The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    And even at high speeds, the fans are probably virtually silent.
    Yeah I am pretty sure those fans from Silverstone are quite good. Not to mention the chassis has next to no mesh, so they would at least be somewhat muffled, yeah?
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    both run well within spec, my brothers does run hotter due to the older generation components, but nothing near thermal limits

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Yeah I am pretty sure those fans from Silverstone are quite good. Not to mention the chassis has next to no mesh, so they would at least be somewhat muffled, yeah?
    Yeah. What I'm trying to say is that I have such fans in the Silverstone Raven 01, except an older revision, and I couldn't hear them running unless I went out of my way to do so.

Even at 100% and sidepanel off, it was just the sound of shifting air that I recall.

Damn, those setups are amazing. What's the performance on those 690's?
    Playing since 2007.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nab View Post
    Damn, those setups are amazing. What's the performance on those 690's?
    the current 301 drivers have some issues, so framerate doesn't scale up too much from a single 690, however, i am able to take advantage of FXAA and higher AA without a loss in framerate, there is also a bit of frame stutter with both in, but again, that is a driver issue, and vsync fixes it anyway

15+ Year Old Account
    Fortress 2 looks pretty ok case i would have certainly gone for that case if the Cosmos 2 wasnt available thank god it was
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    Fortress 2 looks pretty ok case i would have certainly gone for that case if the Cosmos 2 wasnt available thank god it was
    The funny thing is, Cyanotical replaced his Cosmos 2 with this case. ;p
    "A flower.

Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    The only reason to get a Cosmos 2 over a Fortress 2 would be if you are going for a water cooling build, but then I would prefer a Silverstone Temjin TJ07, TJ11 or a murderbox MKII anyway.

Yeah, honestly? The Cosmos II is really good, but I really want to build in the Fortress II if anything next.
    n0cturnal, the Cosmos II can fit more radiator, but just the watercooling possible in a Fortress II should suffice more than enough. ouo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by n0cturnal View Post
    The only reason to get a Cosmos 2 over a Fortress 2 would be if you are going for a water cooling build, but then I would prefer a Silverstone Temjin TJ07, TJ11 or a murderbox MKII anyway.
    Funny thing is, the HAF X is an arguably better contender for water cooling than the Cosmos 2. Doesn't make much sense. lol
    "A flower.

Funny thing is, the HAF X is an arguably better contender for water cooling than the Cosmos 2.
    For what reason? o.o The Cosmos II can fit a 360 in the roof and two 240s in the bottom. ouo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    For what reason? o.o The Cosmos II can fit a 360 in the roof and two 240s in the bottom. ouo
    and a 200 in the front

---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 01:01 PM ----------

however, the Cosmos II has very big spacing issues, its a big case with very little usable room, when you strip off the plastics, the actual chassis is smaller than the 800d
    Last edited by Cyanotical; 2012-08-06 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanotical View Post
    however, the Cosmos II has very big spacing issues, its a big case with very little usable room, when you strip off the plastics, the actual chassis is smaller than the 800d
    I admit, I got this impression too.

10+ Year Old Account
    A bigger 360 rad can be fit in the roof of the HAF X with push/pull, as well, last I checked.

btw we're going pretty off-topic, maybe we should make a thread dedicated to debating which chassis is best for what. :P
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    A bigger 360 rad can be fit in the roof of the HAF X with push/pull, as well, last I checked.

btw we're going pretty off-topic, maybe we should make a thread dedicated to debating which chassis is best for what. :P
    if only we an off topic thread...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    success-kid.jpg
    Either way, I'd be happy to assist you if you need it. Not do it, but you know, assist through skype if necessary.

That case looks so much better than the Define (R3). Jelly.
    Thanks for the offer. I managed to get it done on my own, though. I really tried to do some decent wiring and it looked pretty good for a while, but at the end, all hell broke lose (seeing as my PSU isn't modular etc), and the backside is...chaotic, to say the least. It did start on the first attempt, however, so I'm pleased about that. I am, however, hearing a high pitch noise whenever the computer is in idle, which is annoying and will cause headaches. It's not loud enough to hear all the time, but I do notice the difference whenever I let the computer work and you don't actually have to hear a sound for it to cause headaches. Oh God, I do not want to open it up again...

No pictures, because of the horrible wiring and pics of only the exterior, isn't really interesting.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cusco View Post
    Thanks for the offer. I managed to get it done on my own, though. I really tried to do some decent wiring and it looked pretty good for a while, but at the end, all hell broke lose (seeing as my PSU isn't modular etc), and the backside is...chaotic, to say the least. It did start on the first attempt, however, so I'm pleased about that. I am, however, hearing a high pitch noise whenever the computer is in idle, which is annoying and will cause headaches. It's not loud enough to hear all the time, but I do notice the difference whenever I let the computer work and you don't actually have to hear a sound for it to cause headaches. Oh God, I do not want to open it up again...

No pictures, because of the horrible wiring and pics of only the exterior, isn't really interesting.
    NOPE!!!! It is interesting! Pics or I'LL REPORT YOU FOR NOT POSTING PICS IN A PICS THREAD!!!

You're a camera d00d anyways!
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    NOPE!!!! It is interesting! Pics or I'LL REPORT YOU FOR NOT POSTING PICS IN A PICS THREAD!!!

You're a camera d00d anyways!

Happy?
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Cusco View Post

That heavenly thing known as coil-whine. Lucky you

Ill add mine to the list :d

CPU - i5 3570k
    CPU cooler - Prolimatech Super Mega CPU Cooler
    mobo - gigabyte Z77x-UD5H
    ram - 8gb crucial ballistic 1600
    GPU - kfa2 GTX 680 OC V2
    PSU - 850w ocz
    Case - Coolmaster HAF 912 plus.
    HDD - 2x2TB seagate.

No overclocks here though, im not into that side of things , im quite happy running it all at stock speeds and what not.
    No pics yet ill add them after work.