Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Someone's never been to the middle of the "Horde Symbol" in Azshara, I see.
    lol, that place is so insignificant I didn't even remember it until you brought it up. You can't seriously compare that to Dalaran, please. The whole city is magnificent, full with unique NPC's, lore, vendors with unique gear plus unique achievements. It has an AH and portals. Bilgewater Harbor has a few trainers and quest NPC's so you can get to Twilight Highlands. The whole place was designed for the Horde questline to get to Dragonmaw Port. That's it. But I think Blizzard will see this and won't be stupid enough to give you another city and give us nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Who says it has to even appear in the present in game. All they have to do is put a few kirin tor mages fighting under the banner of the alliance and that's it. They can leave Dalaran in northrend since WOTLK takes place in the past. I'm of the opinion that Northrend and outland should never be updated but kalimdor and eastern kingdoms need to be. Let's face it... wrath of the Lich king without a lich king would suck donkey balls.
    If they gave you Dalaran and ever updated Northrend, I'd have a problem. If you don't mess with my Dalaran, do as you please. I'm a proud mage who loves the Kirin Tor, I love my city.
    Last edited by Yakuchin; 2012-08-05 at 10:03 PM.

I cannot wait to raid Dalaran!
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakuchin View Post
    If you don't mess with my Dalaran, do as you please. I'm a proud mage who loves the Kirin Tor, I love my city.
    Lorewise, Dalaran has been neutral for approx. 3-4 years, due to the exceptional curcumstances of the war with the Lich King, and before that firmly alliance for thousands and thousands of years. It's perfectly fine for you to be a loyal Kirin Tor mage, but remember that as such, you would be unlikely to side with the horde. Basically, if your loyalty lies with the Kirin Tor, you have defected from the horde.

After a very long time Blizzard have a chance to give us an epic story. I hope they don't turn Jaina neutral, at least nto till she's done some major damage.
    I think having dalaran flown to theramore would be a good idea (Northrend is frozen back in time, for those who see this effecting N'rend nothing in wotlk quests or story needs to change)

1) Jaina's aggro must lead to serious consequences, please don't let her chicken out again Blizz.
    2) Dalaran is moved to Theramore which gives ally a port on kalimdor !! (which they would otherwise lose)

I can not think of more because I want to know where thrall stands with all this. Him and Jaina were always pretty close, so if he stood by his old friend (with benefit?), Vol'jin would outright side with Thrall. Not to mention we know that garrosh has been corrupted.

Just hope Blizz don't make this into some cliche generic crap, they have a chance at making a great story here.

Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    maybe she'll fly it into garroshs throne room!! lol wouldnt that be a sight.
    Captain Piccard Style!
    "Ensign, ramming speed!"

edit:
    lol, that place is so insignificant I didn't even remember it until you brought it up. You can't seriously compare that to Dalaran, please. The whole city is magnificent, full with unique NPC's, lore, vendors with unique gear plus unique achievements. It has an AH and portals. Bilgewater Harbor has a few trainers and quest NPC's so you can get to Twilight Highlands. The whole place was designed for the Horde questline to get to Dragonmaw Port. That's it. But I think Blizzard will see this and won't be stupid enough to give you another city and give us nothing.
    Theramore is GONE, how is it that Dalaran (which was an Alliance city (and a horde bloodfest questing ground) to begin with pre-wotlk) going back to the Alliance when Jaina takes over the Kirin Tor "taking away" from the Horde. The Horde has zero claim over Dalaran, it was and always will be a human city, granted it's a human city that focused on the study of the arcane, but it is still a human city, and a member of the Alliance. In the threat of the Lich King and Malygos the Horde was allowed to stay inside the city, while being supervised by former Kirin Tor Quel'dorei that turned Sin'Dorei. Just because the Horde was given a bed to sleep in, inside the city, does not give them any claim to the city.
    To be honest, Dalaran committing 100% to the Alliance would be a good move, if Blizzard really intends to try and escalate the Horde/Alliance war.
    Last edited by kendro1200; 2012-08-05 at 10:38 PM.

Deleted
    Ah... I need to comment.
    So when Alliance players complain that we don't get an equally good story or ... you know, stuff like that, some Horde players come and say "well, a story is not interesting when there's equality". Now, we, Alliance, might get Dalaran, and now it's Horde players coming and saying "but... but... equality! You might (as we might even not) get a major city!". How does it feel when I say the same thing Horde players always told me when I said something:

"A story on equal footing isn't an interesting story. You, Horde, should get nothing, since it wouldn't make sense and it would make the story boring!"

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    well we lost a city... and if we get another it would be fair.Dalaran without touching Northrend(which is in a time bubble anyway) could be cool...

Yeah i know getting dalaran is big but still if we get a new city in mop how come horde wants one also ? did they lost a hut or something ?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think no one here is understanding that just like you guys are going to raid Org, the Horde don't always stand together! The Horde who side with/ don't side with garrosh and are loyal to the Kirin Tor could still be allowed in the city. Just they would have to prove loyal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Horde getting a new main city after Siege of Orgrimmar ?
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    No, because Orgrimmar doesn't get leveled by a bloodthirsty tyrant, it gets sieged by two well-organized armies. Big difference.

Besides, Orgrimmar can be rebuilt with canvas and twine. Now look at the Alliance towns! They never get to have them fully built or repaired before the beginning of an expansion! :P
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    No, because Orgrimmar doesn't get leveled by a bloodthirsty tyrant, it gets sieged by two well-organized armies. Big difference.

