Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I don't think 30% is exactly correct. That would mean each 30% = 3 million people. Considering we had 12 million to start with, that would mean 120% + :confused:
    You also just stated that all 1.1 million Annual Pass holders will want to unsubscribe. That is entirely false. I myself have the Annual Pass and I'll be sticking around for a while yet ;)

I do agree that I'd rather not have a repeat of 4.1, though I enjoyed the dungeons. What I have seen of the beta and played on the beta, MoP looks like a solid expansion so far. But yes, 5.1 will likely be what to look out for. Honestly, I think the the lack of things in Cata is a result of them wanting to make MoP all it can be at launch.
    It is just over 30% :) And I did not say all annual pass holders will unsubscribe, but many will :)

Quote Originally Posted by Flitzy View Post
    Guess what.

LFR is optional - don't like it, don't do it.
    That is a stupid statement. If you're a raider that seeks progression, you HAVE to do LFR and try get the tier out of it. That's what my guild a couple of months of DS and it was horrible, we got as many guildies as possible to gear to push heroic modes faster.

The loot system maybe changing, but it will still be advantageous to bring as many guildies as possible to up the chances of someone in the guild getting loot over a pug.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisderp View Post
    I think you are taking my post as a personal attack, I was not directing you towards noxxic, please don't be dramatic. I was saying that there are so many resources that can help people become better at the game in only 10 minutes that there really isn't an excuse, and could I ask if you have actually played LFR? I say it's a shock because every time I have been in there to help someone else out I see multiple people auto attacking or simply not attacking at all. Needless to say the few people who do actually take part in the fight manage to take down the bosses, even if there is only 15 or so people attacking or healing. Don't say LFR is harder than dungeons, because that is not true at all. The most challenging part of it for players is the button boss, because buttons are hard, clearly.

I am not bad mouthing the game, this just backs up the idea that you're taking this as an insult and not as criticism, the current state of the game is bad, take a look at the damn dungeon and raid forums, or even the thread the blues are talking in, so many people are against the current state of the game and are stuck in annual passes or subscriptions.

Again, please don't take this as a personal insult because it's not, and I'm all for a good discussion but every discussion which is opinionated seems to turn into a personal attack.

Again, to be 100%, I'm not attacking you.

This post is not a personal attack on you.

Edit: also i'll add that you did suggest that the game does take 5 hours to learn, if people take 10 minutes to learn their class and add a bit of difficulty to LFR like every other game, it wouldn't take 5 hours:

LFR is harder than earning 2200 in 3s or RBGs?

Ok.

By the way the LFR version of the 2h axe has 250 more str than the TIER TWO 2h Malevolent axe.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    LFR is harder than earning 2200 in 3s or RBGs?

Ok.

By the way the LFR version of the 2h axe has 250 more str than the TIER TWO 2h Malevolent axe.
    Wat. I did not mention PvP. I'm on your side. LFR is a problem in its current state.

---------- Post added 2012-08-04 at 04:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Flitzy View Post
    Guess what.

LFR is optional - don't like it, don't do it.
    Guess what.

Gemming and enchanting is optional - want harder content, don't do it.

Oh wait! If you want to be competitive you have to gem, enchant and do LFR for every possible chance at upgrades to be the best you possibly can for your raiding guild! Ooooooh!

Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    "While LFR difficulty requires less coordination and organization than normal raids, it still generally takes more effort than completing a heroic. Therefore, shouldn't the rewards be greater?"

Greater reward for doing something that takes more effort? what an interesting concept. Oddly this the very thing they argue against when defending nerfs (or at least that blue clown does). Shows that their arguement is flawed.
    And you need to think a few minutes. it is about timing. On Dec 18 (or any other day), LFR is more difficult than a heroic dungeon on the same day. thus you get better rewards. On Dec 18, YOU are being rewarded with higher iLevel gear for completing the heroic raid than someone who on that same day cant´complete that content. You are receiving a greater reward than someone for doing the harder content. That is a good system.

