10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Prometheus View Post
    I really wish Mesmers had better dps. I played one a lot during the first two Beta Weekend Events, and really liked their aesthetics, but couldn't get over how ridiculously unpolished they were. They still appear to need a lot of work.
    I thought Mesmer was one of the most polished profs in the game.... And the Mesmer has never been one for damage, they're more about subterfuge, control, and just being a jack ass, which the Mesmer of Gw2 does VERY well I might add.... If you want raw damage with Mesmer only real option is sword or greatsword all others are kinda douchebaggery and the such... And if neither of those are doing the damage you desire roll an elementalist
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damage seems fine on Mesmer. Just gotta do it right. Mesmers don't blow you up with Fireballs - instead they shoot you with purple butterflies that make you punch yourself.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Damage seems fine on Mesmer. Just gotta do it right. Mesmers don't blow you up with Fireballs - instead they shoot you with purple butterflies that make you punch yourself.
    Drakewurrum is confused!

It hurt itself in confusion!!! XD that's how I imagine Mesmer gameplay as (which it really is especially with heavy confusion based builds)
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Currently with confusion (since engineers can keep stacks rolling without dropping) you can either stack power and try to create a steady flow of low stacked confusion or stack condition damage and have confusion as "burst" and have staff be your damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Currently with confusion (since engineers can keep stacks rolling without dropping) you can either stack power and try to create a steady flow of low stacked confusion or stack condition damage and have confusion as "burst" and have staff be your damage.
    You can also go for both condition dmg and power... An get a nice spread of both (I know it sounds like it doesn't work but it actually does if you set yourself up right...

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    You can also go for both condition dmg and power... An get a nice spread of both (I know it sounds like it doesn't work but it actually does if you set yourself up right...
    If you have someone who can support you since you will have almost no toughness or vitality, yea it would work.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have someone who can support you since you will have almost no toughness or vitality, yea it would work.
    Actually.... It depends in your spec, I had tons of toughness.... Or was it vitality.... Idr.... I had like 20k or so health, idr the toughness... I think toughness was a little more because I had a trait swapping it into condition damage...

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Actually.... It depends in your spec, I had tons of toughness.... Or was it vitality.... Idr.... I had like 20k or so health, idr the toughness... I think toughness was a little more because I had a trait swapping it into condition damage...
    If you had 20k hp only another stat could be abnormally high and 5% of your toughness converted to condition damage isn't amazing. So I'm assuming you stacked vitality and condition damage with a minor toughness boost probably from traits which don't really do anything drastic.

10+ Year Old Account
    God forbid we have teamwork. :P
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

God forbid we have teamwork. :P
    Because god compels us to work as a team?

Also new build!!!!!!!!

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simul....10.10.25.25.0

This is a point capping/burst moment build. Scepter/sword is for the block granting retaliation which is increased by power

From what I heard phantasmal disenchanter is garbage and I might drop it. I need to test its condition removal at launch. If it sucks I will be going with null field instead.

I also need to see the difference in healing power to see if dwayna rune and clerics gem is worth it. If not I will be dropping disenchanter and defender for something else.

The burst set up is offhand sword phantasm, stun with pistol, pistol phantasm then sword flurry with a 6 stack of might going from sigils. While keeping 23k hp and 1.8k toughness and 1900 power.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-08-06 at 01:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because god compels us to work as a team?
    Well, if we see Arena Net developers as gods, relative to our characters....

Well, if we see Arena Net developers as gods, relative to our characters....
    More like Anet gives us the powers to create and lead our own characters.

So its a god making a god making the characters.

Deleted

A mesmer guide, feedback wanted!

Hi there, I've recently posted a guide regarding mesmer on Guru, and I'd post it here if I was allowed instead of giving a link, but it really bugs out when I tried to copy it here for some reason

Either way, I'd love to hear your inputs and everything so I can make it a better guide. Thanks for reading and take care guys!

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...-spvp-in-work/

Best regards,
    Blowi
    Last edited by mmocb14cccb667; 2012-08-06 at 12:41 PM.

Deleted
    We have a mesmer thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very Good guide, lots to read .

Deleted
    Thanks a lot, and sorry I didn't see the mesmer discussion thread on 2nd page

Deleted
    Amazing read, learned a lot of new things that I missed even tough I've played a lot of mesmer. I wish there was such an in-depth guide for every profession since I still can't decide what to play.

Deleted
    Very great read AND fantastic layout. I'm learning a lot of things while reading this. A definite thumbs up from me.

Now tell Teldo to do something similar for Engineers, go go.

Deleted
    Awesome guide man! A lot of information I didnt know about mesmer, you also made me 100% sure to go mesmer on launch . There are some missclicks or grammar errors, but nothing major. I like you made a new thread, so it wont get lost as easily as in mesmer discussion thread. It would be awesome if this was linked to the sticky post, so people can find it easily. Also I hope to see more videos from you playing a mesmer.

Deleted
    I made a new thread, but it got merged with discussion by a moderator it appears.

If you would point out the grammar errors, miss clicks and so such I'll correct it ASAP. Appreciate the kind words guys, and I'll PM Teldo on Skype haha!