Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Is DEL even the right key to press on your mobo?

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    You honestly think I don't know when to F'ing hit the button? I'm not born yesterday. All I was saying is it feels like it wasn't registering my clicks before it says "Windows loading". I might not be the fastest button masher in the world but when I've tried multiple restarts and cold starts and I'm not getting in then it's obviously not just my ability to mash buttons that matters.

Both mouse and keyboard is plugged into the USB 2.0 ports for that exact reason Jaymz mentions.

Either way i got in there after 4 cold starts. Can't say I've ever had a problem getting in the UEFI before even when trying from a restart.
    Maybe that keyboard is getting old and the del key is getting worn/shorting out?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Maybe that keyboard is getting old and the del key is getting worn/shorting out?
    It's possible I guess. There is two "Del" keys though so one of them should be fine you'd imagine

Is there some kind of thing that caches the POST results when you simply restart the computer with the Sabertooth? If I have to reboot for whatever reason the "hit del now" picture is only there for about a tenth of a second instead of the 3-4 seconds it is there when I cold coot. Asking because we have the same motherboard

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Is there some kind of thing that caches the POST results when you simply restart the computer with the Sabertooth? If I have to reboot for whatever reason the "hit del now" picture is only there for about a tenth of a second instead of the 3-4 seconds it is there when I cold coot. Asking because we have the same motherboard
    Yeah I'm sure, I only notice the "Sabertooth" logo on cold boots and even then it rarely shows up. We just have to live with having Ûberleet hardware =p

Quote Originally Posted by Notarget View Post
    Yeah I'm sure, I only notice the "Sabertooth" logo on cold boots and even then it rarely shows up. We just have to live with having Ûberleet hardware =p
    Truly the upper end of First World Problems Have you bothered updating to the latest BIOS (1403)?

It's pretty obvious that most people missed this, but:
    a. This has nothing to do with SSDs.
    b. But Asus' Z77 UEFI boots ridiculously fast.

I've had three different computers from Asus from their Z77 lineup (third being another Sabertooth Z77 that I've been techsupporting on for a friend), and only one of them didn't load up faster than I could sneeze (the one I'm techsupporting, which was probably just because the RAM was misbehaving).

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Drunkenvalley/Notarget, mind filming the bootup of your boards? I'm intrigued to see just how long it actually takes to log into Windows from a cold boot.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

hang on, I'll give it a go (got to give that video camera doodad in the phone some work right? )

---------- Post added 2012-08-07 at 01:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Drunkenvalley/Notarget, mind filming the bootup of your boards? I'm intrigued to see just how long it actually takes to log into Windows from a cold boot.
    Give me a minute or two, uploading it right now with my shitty 1Mbit upload

Currently at 75% uploaded. Ugh. Oh well. Hopefully up really soon. I actually forgot to turn on the monitor though before it beeped, realizing this fact only because usually I get picture about same time.

EDIT: Should be viewable now.
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2012-08-06 at 11:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shaky camera!

AND HOLY WTF WIND TURBINES!?!!
    "A flower.

Restart from desktop

Cold boot

Shitty camera work I know.

Shaky camera!

AND HOLY WTF WIND TURBINES!?!!
    Galaxy SII held with one hand. Durp.
    And GTX 680 Lightning you're hearing. Drivers seem to behave oddly with the card's fans.

---------- Post added 2012-08-07 at 12:05 AM ----------

To be more clear, I went downstairs to videotape the machine I'm techsupporting atm. Rather than reboot my own machine.

My PC is quieter than yours/his/whatever!

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    My PC is quieter than yours/his/whatever!

Brb, gonna turn off my computer and cold boot on video.

Can we please stop spamming this thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow Butler, talk about LONG post!

And you should password protect your computer!
    "A flower.

Regardless of sound levels though, rebooting in under 25 seconds is pretty awesome. When I was going through the installations of drivers and whatnot back in April it would reboot to the desktop in 15 seconds!

I could probably shave 3 seconds off the shutdown time by not using skype though.

edit:
    Wow Butler, talk about LONG post!
    Pressed the "on" button about 5 seconds after the video started
    And you should password protect your computer!
    If somebody breaks into the house and gets into my bedroom to take my pc, I have slightly bigger worries than him being able to start the pc.
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2012-08-07 at 12:22 AM.

Deleted
    There you go (password disabled just for the video)