I am not sure if this was brought up, but why did someone argue that the historians/and everyone else would judge Shepard based on his/her actions? Technically, if Shepard chooses Destroy, he is the only living thing that will be around to tell that there were options. In fact, as far as everyone involved with the Crucible knew, it would eliminate the Reapers. If Shepard says nothing, which is not unreasonable if you are even slightly Renegade, everyone would most likely assume that the Geth (and EDI) deaths were an unforseen side-effect of stopping the Reapers.

Shepard certainly would not be blamed for it. He went in, following orders, nearly died/died, and eliminated the threat that was reaping the entire Galaxy. If anything, the blame would be on those that ordered the weapon to be fired, and even then.. saved total extinction, and all that. It is safe to say that no one knew what the Crucible would do, but everyone wanted it build because of what it COULD do. Even the Geth, if they are alive at that point, help out in its construction.

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    For ME1? I did and they're pretty buggy.
    ye they will be if you dont enable it do access more than 2gigs of ram.

Quote Originally Posted by Sekira
    High res textures?
    http://social.bioware.com/project/5275/#comments
    http://social.bioware.com/project/7907/#files
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rning/advanced
    i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz - R9-280X @ 1150Mhz on stock voltage - 8GB of DDR3 Ram @ 1866Mhz

Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Buu, please tell me you're not serious.

Also, don't dis Mitchy D.
    Please tell me YOU'RE not serious....

You really believe that ANYONE that lives on the money they get from ads would hurt their income source?

That would make IGN a HUGE FAIL. They MUST heat the industry, making people want to buy from advertisers. Seriously, you NEVER noticed that?

We are talking about that site that gave a nice review on BATTLESHIP, THE GAME.

Geez, BATTLESHIP!!!! They made it look as if Angry Joe went to a different dimension.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Want to quote something that can be taken seriously? Quote Forbes, Game Blender, The Examiner. But not sites in the publisher's payroll. Those will ALWAYS DEFEND their money source.
    http://www.examiner.com/article/mass...ct-3-s-endings
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain...fect-3-ending/
    http://gamingbolt.com/mass-effect-3-...l-to-the-story

Do I need to list more articles that say the exact same thing as I quoted from the IGN story?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    IGN didn't review battleship. That's a preview you linked to, and from what I recall Battleship actually looked decent in demos. The gimmick wasn't enough to keep it going when it turned out to actually be a run of the mill third person shooter with poor controls and a bad story.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Did you ACTUALLY read those?
    "Just to clarify I did not mean to imply that there will be new endings or important changes to the existing endings. How the DLC impacts the ending is unknown – and according to BioWare’s Mike Gamble the endings won’t “change” at all. Rather, we’ll get more exposition about the Reapers. This is why my post is titled “impact” rather than “change.”"

" “no, it won’t ‘change’ your ending. It will give more exposition about the reapers though!”

Given these confirmations from Bioware, it should be made very clear that since the ‘Extended Cut’ DLC there will be zero changes to the endings made in the future. What the new ‘Leviathan’ DLC will do is add conversations toward the end of Mass Effect 3 that will be dependent on what choices gamers make during the DLC."

"Sounds good, but is this what players really want? The DLC does not impact the main story or the endings in any way and is something just additional story based content for Mass Effect 3 players to enjoy. This should have been included in the main game. A reaper arc where you get to find a weapon strong enough to destroy them is something that would have really suited the main game, but a DLC at this point seems completely useless."

---------- Post added 2012-08-05 at 10:07 PM ----------

IGN didn't review battleship. That's a preview you linked to, and from what I recall Battleship actually looked decent in demos. The gimmick wasn't enough to keep it going when it turned out to actually be a run of the mill third person shooter with poor controls and a bad story.
    You can add more make up to a clown, but that won't change that his face looks like a clown.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buu View Post
    Did you ACTUALLY read those?
    Yes and they all confirm what I said about how the endings won't change. And they all talk about how it will be a "rift" and not a new ending. The Forbes article even has the same line I quoted from the IGN article.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    You said they reviewed it. What you linked to wasn't a review. It was a preview. The two are very different. I'm not trying to be rude, that's just the way it is. If you want to show me other proof that they're biased and manipulative, go ahead.

