Thread: Post Your UI

I am about to redo my entire UI, so I want harsh criticism on my current one so I know what to do and what not to do.

(Somebody thumbnail it for me please, idk how )
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-08-03 at 02:13 PM.
    I am not Voting Trump because I support him, its about keeping a Career Criminal out of office that mishandles classified information.
    Beta males can cry on how I will not vote for their brood mother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Have you even considered the perspective of the 'violent' muslims?

To many actionbars especialy if you can track CD's via Cooline or fortexorcist.
    Horbile font for combat text
    Try to gather info for rotation in one area : cooldowns , procs etc.
    You realy need to know and see the dps of 12 ppl in detail all time? imo make dps meter smaler!! ->same for treath meter
    If you wana be smart adjust Skada/Recount in that way that you have 1 window that shows Treath in combat and DPS out of combat.
    Try to use same borders in UI and skins for your icons.

Quote Originally Posted by xtothx View Post
    I don't recognize your mmo-champion name so I don't know how long you've been in the Ui modification game, but, this is definitely showing some inspiration from Duke and myself, and possibly a little of Sov as well
    What does that say about your Ui and design interpretations/decisions? It says they are pretty great

People have already given you kudos, so, I think I will give you some suggestions :P

1. Upon inspection of your player frame I noticed the right edge of your health and power bar is displayed as 2 pixels wide. Either some paneling is off or your health/power value is a bit low. Not sure how it could be the latter since you have your self selected and your target frame doesn't display the same way.
    2. The gloss on your buttons/minimap is a nice addition in order to tie the design in to your unit frames, however, the gloss on your buttons and minimap could be tuned down a tad as it is a bit too intense in its current state. (especially on the minimap)
    3. The time stamps make my eyes bleed but I guess if you MUST have them, perhaps at least remove the parenthesis.
    4. Unless you use the space to the left of the minimap for your party/raidframes, I would move your meter to that location rather than the top left corner.
    5. Where are your buffs and debuffs?
    6. Lastly (for now), looking back to your unit frames...find something to line up your text values with. They are currently just floating around inside your frames. You can line them up with your power bar or some of the paneling on the outsides f the frames, but line them up with something.

Great start on the Ui, looking forward to an updated pic.

<3
    Ish

^

Your UI seeems a bit cluttered don't you think?

I recently redid my UI with the idea of using as much of the default UI as possible, to minimize having my entire UI get messed up with MoP is released or a major patch is released. Most of the addons I'm using with this UI are optional; things like Quartz to track debuffs and have larger cast bars, WeakAuras, a few font/texture packs (mostly for the fonts).

This is what I've come up with. I'm not sure if I like it yet; I'm sorely tempted to use some kind of unit frames as I don't care for the built-in ones, but at the same time I'm skeptical of going with a full-blown UI package again due to often having to customize it per character, and the big risk of it suddenly not working or giving errors when something happens with the API.

@Ish

Hey

Wow, thanks for your input, I really appreciate it.

As for inspirations - yes, it was and is mostly influenced by Duke various work. And more recently yours also :3
    However this interface has gone through various phases, it started as Santera ui ripoff ;p

1. Yeah that is a weird bug. This gap appears only on low lvl toons, and as my character gets more hp it fixes itself. So around
    15 lvl everything is ok
    2. You might be right but I like it how it is now. But thanks for tip, I will tweak with it for sure.
    3. Hey I like them :P Do they really look so bad ?
    4. Yes it's place for grid. Here's sample from some old screenshot (yeah this banner on map looks horrible ;p) :

5. In top-right corner. And this is what I like about this layout - there is something in every corner and in the center
    there's "heart of interface"
    6. Whoops. Thanks, I don't know how could I missed that.

