Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Don't know if people noticed but there are 3 types of legendaries

On the front page it is shown each wepon comes in three different versions LFR, Normal and Heroic. Now I saw some threads that people made saying something like "OMG LFR gives legendaries" well guess what, it dosen't really effect you as such. From the chain quest you can get the 500 str/agi/intellect gem to put inside your legendary. Now people don't panic about the item dropping from LFR because the only thing that people can get is the gem which is not the legendary.

509 Two-handed Axe Melee Two Hand Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion Sha of Fear Terrace of Endless Spring
    509 Gun Physical DPS Ranged Taoren, the Soul Burner Lei Shi Terrace of Endless Spring
    509 One-handed Sword Melee One Hand Kilrak, Jaws of Terror Sha of Fear Terrace of Endless Spring
    509 One-handed Sword Spell DPS One Hand Loshan, Terror Incarnate Tsulong Terrace of Endless Spring
    509 Staff Physical DPS Two Hand Gao-Rei, Staff of the Legendary Protector Tsulong Terrace of Endless Spring
    509 Staff Spell DPS Two Hand Jin'ya, Orb of the Waterspeaker Lei Shi Terrace of Endless Spring
    509 Dagger Physical DPS One Hand Spiritsever Lei Shi Terrace of Endless Spring
    509 One-handed Mace Spell DPS Main Hand Kri'tak, Imperial Scepter of the Swarm Grand Empress Shek'zeer Heart of Fear
    509 Fist Weapon Physical DPS One Hand Claws of Shek'zeer Grand Empress Shek'zeer Heart of Fear

496 Two-handed Axe Melee Two Hand Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion Sha of Fear Terrace of Endless Spring
    496 Gun Physical DPS Ranged Taoren, the Soul Burner Lei Shi Terrace of Endless Spring
    496 One-handed Sword Melee One Hand Kilrak, Jaws of Terror Sha of Fear Terrace of Endless Spring
    496 One-handed Sword Spell DPS One Hand Loshan, Terror Incarnate Tsulong Terrace of Endless Spring
    496 Staff Physical DPS Two Hand Gao-Rei, Staff of the Legendary Protector Tsulong Terrace of Endless Spring
    496 Staff Spell DPS Two Hand Jin'ya, Orb of the Waterspeaker Lei Shi Terrace of Endless Spring
    496 Dagger Physical DPS One Hand Spiritsever Lei Shi Terrace of Endless Spring
    496 One-handed Mace Spell DPS Main Hand Kri'tak, Imperial Scepter of the Swarm Grand Empress Shek'zeer Heart of Fear
    496 Fist Weapon Physical DPS One Hand Claws of Shek'zeer Grand Empress Shek'zeer Heart of Fear

483 Two-handed Axe Melee Two Hand Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion Sha of Fear Terrace of Endless Spring
    483 Gun Physical DPS Ranged Taoren, the Soul Burner Lei Shi Terrace of Endless Spring
    483 One-handed Sword Melee One Hand Kilrak, Jaws of Terror Sha of Fear Terrace of Endless Spring
    483 One-handed Sword Spell DPS One Hand Loshan, Terror Incarnate Tsulong Terrace of Endless Spring
    483 Staff Physical DPS Two Hand Gao-Rei, Staff of the Legendary Protector Tsulong Terrace of Endless Spring
    483 Staff Spell DPS Two Hand Jin'ya, Orb of the Waterspeaker Lei Shi Terrace of Endless Spring
    483 Dagger Physical DPS One Hand Spiritsever Lei Shi Terrace of Endless Spring
    483 One-handed Mace Spell DPS Main Hand Kri'tak, Imperial Scepter of the Swarm Grand Empress Shek'zeer Heart of Fear
    483 Fist Weapon Physical DPS One Hand Claws of Shek'zeer Grand Empress Shek'zeer Heart of Fear

Now assuming you get the gem from LFR you can put it in the LFR wepon, normal or heroic so people wont be runing around with legendaries because there are three phases. The only thing that LFR can give you is the item for the gem, not the legendary.
    Last edited by mmocff59137b32; 2012-08-04 at 10:08 PM.

Deleted
    Its probably a bug, blizzard has agreed that legendary's are too common and will make them harder to get. Thats the whole point of Legendary's, to only see like 3 people having them on a server when its relevant.

There is no point in legendary's if everyone can get them and blizzard knows that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    Its probably a bug, blizzard has agreed that legendary's are too common and will make them harder to get. Thats the whole point of Legendary's, to only see like 3 people having them on a server when its relevant.