OK, OK... Go defending IGN and Bioware, that won't bring ANY of the people that deserted them...

IGN still receiving a HUGE cut on their advertising contracts from EA, as the new CFO start to work.

And Bioware still disenfranchised and about to repeat DA2 crap of canceling DLCs to "concentrate in Mass Effect 4".

We have seem those movie before.

BTW, Daily Blink is full of Win.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not defending them, I'm asking you for proof. I'm pointing out where you are wrong. If you have proof and are in fact correct that IGN is full of money hats I would like to see your evidence. If they are then I can be sure to ignore them.

Why is it so hard for people to provide evidence when they claim it to be abundant?

I'm not defending them, I'm asking you for proof. I'm pointing out where you are wrong. If you have proof and are in fact correct that IGN is full of money hats I would like to see your evidence. If they are then I can be sure to ignore them.

Why is it so hard for people to provide evidence when they claim it to be abundant?
    Wait, you missed the advertising in the site?
    If you can't accept that bashing the people who pay your bills by showing up advertising in your site is bad business practice, while saying anything that make them sell more is the smart move, well... not really my prerogative to deal with your delusions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have AdBlock Plus, so no, I don't see their ads. I'm sorry you're angry at me, I don't intend to offend.

Trust me on this, but BioWare is not going to lose major support over just Mass Effect 3. That is like saying Blizzard is in dire straits for the ruckus about Diablo 3. You have players loving and hating either game, both companies earning money, and both companies have an outstanding track record of producing successful games.

BioWare could spend 1 billion dollars creating Minesweeper: The RPG for all I care, and I would still try their games. It is a bit hard to comprehend, I am sure, but I've been loyal to BioWare since Baldur's Gate and they've NEVER failed me. Yes, there have been some disappointments (Awakening, DA2), but there has never been a BioWare game that has made me so horribly disillusioned that I'd say "I have to stop playing this game, right now. This is awful, I can not continue, even if I haven't finished it". I still found parts about Awakening and DA2 (which are the games I don't like too much out of the ones BioWare made) to be really great, and they worked very well. Those two, while not epic, were still good games (although DA2 was in danger of getting into "mediocre" with its story and reused areas).

10+ Year Old Account
    No, actually. I'm hoping that I'll get a response. I don't assume that everyone is going to be hostile the second I ask a question. I ask questions because I want to learn.

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Of course she did, she even said "the woman I was used these words" and continued speaking about how she now understands some things that she didn't before. The Star Child even explained that I wouldn't die if I choose control but would be changed.
    Uh... What? No. He outright SAYS that Shepard will die.

Catalyst: You will die. You will control us, but you will lose everything you have.

Shepard: How can I control the Reapers if I'm dead?

Catalyst: Your corporeal form will be dissolved, but your thoughts, and even your memories, will continue. You will no longer be organic. Your connection to your kind will be lost, though you will remain aware of their existence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apologies, I misinterpreted the tone of your post then.
    Last edited by Grizzly Willy; 2012-08-06 at 04:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang View Post
    Trust me on this, but BioWare is not going to lose major support over just Mass Effect 3. That is like saying Blizzard is in dire straits for the ruckus about Diablo 3. You have players loving and hating either game, both companies earning money, and both companies have an outstanding track record of producing successful games.