It is fairly obvious that the people like yourself arguing against him cannot think past your snowflake syndrome. His comments were very easily understood and made sense, but as usual, people either can´t understand, or intentionally try to twist them. From most of the posts, my guess is you just don´t understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Nero412 View Post
    That is a stupid statement. If you're a raider that seeks progression, you HAVE to do LFR and try get the tier out of it. That's what my guild a couple of months of DS and it was horrible, we got as many guildies as possible to gear to push heroic modes faster.

The loot system maybe changing, but it will still be advantageous to bring as many guildies as possible to up the chances of someone in the guild getting loot over a pug.
    Nobody is "forcing" you to do anything.

You choose to run LFR but, if you don't, big deal - it takes you a little longer to get to the end.

Basically you're complaining about being "forced" to run LFR and then you complain about not having anything to do when you rush through content. /boggle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jin84 View Post
    I wonder if those new gear is on the character after you create.

And what? The legendary is just a special gem. That's so underwhelming.
    Did you read the post? The gems are just part way through the questline. The legendary weapons come in 5.1.

Can someone please list the UI or addons this rogue is using on the screenshots?

Quote Originally Posted by Jin84 View Post
    I wonder if those new gear is on the character after you create.

And what? The legendary is just a special gem. That's so underwhelming.
    It's not and Blizzard is completely retarded for doing so.

New Player browsing through the classes:

"Oh shit, that Warlock Robe has a mean-ass looking skull on it. I think I'll like the class! Gonna make one now."
    --Proceeds to create said Warlock
    --Enters/Loads Game
    "What the shit? I thought I was going to have a mean-ass looking skull robe."
    "This is lame, I look completely retarded with this 1 toned robe of fail. Fuck this, I'm out."
    --Logs out.
    ---...is completely disheartened.

Yup, Blizzard at it's best.

Hail Thor-show thy might. Let thunder roar and lightning strike!
    Hurl thy hammer into the fray. And let thine enemies know fear this day!
    VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

If someone is leaving coz dont like lvl 1 robe I dont know who is more retarded there...

Quote Originally Posted by Znuff View Post
    So you're gonna have to wait until you get that Heroic weapon to use the Legendary Gem in it, because I'm not seeing myself using the Gem in a LFR or Normal-Mode weapon...

Or will you be able to get more? Or you'll have to redo the entire quest line?

Questions, questions...
    Im thinking either the questline will be hella easy, or you'll be able to get more. It would piss me off to no end if I had to wait for a Heroic Wep to use my legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    If someone is leaving coz dont like lvl 1 robe I dont know who is more retarded there...
    Aesthetics plays a HUGE role in any MMO. I've been playing for god knows how long, and I've seen people leave in Vanilla because they were tired of resembling a sickly looking rainbow.

My point with the post is that Blizzard is clearly performing the ole' "Bait and Switch" where they show you some sweet-ass looking gear on the character creation, then when you login you're actually wearing some lame-ass gear. Thereby forcing you into wanting to level, so you can look just like you did on the character creation screen.

VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

anyone else annoyed that lfr wont open up till a week or so later after the other raids? Wouldnt it make sense to release them the same time as the other raids?

Quote Originally Posted by Brokeguy View Post
    anyone else annoyed that lfr wont open up till a week or so later after the other raids? Wouldnt it make sense to release them the same time as the other raids?
    It's Blizzard catering to the "Raiders" so that they can feel special for seeing the content earlier than the "Casuals."

VICTORY, OR VALHALLA!!!

Earlier today, we saw that Sigil of Wisdom appeared as a quest objective on Grand Empress Shek'zeer's tooltip in 25 Man Normal Difficulty Heart of Fear. Unfortunately, no one was able to kill her to confirm that it actually drops. Keep in mind that this is beta and things can change in the future and may not be working as intended.
    We (Accession) did kill this and can confirm that it does drop.

