Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Just use both, pretty sure each has gaps and having them filled helps. (afaik 2k has a higher res, so make sure that loads after the bethesda one)
    Dont do that it would fuck up the game because there would be two parallell textures to the same things, so it will probably look all mashed up.

Scumbag Bethesda. Releases Dawnguard and doesn't tell anyone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nir115 View Post
    Dont do that it would fuck up the game because there would be two parallell textures to the same things, so it will probably look all mashed up.
    There's already 2 when you use a texture pack...
    Been doing it for a while and no problems.

10+ Year Old Account

I absolutely LOVE that someone mad a mod for this. I love how she sings this song. Mods rock so hard bro...

As for the mods, doing some research on it the textures overwrite so you have to use that combination mod thing that was linked earlier in the thread so you get the full effect. Theirs like a bunch you can mix in. 2K and the beth HD ones are good enough and frankly I need more vram
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-08-05 at 06:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hello guys, two questions from my side:

1). is it possible to craft arrows in Skyrim? I`m having a difficult time with my archer.
    2). is crafting weapons / armors worth it?

thank you.

You can only craft arrows using mods. The entire crafting system is very unbalanced without any mods, you can easily craft mid-range armors and weapons and then improve them to be so powerful it outperforms any looted gear you find in the world. In fact, you won't even need to wear heavy armor apart from vanity reasons since you can reach the armor cap (80% damage reduction) by improving light armor.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can youtube how to make the best bow in the game and the best Daedric armor and it's ridiculously unbalance and overpowered. Personally I fucking love it. I've had my fill of balance.

So the general consensus for Dawnguard for the PC, yay or nay? Is it worth the $20?

10+ Year Old Account
    dawnguard is a different chapter? do you get to play it after finishing the game? or how does it work?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    dawnguard is a different chapter? do you get to play it after finishing the game? or how does it work?
    Starts as soon as you hear a rumor/talk to an innkeeper about rumors. Can start it anytime you want, though it's recommended to be level 10+

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    So the general consensus for Dawnguard for the PC, yay or nay? Is it worth the $20?
    It is but I'm waiting on it, solely because I'm looking forward to the mods that people will be bringing in with it, that will require dawnguard, because i have it on the 360 and some user created quest are far better.

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    It is but I'm waiting on it, solely because I'm looking forward to the mods that people will be bringing in with it, that will require dawnguard, because i have it on the 360 and some user created quest are far better.
    Exact same reason for me. I woudn't say its worth the $20 but the mods that come out for it WILL make it worth the buy.

I usually judge a game for its value by $1 = 1 hour of fun, So far dawnguard itself has provided me with 10 hours and a fairly decent story.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I'd say hell yay. Enjoying every moment of it. Bethesda clearly shows that a dedicated team can for obvious reasons do a lot more with their game than even the most serious modders. The only mods that might compare are "And the Realms of Daedra", "Chrysamere" and "Moonguard to Elsweyr" combined to half the scope of Dawnguard.

A question for anyone with Monster Wars: does it work with Dawnguard? I have skyrim monster mod v8 installed and that seems to be working fine (so far). I remember monster wars v4 wasn't compatible with monster mode v8 but I'm guessing the new monster wars version should be.

Also, I think I might be failing with downloading SKSE (I don't even know what it does and only tried installing it for monster wars mod). For some reason I downloaded it fine on my laptop but I don't know what's up on my desktop. Every time I try to download monster wars mod it crashes half way through the download.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2012-08-06 at 04:18 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muzual View Post
    I'd try not to do it at level 10 (or the early teens). I'm level 13 and, although I may just be being a bad, I struggle with the gargoyle enemies
    Same as trying to beat that Dragon priest end boss in the winterhold college quest line at level 13 as I did. Was pretty funny as he basically oneshots you with the shitty gear I had at that time.

I have finished Dawnguard since last week on the xbox and to be honest I love the new follower behavior that Serana shows. I actually had to giggle when she suddenly started to chop some wood or mine ore while I was standing still. The other followers just stand still when you do so too. Serana does interact with the environment like for example she sits down when there are chairs, walks around, leans over a balcony, even uses Alchemy and enchantment tables and cooks when there is a fireplace around.

That´s brilliant. I am sad that the other followers lack this kind of advanced behavior. They just follow you like headless morons stopping when you do and running when you do.

BTW: I was a bit sad that I had to kill Harkon in the end. I kinda loved the theory of beeing able to live as a vampire without suffering sun damage at all. You know shutting down the sun permanently sounds fun Love the Vampire Lord form too.

Edit: The best change in Dawnguard was definitely that citizens do not attack you when you are a bloodthirsty vampire. Sadly it was not featured in the original game as there would be a few citizens still alive in my main save. Prior dawnguard everyone attacked you on sight as a rank 4 vampire
    Last edited by mmocac05adb153; 2012-08-06 at 08:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    one more question:
    when it comes to the armors / weapons i find, do i sell them to a NPC or there is a way to disassemble them ?

10+ Year Old Account
    one more question:
    when it comes to the armors / weapons i find, do i sell them to a NPC or there is a way to disassemble them ?
    Unless there's a mod that can reduce armor back into leather and ingots, all you can do is sell them if you don't use them.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no ideea if there is a mod for that.
    I will check Curse.

so far I am but level 6 but I did not find any places that I could mine for metals. I have bought a pickaxe in the first village though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will check Curse.

so far I am but level 6 but I did not find any places that I could mine for metals. I have bought a pickaxe in the first village though.
    Oh there are many mines scattered about. Dawnstar has a few. And there's another one filled with iron just south of Riverwood, you usually pass it on the escape from Helgen.

And there is ore on the surface too, harder to find though.

There's mod that I suggest, Glowing Ore Veins ,that makes mines glow brightly, and therefore easy to see. Very helpful, especially in dark caves. I got it at Skyrim Nexus.
    Putin khuliyo

I bought Dawnguard on Steam when it released and right now I'm enjoying every seconds of it. I usually play a Nord warrior using sword and shield with a bit of restoration magic, but in Dawnguard I restarted with a new fresh character. He's a Nord Vampire but instead of using melee weapons, shield and heavy armor, I made him an Illusionnist using Conjuration, Sneak and Crossbows to take out enemies and I must say that I'm having more fun than with my warrior. I've also created a small backstory for my character. I never RPed before and I must say that it really improves my gameplay experience and they way I see him. Overall, it makes the experience more in-depth and intense in my opinion. So yeah, for me every penny spent on Skyrim is worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will check Curse.

Look for Codifred's enhanced smithing on the steam workshop, its the only mod I know of that allows you to melt down armors back into their primary metal composition (IE, iron ingots for iron, steel for steel)

Just note that if you do get mods, this will not work for the armors/weapons installed, it only affects vanilla items.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

10+ Year Old Account
    Is a Archer build viable ?

What do you do when the bandits come running at you? I only played mage so far, and when the enemies rush me I can still throw some fireballs while running.
    But with the archer it`s very difficult...