free 1400 ally. Introducing the fail train of massively feeding allies. Of course, it turns out he also somehow has 55% wins, so both of you get the loss the system thinks you deserve.

People have complained that the ELO/MMR systems have very little to do with skill at the end of the day. There's a lot of merit to it, and it's horribly frustrating. However, in theory, if you just keep playing and deserve to be high rating, over time, you'll get there. You're still not going to have a good win %, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's the trick the system uses to keep people at 50% =p
    If you're at 1800 MMR but 55% wins it's going to assume you're better than 1800 MMR. It could put you in a game full of 2000 MMRs, but that wouldn't be fair to them. So instead, have some other 1800ish players, but to counteract the fact that it think you're better than 1800 because of your winrate, have a free 1400 ally. Introducing the fail train of massively feeding allies. Of course, it turns out he also somehow has 55% wins, so both of you get the loss the system thinks you deserve.

People have complained that the ELO/MMR systems have very little to do with skill at the end of the day. There's a lot of merit to it, and it's horribly frustrating. However, in theory, if you just keep playing and deserve to be high rating, over time, you'll get there. You're still not going to have a good win %, though.
    I want my winrate to be pegged at 50% after hundreds of games.

I just don't want those losses to be because I had mentally disabled people for teammates. I want to have competent teammates and be playing against competent enemies, so that when I lose, I know I lost because they simply played better than I did. Then I can go back and look at what I did, and what they did, and learn something from it, and become a better player.

I can't get much out of a game that we lost because we had an NA that kept feeding a Sven-Sand King lane on bot because he couldn't understand that they will just stunlock him into the dirt the second he moves past the river.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    I just don't want those losses to be because I had mentally disabled people for teammates.
    Too bad =p
    Really don't think there's anything you can do. The more people you queue with the more and more guaranteed the pub(s) will feed hard. So, having friends doesn't really help, it even makes it worse (in my opinion).

10+ Year Old Account
    Too bad =p
    Really don't think there's anything you can do. The more people you queue with the more and more guaranteed the pub(s) will feed hard. So, having friends doesn't really help, it even makes it worse (in my opinion).
    I just wish pubs actually played supports.

There's so many heroes I want to use but I always end up having to play support because otherwise no one will ward, no one will buy chicken, and people will pick hard carries with no utility and we'll have no chance at winning.

If you want competent team mates every game you should probably look at some in house leagues

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, or get a group of buddies, the more the merrier. I run around with usually 2-3 other buddies when I play, so we lower the amount of random people in our group. Playing with all 5 of us in one group on skype is awesome too. So much easier to coordinate.