Last edited by Envvyy; 2012-08-04 at 05:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asatru View Post
    It's Blizzard catering to the "Raiders" so that they can feel special for seeing the content earlier than the "Casuals."
    Alternatively it's so that raiders don't burn out as fast on LFR content for gear (Yes, 1 entire week of not being burnt out). Delaying LFR for 1 week hardly fixes any problem on either side, in fact it only creates the problem of the casual players not seeing content as fast. The amount of snobbery on this forum is amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    And? They're not screwing over anyone else. They're doing a balance. As for your Aesthetic complaining you can't use anecdotal evidence here. I understand where you are coming from but come on, you can do better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisderp View Post
    It is just over 30% And I did not say all annual pass holders will unsubscribe, but many will
    30% of the 12 million circa the beginning of Cata is approx 3.6 million meaning we are not at the 30% reduction yet, that will be at 8.4 million-ish, but the exact percentage is irrelevant - the causes are more relevant, from those I have spoken too that was the lack of content through out cata, anecdotal admitted but far more common that any other reason I have heard. Am I suprised that the number dropped 1.1 million last quarter, not at all given looking at the 2 servers I play regularly the number of guilds progressing is massively lower than the number that were progressing 2 months prior to cata release. Blizzard really needed to hit the may-july window with Mists, they didn't this a consequence. Plus its an old game, if star wars can survive on 500k then WOW is doing fine on 9.1M.

Which is why blizzard seem to be doing the right thing and ensuring everyone has a lot of content they can access, if that leads to a few losses due to "I am no longer a special flower" they can probably eat that over a massive drop due to lack of content. Ultimately they are never going to please all subscribers, let alone vocal forum posters and if someone at blizzard gets it wrong then they are probably going to suffer the consequences to their career.

Some annual pass holders will unsub, but if they are no longer bother about wow and don't play or are willing to buy D3 there is nothing stopping them from doing it now. I am an annual pass holder, I have remained subbed largely to keep in contact with guild etc, will I be cancelling - no as mists will be out before my annual pass runs out and from the beta is likely to hold my attention. I imagine that is the same for a lot of players.

Given I have been commited through probably the worst period of wow's history in terms of content available, am I likely to ever sign up to another annual pass given the quicker content seems to be a goal they cannot reliably deliver - No.

Deleted
    I wonder how would the upcoming (5.1 -> ) legendaries work for dual-wielding..
    As it seems, those gems are Unique-Equipped, so it would make the other weapon less effective. And so, when we actually get the legendary WEAPON, will it work on both or would we have to farm another one it the original gem is consumed upon the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Poysonivy View Post
    Yeah was thinking the same.

Hydraulic

In this type of machine, hydraulic fluid is transmitted throughout the machine to various hydraulic motors and hydraulic cylinders and which becomes pressurised according to the resistance present. The fluid is controlled directly or automatically by control valves and distributed through hoses and tubes.

So hopefully the gem can be taken out and back in using some Hydraulic power. But also for lets says blue or purple gems.
    It is a Sha-Touched socket, our tooltips are wrong. They will be correct sometime next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynalan View Post
    So then how is it decided who get's the legendary?
    Or at least starts this gem quest?
    Can anyone just pick up the quest and be able to loot the sigils from the bosses? Or what if multiple people have the quest? Does only one get the sigil?
    Oh the questions left unanswered!
    Anyone can start the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Thuggrim View Post
    Ok quick question, as I have not seen this confirmed, if all 10 of your raid group are on the quest do all 10 get to loot the quest items? (or 25 etc) or is it something that will have to be allocated?
    Everyone gets it in LFR.

My point with the post is that Blizzard is clearly performing the ole' "Bait and Switch" where they show you some sweet-ass looking gear on the character creation, then when you login you're actually wearing some lame-ass gear. Thereby forcing you into wanting to level, so you can look just like you did on the character creation screen.
    When you move to the next screen for customization the gear changes to what you start with. It is clear that it is only a preview.