Again thanks for those suggestions. I'll post some more screens soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Emaias View Post
    Really REALLY Large chat
    It also looks a little strange having a Diablo style health bar, with a bar for mana dont you think?
    Your buffs haven't been moved at all so there is a gap from your minimap which is now down below
    Most importantly, you dont have;
    Hammer of Justice
    Lay on Hands
    Divine Protection
    Divine Guardian
    Hammer of the Righteousness
    Bound at all? Aside from HotR those are your defensive CD's?
    That's actually not a character i really play all that often. (I really only heal on it) as far as the mana bar goes - i really havent thought of a better way to go about that. It's actually an earlier screenshot that i made while making the UI itself.
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

@Ish

Hey

Wow, thanks for your input, I really appreciate it.

As for inspirations - yes, it was and is mostly influenced by Duke various work. And more recently yours also :3
    However this interface has gone through various phases, it started as Santera ui ripoff ;p

1. Yeah that is a weird bug. This gap appears only on low lvl toons, and as my character gets more hp it fixes itself. So around
    15 lvl everything is ok
    2. You might be right but I like it how it is now. But thanks for tip, I will tweak with it for sure.
    3. Hey I like them :P Do they really look so bad ?
    4. Yes it's place for grid. Here's sample from some old screenshot (yeah this banner on map looks horrible ;p) :

5. In top-right corner. And this is what I like about this layout - there is something in every corner and in the center
    there's "heart of interface"
    6. Whoops. Thanks, I don't know how could I missed that.

Again thanks for those suggestions. I'll post some more screens soon.
    The more I see of your UI the more I want to tell you to upload it!

10+ Year Old Account
    What addon are you using to bind abilities separate from your action bar?
    Senit UI -- outdated. Update... soon... maybe...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manu9 View Post
    The more I see of your UI the more I want to tell you to upload it!
    agreed.

Nice work everyone. Love these.
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

10+ Year Old Account

^ Click on it, res is being weird here.

Gonna post a raid shot soon. Everything is pixel. Normally go with this look, been doing the same kinda UI for years. I like consolidating everything to the middle
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-08-03 at 02:15 PM.

When a wild forum troll appears

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty standard version of elvUI, just edited to my preference.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-08-03 at 02:15 PM.
    I fell in love with your sin

My ui before I got tired of updating it..

And after I succumbed to ElvUI until I want my old one back. (didn't realize I hadn't actually taken a raiding ss of this one yet, you get the general pic.)

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-08-03 at 02:18 PM.
    Life Grip -Sargeras

Deleted
    My attempt at creating a more Minimalistic UI:

5 Man:

Combat:
    Last edited by mmoc2c0e080e79; 2012-08-03 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharrax View Post
    My attempt at creating a more Minimalistic UI:
    Looks kinda cool, thinking about creating a healing layout or something?
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aronaz View Post
    Looks kinda cool, thinking about creating a healing layout or something?
    Yeah will definitely do that when I'm happy and this UI layout is finished. I just made it when experimenting with a Minimalistic appearance compared with my other 2 UI's I have uploaded. If people like it enough and I get to a point where I think its finished then I might upload it

Quote Originally Posted by Pharrax View Post
    Yeah will definitely do that when I'm happy and this UI layout is finished. I just made it when experimenting with a Minimalistic appearance compared with my other 2 UI's I have uploaded. If people like it enough and I get to a point where I think its finished then I might upload it
    It looks amazing now in minimalistic appearance. I'd love an healer layout for it so I could use it!
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

My MoP UI - Beta(updated)

I made some changes to my UI based on some suggestions. Here is my mage, a druid and a DK. Its not 100% complete but it it is closer to where I want it.

Feedback is most welcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricen View Post
    [IMG]

^ Click on it, res is being weird here.

Gonna post a raid shot soon. Everything is pixel. Normally go with this look, been doing the same kinda UI for years. I like consolidating everything to the middle
    Didn't you post a different UI a little while back? Similar design, blockier in the center. Map was bottom left.
    Senit UI -- outdated. Update... soon... maybe...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Senit View Post
    Didn't you post a different UI a little while back? Similar design, blockier in the center. Map was bottom left.
    Yeah all of them are similar looking. But this is for a different computer so i wanted to do a different layout, just been working on how i want everything to look, color, fonts etc.

When a wild forum troll appears