BioWare could spend 1 billion dollars creating Minesweeper: The RPG for all I care, and I would still try their games. It is a bit hard to comprehend, I am sure, but I've been loyal to BioWare since Baldur's Gate and they've NEVER failed me. Yes, there have been some disappointments (Awakening, DA2), but there has never been a BioWare game that has made me so horribly disillusioned that I'd say "I have to stop playing this game, right now. This is awful, I can not continue, even if I haven't finished it". I still found parts about Awakening and DA2 (which are the games I don't like too much out of the ones BioWare made) to be really great, and they worked very well. Those two, while not epic, were still good games (although DA2 was in danger of getting into "mediocre" with its story and reused areas).
    Not to go offtopic, but was was wrong with Awakening? I thought it was a fun addition to DA:O. A little short, but it was only an expac.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuanrang View Post

Their will always be a market for their games. I mean as disappointed as I was in D3 It's not gonna stop me from looking into buying HoTS. I don't expect it wil stop very many people from buying MoP. Same thing with Bioware. It helps that ME3 was still actually a really good game regardless of the ending.

As for reviewers I find it hilarious that this forum is so divided on the issue. It's okay to say reviewers get paid for EA games because well EA is the devil after all but if you say Blizzard does this well how dare you.. The simply fact is we have no proof and the available evidence tends to discredit this. I mean if that were the case no game would get a bad review. DA2 isn't my favourite Bioware game by any means but if you go look at the average meta critic review it's a 79 on Xbox IIRC. Surely EA with it's vast fortune could buy a better review... Theirs plenty of other examples as well. Racoon City got a 4.0. Surely Capcom with it's vast sums of money could have bought a better review..

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1221156p1.html
    http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/06/2...of-2012-so-far
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-08-06 at 07:30 AM.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    Their will always be a market for their games. I mean as disappointed as I was in D3 It's not gonna stop me from looking into buying HoTS. I don't expect it wil stop very many people from buying MoP. Same thing with Bioware. It helps that ME3 was still actually a really good game regardless of the ending.

As for reviewers I find it hilarious that this forum is so divided on the issue. It's okay to say reviewers get paid for EA games because well EA is the devil after all but if you say Blizzard does this well how dare you.. The simply fact is we have no proof and the available evidence tends to discredit this. I mean if that were the case no game would get a bad review. DA2 isn't my favourite Bioware game by any means but if you go look at the average meta critic review it's a 79 on Xbox IIRC. Surely EA with it's vast fortune could buy a better review... Theirs plenty of other examples as well. Racoon City got a 4.0. Surely Capcom with it's vast sums of money could have bought a better review..

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/122/1221156p1.html
    http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/06/2...of-2012-so-far
    Thats because DA2 was not a bad game, DA2 could have been much more then it was, and people expected alot because of Origins. The same goes for ME3. ME3 in itself is a excellent game, way above average, people are just disappointed in the ending, because it was different then they expected it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Not to go offtopic, but was was wrong with Awakening? I thought it was a fun addition to DA:O. A little short, but it was only an expac.
    While many parts of the game was great, I just felt like I could not really live the story because there were so horribly little face time on the Architect and the Mother, that I really did not know much about them. When I then, later, has to decide how to interact with them at the very end, there is not much choice involved. I would be okay if it was a sudden appearance, but both of them was present for large portions of the game. We knew they existed, we just did not know enough about them to think of them as villains.
    Another gripe was the entire companion/NPCs from Awakening, but yeah.

Do not get me wrong, I did not say it was bad. It was still good as games go, but it was bad as BioWare RPGs go or, more specifically, as an expansion of Dragon Age: Origins.

The truth is, we become spoiled because we experience excellence, then we want more. I think that is why people get disappointed with Mass Effect 3. They enjoy the game up until the end, they get an ending they did not expect, which leads to them being disappointed and narrowminded enough to label the game as a whole as "bad".

Some people have justified arguments as to why the game is bad, but most people bash the entire game just for the ending. Heck, ME3 multiplayer has given me more playability and fun than many other games at this point. There is more to ME3 than the endings.
    Last edited by Yuanrang; 2012-08-06 at 11:08 AM.