Besides, Orgrimmar can be rebuilt with canvas and twine. Now look at the Alliance towns! They never get to have them fully built or repaired before the beginning of an expansion! :P
    In mop, SW is still burning and damaged from dw...man that dragon must hve some strong fire...

If they gave you Dalaran and ever updated Northrend, I'd have a problem. If you don't mess with my Dalaran, do as you please. I'm a proud mage who loves the Kirin Tor, I love my city.
    As others pointed out...its NOT YOUR city as horde...you a merely a guest allowed to stay. In the end Dalaran was an not unimportant part of the alliance lorewise before it got a visit by some guy named arthas.
    Last edited by Asmalya; 2012-08-06 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    i freaking dont hope they will turn her just a another alliance who turns 100% neutral, if they do so, fucking horribel writting from blizzard,

For she do have a reason to be mad, lore wise, Theramore is a damn big city. But ofc, as we all know, she will just be neural, staying in the flying city of dalaran, because it does not matter when everything you love have been killed, as long your a alliance charcter
    Wrong! "Jaina's response to Theramore will be explored in Christie Golden's upcoming novel, and later in the Mists patch cycle. Neutral? Pah!"-Dave Kosak

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So much discussion about an idea that we pretty much pulled out of our asses

Someone said Dalaran is equivelant to Stonard, and has no significant things. I beg to differ. Goto Theramore as alliance right now. There's profession trainers there. Class Trainers. It is the only easy to get to outpost for alliance into southern Kalimdor. Stonard, the horde could easily take the portal to the dark portal to get there even though they also got mages with a portal to stonard.

Stonard in lore, is a tiny little town in a big swamp. Theramore according to lore, is a large city. I don't think Theramore is insignificant. And it certainly has a heck of a lot more that Stonard has. So I consider it a pretty even trade. Horde destroys Theramore City, which through some means, gets rid of Rhonin, and Jaina, an Alliance character, takes over Dalaran.

Again, can't stress this enough.

Northrend Dalaran isn't going anywhere!

It would if anything, be a copy of Dalaran. So there would be 2 Dalarans. Northrend will not be touched. And so the portals don't get confused. The Dalaran copy, which I firmly believe, would be placed over the ruins of Theramore, the mage portal there would be called: Portal - Ruins of Theramore. We port there, and the teleportation crystal would be there to take us to the floating Dalaran copy above. The old horde quarters? Most likely converted into a refugee medical ward to house injured soldiers and such. The old horde BG entrance room, could be cleared out and turned into an alliance battle planning room.

People who play horde love to say when it comes to the destruction of Theramore:

"All's fair in love and war"

But then when they see Theramore may be replaced with a copy of Dalaran, suddenly the tables are turned.

Quote Originally Posted by Eis View Post
    So uh.. about that video just posted on the front page. http://youtu.be/pnHOzvZ3hS0

"...it is that, I think, above all else that led to the Kirin Tor choosing me as Rhonin's successor."

Maybe I missed something, but WHERE'S RHONIN GOING? o.O

I believe he is going to be killed.

But Also I speculate that Blizzard planned to use Jaina as some kind of neutral mentor figure to the next Guardian (whatever his name is), along side the archmage dude from Outlands (cant spell his name and too lazy to look up)
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knighthonor View Post
    I believe he is going to be killed.

But Also I speculate that Blizzard planned to use Jaina as some kind of neutral mentor figure to the next Guardian (whatever his name is), along side the archmage dude from Outlands (cant spell his name and too lazy to look up)
    As said a bunch in the thread previous, Jaina won't be neutral. I don't know what this means for the Kirin Tor now either.

Khadgar is a perfectly fine mentor on his own. Dude was Medivh's apprentice after all.

I suspect Jaina will be Neutral. Thrall is and will be the Warchief. Garrosh is holding the office pro tempore, and was directly told by Thrall he was not being made Warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shattering, pg 101
    The younger orc's eyes widened, this time in excitement. "you--you are making me warchief?"
    "No. But I am instructing you to lead the Horde on my behalf until I return"
    I suppose the misconception is easy to come by, as anyone who hasn't read the book doesn't know this, and they see the title floating over Garrosh's head. Jaina strikes me as being extremely intelligent, even to the point of understanding her father had to be removed to make peace for the two factions. I believe she will be smart enough to realize the destruction of Theramore is Garrosh's doing and will remain friendly with Thrall once he is back to root Garrosh out. I believe once this happens she will remain a friend to the Horde as she has always been. This is why I don't see a problem with her going Neutral once she leads the Kirin Tor.

Quote Originally Posted by Eis View Post
    As said a bunch in the thread previous, Jaina won't be neutral. I don't know what this means for the Kirin Tor now either.

Khadgar is a perfectly fine mentor on his own. Dude was Medivh's apprentice after all.

how you know she wont?

where was that said?

in the new audio she joins Dalaran... Even back during CAT's hype Developers slipped and stated she and Thrall were somehow joining the Council of the Guardian, which sounds Neutral to me.. just saying..
    Paladins are Cool Now?
    What happen to Kalgan?

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    Being sieged is much different then being destroyed. Once Garrosh is rooted out, the remaining city should take very little time to resettle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Bilgewater - Tree in Darnassus.

I think we're good if we were to get Dalaran, thank you very much.
    Oh okay, so a huge ass city with 3 inns, two banks. Ya that's a load of crap

theramore = stonard

especially when stormwind got -all- of their textures redone and the city looks beautiful... I am so tired of looking at dated lame ass red rocks.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.