Poll: Dwarf

Quote Originally Posted by lupii View Post
    I have ot say one thing: How is it they can extend one book (The only Lord of the Rings book ive ever read) into three movies, when they were shrinking each of the other books into one move? Are they going to be able to pull it off? Because it seemed to be a fairly short read to me. Call me ignorant but thats my IMO
    You're the fifty-first person to ask that in this thread. There's endless pages of backstory written by Tolkien. Appendices etc...

also new trailer http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=93288

Quote Originally Posted by Garots View Post
    Peter Jackson and Ian McKellen have confirmed officially that "The Hobbit" will be three films, instead of two, to accommodate Toliken's notes at the end of 'Return of the King". So, what do you guys think? I am personally for this, but I know that a lot of people are against it.
    I'd rather they stretch it out into more movies than butcher parts of it completely/remove stuff like they did in the three other LotR movies.

The fact that people are moaning about three movies proves they either haven't read Tolkien's work or are just not fans of it. For me, the more time spent in the Middle-earth universe the better. Heck, make it into twenty movies and I'd be even happier cuz we all know there's plenty of stories to tell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garots View Post
    Peter Jackson and Ian McKellen have confirmed officially that "The Hobbit" will be three films, instead of two, to accommodate Toliken's notes at the end of 'Return of the King". So, what do you guys think? I am personally for this, but I know that a lot of people are against it.
    Oh I didn't know they were using the appendices as the basis for the third film. Was really wondering how they were going to stretch the Hobbit into 3. That's actually kinda cool.

Consider me even more excited. ^_^

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorged View Post
    I think they are going to make legolas have big part in the battle against the necromancer and proberly will appear in the battle of 5 armies but i cant rember if the elves turned up to that atm.
    Battle of five armies: Dwarves fighting to keep smaug's loot after "they" vanquished him, Men of Laketown wanting reparations for the destruction smaug rained on them over the years and in recognition of the fact Bard was the one that actually killed Smaug in the end, the Elves also looking for reparations from the ravages of Smaug from over the years, Orcs with Worgs because hey dragon is dead let's kill people and steal the riches, and the Eagles to help the Dwarves, Elves, and Men fight the Orcs.

At least that is how I recall it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Battle of five armies: Dwarves fighting to keep smaug's loot after "they" vanquished him, Men of Laketown wanting reparations for the destruction smaug rained on them over the years and in recognition of the fact Bard was the one that actually killed Smaug in the end, the Elves also looking for reparations from the ravages of Smaug from over the years, Orcs with Worgs because hey dragon is dead let's kill people and steal the riches, and the Eagles to help the Dwarves, Elves, and Men fight the Orcs.

At least that is how I recall it
    I always thought the 5th army was Bilbo on his own. ^_^

Now I'm going to have to go back and read the book! >.< THANKS ALOT ARLEE!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im sure the goblins of moria also come to the battle of 5 armies but i havent read the book in like 5 years and i dont know were my copy has gone

Quote Originally Posted by Gorged View Post
    Im sure the goblins of moria also come to the battle of 5 armies but i havent read the book in like 5 years and i dont know were my copy has gone
    I don't think the goblins of moria were really there yet. I mean after the events of the Hobbit is when Dain (I think it was Dain?) went to Moria and I "think" they had some period of wealth and good times there before they got wiped out. At least Gimli makes it sound like he had been there when things were good pre-goblins. But yea it has been a long time so I'd have to recheck as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dyra View Post
    I always thought the 5th army was Bilbo on his own. ^_^

Now I'm going to have to go back and read the book! >.< THANKS ALOT ARLEE!
    You say that as if it's a bad thing!

Deleted
    Radagast, Radagast, Radagast need i say more ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I don't think the goblins of moria were really there yet. I mean after the events of the Hobbit is when Dain (I think it was Dain?) went to Moria and I "think" they had some period of wealth and good times there before they got wiped out. At least Gimli makes it sound like he had been there when things were good pre-goblins. But yea it has been a long time so I'd have to recheck as well.
    Balin goes to Moria. They were just beging to colonize it when they fell on the Balrog and the Orcs who were already there. Dain becomes the King under the Mountain after the death of Thorin. I also doubt the orcs from Moria were in the Battle of Five Armies. Moria is rather far from Erebor.

---------- Post added 2012-08-06 at 10:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by akamurdoch View Post
    Radagast, Radagast, Radagast need i say more ?
    Radagast who?

Sorry, that was too easy...

Only orcs from Misty Mountains were in the Battle of Five Armies, Gandalf later states that three quarters of orc warriors from Misty Mountains and Gundabad were slain that day, which proved as huge advantage later during war with Sauron (to be precise, orcs of Moria and Misty Mountains are one the same, they were ruled by Azog during War of Orcs and Dwarves, later by his son Bolg). And orcs in Moria were in no shape to mount an offensive/attack with their brethren in Misty Mountains, their numbers were severely depleted during last battle of orcish-dwarven war, when Dain slew Azog.
    During War of the Ring, MM orcs were able to just hold Moria, and several of the mountain passes, that's why Fellowship was able to pass relatively unscathed to Lothlorien.

The 5 armies: Wargs, Goblins, Dwarves, Elves, and Men.

Wargs and Goblins were allies and the wargs just suffered the goblins in letting them ride atop them.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    Balin goes to Moria. They were just beging to colonize it when they fell on the Balrog and the Orcs who were already there. Dain becomes the King under the Mountain after the death of Thorin. I also doubt the orcs from Moria were in the Battle of Five Armies. Moria is rather far from Erebor.
    Ah that's right thanks.. like I said it's been awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    The 5 armies: Wargs, Goblins, Dwarves, Elves, and Men.

Wargs and Goblins were allies and the wargs just suffered the goblins in letting them ride atop them.
    That's a bit of contention. Your way completely forgets that it was the Eagles showing up and fighting is what turned the tide of battle in against the Wargs and Goblins, which at the very least means they should be counted as an Army. The more accepted philosophy is that the Wargs and Goblins showed up together and were fighting together to start with as one army, while the Men, Dwarves, and Elves were originally planning to fight a 3 way battle. It was Wargs & Goblins, Men, Dwarves, Elves, and Eagles.

10+ Year Old Account
    About the three movie thing, I have no problem with it.

Just look at the average TV series or anime. Game of Thrones for example is 10 hours for the first book and even then it cuts down or squeezes together various things. The Hobbit has many different aspects of it you just can't cut out or else it the movie will be missing a lot. Three films (which I doubt will all be 3 hours long each like LotR, more like 2 hours each unless I missed something) could barely put everything in from the books no matter how small it is.

Just look at it as a movie retelling of a story not in a condensed form. If you don't want to watch it then don't watch it. If you think the first is boring and too long, then don't continue watching it. I just know me and others will watch the movie series and love it no matter how long they make it.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=94283

I'm so excited!

---------- Post added 2012-09-02 at 05:42 AM ----------

The Desolation of Smaug is the title of the second film now.

There and Back Again is the third.

[Films] The Hobbit, new trailer!

HAI U! Didn't see a thread for this, and, well, being the good Samaritan that I am, I want to share this with you: Enjoy

15+ Year Old Account
    New trailer looks great. I really cant wait to see this film

http://www.thehobbit.com/index.html

Alternate endings for the trailer.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

The only problem I had with Lord of the rings is how it ended... Sauron should have at least appeard to try to take over the ring or something like that.... I'll watch hobbit for the lolz but it won't be the same knowing that it all ends in utter crap for me ;/

The book was amazing and I can see why it's considered a true classic. Hopefully the movie follows it fairly close. I can't wait either.