Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Animé-themed games - Android/PC

Today I found two games I sorta liked in the Android marketplace, Ama-Hina and Moe Cure Net (which I never thought I'd like). But I found both games quite uplifting and amusing. The latter also helps me sharpen my japanese, I listen to learn! Sadly, my japanese ain't good enough to understand it without subtitles, so Moe Cure Net2 which isn't translated, isn't available to me.

So now I wonder if anyone has any recommendations for some high quality animé-themed games for Android or even PC?
    Nothing too cheesy, as animé is often want to be. There are these side-scrolling shooter-type games but they are way too difficult for me.
    Last edited by mmoc4a603c9764; 2012-08-04 at 09:06 PM.

Have you ever tried Visual Novels? If so, I highly recommend Saya no Uta. If not, some of my favorite games are Harvest Moon and Rune Factory series which are both anime themed, however, they aren't on PC or Android. minus emulation cough

Katawa Shoujo is pretty awesome.

If you're not into VNs then there's Grief Syndrome, which is rather short. There's Kamidori Alchemy Meister which is kind of like Fire Emblem if you're fine with more erotic games.
    Last edited by Skelington; 2012-08-04 at 09:02 PM.

Deleted
    Read Fate/Stay Night, Muv-Luv and -Alternative and Saya no Uta visual novels.
    Pretty good.

And by "pretty good" I mean fucking awesome. I thought I had lost all my negative (sadness, depression etc.) emotions until I read MLA. DON'T GET SPOILERED, IT [I]WILL[/I] RUIN IT FOR YOU. I can't imagine how I would've felt during a few parts if I hadn't been spoiled.
    Last edited by mmoc99db07b8cf; 2012-08-04 at 09:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    I never really got into Katawa Shoujo. I tried playing it but, it never really caught me.

---------- Post added 2012-08-04 at 11:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Have you ever tried Visual Novels? If so, I highly recommend Saya no Uta. If not, some of my favorite games are Harvest Moon and Rune Factory series which are both anime themed, however, they aren't on PC or Android. minus emulation cough
    Moe Cure Net is a visual novel, but sadly it was rather short and as I wrote in my first post, the second part isn't translated yet.
    I've played Harvest Moon, many times.
    I've bought a few of Kaorisoft's games on Android, they do a lot of management games that are good, but they get boring pretty fast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    I never really got into Katawa Shoujo. I tried playing it but, it never really caught me.
    Don't worry, it's really not that good. It's just a big newfag circlejerk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    [video=youtube;ccVDNaUvZJo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccVDNaUvZJ
    If you like fighting games.

[video=youtube;HJ_4Hvbgn3E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ_4Hvbg
    If you like capitalism and addicting RPG-ish games.
    I'm familiar with Touhou, but never liked any of the games. Too flashy, too speedy, wrong genre's. I also checked Recettear when it was on sale on Steam but, not really interested in it's visual style and character style.
    I suppose I'm more towards the visual novels. But you never know, there could be something out there I might like regardless.

---------- Post added 2012-08-04 at 11:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by turbe View Post
    Don't worry, it's really not that good. It's just a big newfag circlejerk.
    It was rather longwinded. It never really went anywhere fast enough to get me interested, too few choices for quite a bit of time spent on it, and the characters were uninteresting.

I did however, play a South Korean visual novel type of game called Analogue: A Hate Story. It was quite alright. But it was quite unsatisfying in the end, even if I did get one of the better endings on my first and only playthrough.
    Last edited by mmoc4a603c9764; 2012-08-04 at 09:17 PM.

Deleted
    Well, there ain't that many non-indie anime-ish games on the PC. Most of them are PlayStation or Nintendo exclusives.
    But you could always try out Irisu Syndrome. A free puzzle game with... a twist. Not going to spoil the twist.
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/kxqlV.jp
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/4fiFj.

Makes me sort of want to get a PS3 some times, yes. But now that their next gen console might only be a year away or so, I'm not sure it's worth it.
    What platform is it for?
    M. Night Shaymalan twist?

10+ Year Old Account
    There's an MMORPG (free as well!) for Android called The World of Magic. It reminds me of Ragnarok to some extent. I never played much of it since I'm not really into phone games that much ('cept emulating Pokemon on it, that's held me over for long periods of time), but it seemed cool. Kinda sucks for a small-ish screen though.

Deleted
    Ditto. Missed out on so much JRPG.

PC.

Nope.

The only problem with those is that they usually do a full english translation. And there's nothing more annoying than female english voice actors doing a squeaky voice for young or shy characters. Some japanese VA's can be just as annoying, but when it comes to english VA's it's often 99% of the time.

I much prefer subtitles. But they rarely just subtitle japanese games, right?

H-twist? :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, sadly a lot of the anime-ish games aren't really on PC / Android. Like dalliah mentioned, most are Nintendo / PS.

There is Ys Origin if you wish to play. It's a top down game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/207350/

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    This.
    THIS. THIS I TELL YOU.

Katawa is amazing. Simply amazing.

You could watch the valkyria chronicles anime and pretend like you played the game on ps3 >.>

15+ Year Old Account
    I played Spectral Souls for some time, imo thats a great game also.
    Now playing FFIII

Btw GTA3 Anniversery edition is rocking also.

Only thing i would like is a good working pokemon port
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lolvik View Post
    This.
    THIS. THIS I TELL YOU.

Katawa is amazing. Simply amazing.
    I already responded on it. I don't agree, infact I found it to be the opposite. I don't know what people see in it. Maybe I need to be a teenager to appriciate it.

That's probably the problem I have with most of japanese games and why it's so hard to find something I like. And if the game seems good, the english VO is probably terrible.

---------- Post added 2012-08-04 at 11:54 PM ----------

Pretty much. I think those games with English/Japanese voices and subtitles are called "International version". Like Final Fantasy X international version.

Nothing perverted. More like Urobochi Gen and Madoka twist. (If you watched that anime you know what I'm talking about.)
    Never seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Never seen it.
    Basically it's a dark turn to what seems to be light hearted.

Bunny must die.
    Rusty Hearts.
    Lineage 1/2 - sort of.
    Recettear.

I already responded on it. I don't agree, infact I found it to be the opposite. I don't know what people see in it. Maybe I need to be a teenager to appriciate it.
    Not really, I guess it just depends on a person. I never was into VNs but Katawa Shoujo kept me interested.

You don't like Touhou, don't have a console and not into VNs. Don't think there's a lot of choice out there then. There's always emulators, for something like Valkyrie Profile. PS2 is a goldmine for good anime styled games, from Persona 3 to Xenogears.
    Because ten billion
    years' time is so fragile
    so ephemeral…
    it arouses such a
    bittersweet,
    almost heartbreaking fondness.

Deleted
    Do you have any portable consoles? If you have a PSP, try Fate / Extra.