Page 1 of 55
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Activision Blizzard: Conference Call Q2 2012

whats up with the conference call today? any news here?

Its today?
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just took a quick Google search to see that it starts @ 1:30PDT today. Logically, we can't have any more news before it starts.

Source: http://investor.activision.com/events.cfm

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    http://investor.activision.com/events.cfm

Activision Blizzard Second Quarter Calendar 2012 Results Conference Call
    Aug 02, 2012
    1:30 PM PT

-.-

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow, you people are slow this month.

Normally threads like these starts like 1-2 months before the call. This time nobody posted before the day it will be released. Did it stop being interesting after their numbers stabilized, or is it just that the expansion is ending?

Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post

Normally threads like these starts like 1-2 months before the call. This time nobody posted before the day it will be released. Did it stop being interesting after their numbers stabilized, or is it just that the expansion is ending?
    There was one a few weeks ago. I think nobody cares like they used too.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    maybe some people recognize that swtor won't save the world

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    There was one a few weeks ago. I think nobody cares like they used too.
    Okay, fair enough. I've been on holiday a couple of times the last month. Thread probably long gone by the time I got back, but still, yeah, lack of interest from people suddenly? A thread like that wouldn't die just a few months ago!

Quote Originally Posted by lu View Post
    maybe some people recognize that swtor won't save the world
    Ofc not, GW2 will save the world. Right until 1 month after release. Then we will have the next mmo that will save the world

The drama of "how will Blizzard react to the problems of Cataclysm" has played itself out, so it's not really interesting anymore.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The drama of "how will Blizzard react to the problems of Cataclysm" has played itself out, so it's not really interesting anymore.
    Exactly. Now, I am interested in hearing the sub numbers, though that won't stop me from playing (or not playing), but more for curiosity's sake than anything else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Exactly. Now, I am interested in hearing the sub numbers, though that won't stop me from playing (or not playing), but more for curiosity's sake than anything else.
    Same really, but I won't get to know before tomorrow morning. I think. Boo!

I am going to continue to pray for a massive decline of over a million. But I've had a lot of disappointment recently so I don't expect this to be any different. Insignificant sub losses due to the AP.

far too many people on these forums rely on these sub numbers so they can exercise there fat cave dwelling stubs on there keyboards and bring it up in every thread that has a number in it while at the same time trying to let the rest of the forum users know that they have just magically turned into some high profile investor of Act-Blizz/ea.
    The sunshine bus will be on time today dont worry.

I predict the Blizzard spokesperson will say "Wow is dead" and then commit hari-kari.

Ever since they introduced cross server game play ... subscription numbers are trivial.

Even the open world will be cross server in MoP. So shrug.

Deleted
    i started the game when there was 4 million players, now that there is over 10 million everething has gone to worse, just sayin,

10+ Year Old Account

Has been news post a month ago, "WoW is dying!" hype threads have died out by now, expect them to come up again as soon as someone knows how many subs have been lost.
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Quote Originally Posted by Rather View Post
    i started the game when there was 4 million players, now that there is over 10 million everething has gone to worse, just sayin,
    Let's see: dual specs, transmog gear sets, cross server game play, 3 kinds of Raid difficulty, Arena e-sports (out of the game), rated BG's, LFG tools, Guild banks, Reforging, Gems and jewelcrafting, Glyphs, 15.000 achievements, the Armory, dynamic changing worlds, ...

Mmmmh I can go on for 12 pages, but I think you get the picture already ...

I think the next 3 additions in WOW will be ... HUGE though:

- Open world cross server play: 49+ people in every open world zone without ANY loading screens in sight.
    - Pet battles to do something besides PVE and PVP.
    - Tiller's Farmville as an introduction to some REAL economic trading in future patches/expansions.

CU in a few years time.

10+ Year Old Account

"WOW is dying" posts are pretty pointless now that Blizzard has crushed all other MMOs to F2P statis.

---------- Post added 2012-08-02 at 10:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Snarebusta View Post
    I am going to continue to pray for a massive decline of over a million. But I've had a lot of disappointment recently so I don't expect this to be any different. Insignificant sub losses due to the AP.
    Oh boy, when MOP goes over 15 mil subs, you may have to avoid the Internet
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.