There is no point in legendary's if everyone can get them and blizzard knows that.
    The thing is even if everyone can obtain it, those three different versions are most likely different looking.

Deleted
    Then still blizzard won't do it, there is no point in legendary's if everyone and their dog can get it. Then you can better just not have them and just make them normal epics and blizzard agrees, like the frontpage says, its just a bug.

I fail to see any legendaries on the front page besides the gems that go in special sockets that are on a few pieces of gear (aka the ones on the front page) Just cause you have the legendary gem doesnt make the entire weapon legendary. There are other parts of the quest that will come in later patches which will possibly be the "legendary shield, legendary staff, etc.."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Gir View Post
    I fail to see any legendaries on the front page besides the gems that go in special sockets that are on a few pieces of gear (aka the ones on the front page) Just cause you have the legendary gem doesnt make the entire weapon legendary. There are other parts of the quest that will come in later patches which will possibly be the "legendary shield, legendary staff, etc.."
    Of course but the wepon was designed to insert the gem in it.

You are confusing the Legendary itself with just the Sha Touched gem questline.

This all is just about a huge +primary stat gem that can be placed in one of those weapons

The actual legendary is further along the questline, and potentially spans tiers from the look of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post

This all is just about a huge +primary stat gem that can be placed in one of those weapons

The actual legendary is further along the questline, and potentially spans tiers from the look of it.
    Yeah I saw but people complain about the item being dropped in LFR for the gem, now I don't really see a huge issue with it.

you can get only one gem and that's through hardcore raiding.

of course, you could put it in a LFR weapon. but it would be a waste of stats over putting it on a heroic version of the same weapon because you can't get another legendary gem!

the sigils dropping on LFR will go away like the rogue legendary gems dropping in LFR.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by manswtor View Post
    Of course but the wepon was designed to insert the gem in it.
    yes, but that doesnt make it a legendary weapon..you just have a gem..one single gem..

Quote Originally Posted by underdogba View Post

Thats what I am saying and there is ALOT of misconception on the forums about that

Deleted
    yes, but that doesnt make it a legendary weapon..you just have a gem..one single gem..

Thats what I am saying and there is ALOT of misconception on the forums about that
    I understand that is only phase 1 and to obtain the full legendary will require to do all phases each patch but I don't really understand what the issue is about the item being dropped in LFR, as people said is not a full legendary and you obtain the gem from it for the wepon.
    Last edited by mmocff59137b32; 2012-08-04 at 10:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBH...i think they need to add a new rarity to items...something in between legendary and epic...keep legendary for hand of ragnaros/windfury/ all the others but have somthing new for "rare" epic drops eg battered hilt weapon, the rogue weapons that aren't full legendary yet...

You are just on a quest to prove your worth and the end result is just a gem. I don't see any big deal with that unless you actually obtained a legendary weapon from LFR which this isnt the case

Deleted
    My understanding is people complain about that item being dropped in LFR because it will give people the gem but you got to remember it won't be easy to win it where as in 10m is much much easier.

---------- Post added 2012-08-04 at 10:05 PM ----------

You are just on a quest to prove your worth and the end result is just a gem. I don't see any big deal with that unless you actually obtained a legendary weapon from LFR which this isnt the case
    This is exactly my point and people go and have a rage on forums OMG LEGENDARY FROM LFR, thats not gone happen.

It's still asinine to give legendaries in LFR. The way it SHOULD be:

--Rares (blues) from heroic dungeons
    --Epics (purples) from LFR raids, normal raids, and heroic raids
    --Legendaries (oranges) from heroic raids, and maybe normal raids

And before I get called some 1% elitist, two things:

1. I'm a casual. I'm never played WoW for more than maybe 4 months (6 max) at a time. I never got beyond 2 or 3 Ulduar bosses or Putricide in ICC. I beat all of the pre-Dragon Soul raids (in Cataclysm) on normal, but only did Dragon Soul in LFR (didn't have a raid spot at the time). I joined right before Wrath released, so I never did classic or TBC raiding. I did 10-man ToGC; that was probably the hardest thing I downed.
    2. I'm am a 1% elitist in my mind. I don't mean that I think I am better than I am. I mean that I believe in rewarding the best with the best. I love the implementation of LFR to allow people to see the content, but I do not believe that people NEED to see normals, let alone heroic modes. Legendaries shouldn't be cheap toys passed around to everyone. Just like how epics became baseline gear when they became welfare gear (they were no longer epic), giving Legendary items to everyone takes away the fact that the items are Legendary.

I honestly hope that the Legendary quests are damned hard and punishing for those unable to play at a respectable level (read: can't down bosses on normal). You shouldn't just get a Legendary as a participation award. What if the NBA gave the Charlotte Bobcats a championship trophy after setting the NBA record for worst winning percentage in league history? They participated, and they were able to play other teams (see the content), but when they were proven to be bad, they weren't rewarded with championship rings (Legendaries).

I honestly don't get why people think that every piece of gear, every mount, and every achievement is some sort of need-to-see content, and that the elite players are in the wrong for wanting recognition for their accomplishments beyond the month before the nerf floodgates open and casuals and bads get to roll over high-end content for the sake of progression for those unwilling to up their game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilfrier View Post
    It's still asinine to give legendaries in LFR. The way it SHOULD be:

--Rares (blues) from heroic dungeons
    --Epics (purples) from LFR raids, normal raids, and heroic raids
    --Legendaries (oranges) from heroic raids, and maybe normal raids

And before I get called some 1% elitist, two things:

1. I'm a casual. I'm never played WoW for more than maybe 4 months (6 max) at a time. I never got beyond 2 or 3 Ulduar bosses or Putricide in ICC. I beat all of the pre-Dragon Soul raids (in Cataclysm) on normal, but only did Dragon Soul in LFR (didn't have a raid spot at the time). I joined right before Wrath released, so I never did classic or TBC raiding. I did 10-man ToGC; that was probably the hardest thing I downed.
    2. I'm am a 1% elitist in my mind. I don't mean that I think I am better than I am. I mean that I believe in rewarding the best with the best. I love the implementation of LFR to allow people to see the content, but I do not believe that people NEED to see normals, let alone heroic modes. Legendaries shouldn't be cheap toys passed around to everyone. Just like how epics became baseline gear when they became welfare gear (they were no longer epic), giving Legendary items to everyone takes away the fact that the items are Legendary.

I honestly hope that the Legendary quests are damned hard and punishing for those unable to play at a respectable level (read: can't down bosses on normal). You shouldn't just get a Legendary as a participation award. What if the NBA gave the Charlotte Bobcats a championship trophy after setting the NBA record for worst winning percentage in league history? They participated, and they were able to play other teams (see the content), but when they were proven to be bad, they weren't rewarded with championship rings (Legendaries).

I honestly don't get why people think that every piece of gear, every mount, and every achievement is some sort of need-to-see content, and that the elite players are in the wrong for wanting recognition for their accomplishments beyond the month before the nerf floodgates open and casuals and bads get to roll over high-end content for the sake of progression for those unwilling to up their game.
    People got to remember first quest is proving you worthy of doing the legendary quest, so is not the actual legendary that you can get from LFR, is the GEM.

Oh no! Their loot is the same color as MY loot color! My tiny genitals!

EDIT: Keep it civil, please.
    Last edited by ibkc66; 2012-08-05 at 03:44 PM.

Yeah like manswtor was saying, its not the weapon that is legendary it is the gem which is legendary. Even if someone gets an lfr sha touched weapon, they will still need to do the legendary questline and get sigils of wisdom from normal bosses to complete their legendary gem. So it is not the weapon that is legendary, it is the gem.

Blackwing Heroine BlackwingHecate's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deyndice View Post
    Yeah like manswtor was saying, its not the weapon that is legendary it is the gem which is legendary. Even if someone gets an lfr sha touched weapon, they will still need to do the legendary questline and get sigils of wisdom from normal bosses to complete their legendary gem. So it is not the weapon that is legendary, it is the gem.
    Thing is that at the moment in beta, the quest times also drop in LFR, so if that stays, then you can get the gem in LFR. Also remember that the breath of the black dragon purifies "sha touched weapons" so unless something has changed, the weapons from these fights ARE the ones that will become legendary.
    Nostalgia is the hollow remnants of memories long gone.

-Kaito Kumon (Kamen Rider Baron)

Quote Originally Posted by Urufu View Post
    Thing is that at the moment in beta, the quest times also drop in LFR, so if that stays, then you can get the gem in LFR. Also remember that the breath of the black dragon purifies "sha touched weapons" so unless something has changed, the weapons from these fights ARE the ones that will become legendary.
    They obviously aren't though, the icons for the legendary weapons do not match the weapon types that drop.