What do you guys think about the women ref?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChipperJones View Post
    What do you guys think about the women ref?
    If she does her job super, if not fire her ass. The sex of an official doesn't matter in the slightest too me, I'd just appreciate it if they would make the correct calls. Shes also a temporary PR solution since there is no way the NFL is getting to the regular season with replacement refs unless they want it to just be horribly officiated.

Richardson is probably going to miss the first preseason game for the Browns. His knee injury which has been bothering him for a long time is, shockingly, still bothering him. By the way, when your high first round RB pick is already suffering from knee woes it is just a great sign. Only the Browns folks. You can get equal RB production from a sixth round nobody as you can a top 5 pick in the modern NFL but nah the Browns took one who has at least some knee questions despite having more holes to fill than a (insert clever hole filled object here).

Note: I am super anti-Richardson/Alabama in general. They have gotten away with more shady booster shit than anyone in the country(well except Miami). Ohio State gets busted for some kids trading signed merchandise for tats (and weed) but Alabama has Richardson owning several brand new cars despite his family being completely broke. His mom moves from Florida to Alabama where she lives in a house owned by a booster's real estate company.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-08-08 at 06:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought I had HBO but I guess not...

I assume I didn't miss anything on hard knocks though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Fucking sweet you guys. Louis Delmas apparently had knee surgery today. So now the Lions have lost their only good secondary player for some period of time. Surgery was to help him recover from "knee soreness" but they didn't give a timetable for return.
    Wow that's really bad news. I think the Lions are going to struggle greatly this coming season, sadly

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Werrezer View Post
    Wow that's really bad news. I think the Lions are going to struggle greatly this coming season, sadly
    Their going to be exactly like the Pats and Packers last year, able to score seemingly at will, but completely unable to stop anyone's passing game. Their literal only hope on defense is their ridiculously great defensive line. Behind them, yikes. If they aren't getting to the QB often it could be brutal. Its going to come down to if they can just outscore people more than likely.

At least until the Madden jinx breaks Mehatron's leg, then its season over.

---------- Post added 2012-08-09 at 11:02 AM ----------

Trent Richardson of the Browns is having minor knee surgery today. So, carries as a professional: 0 knee surgeries as a professional: 1

10+ Year Old Account
    well the good news is they also gave up 2000 yards rushing last year, so if teams can run at will against them they'll have less incentive to exploit the secondary

10+ Year Old Account
    Ryan Fitzpatrick is backing up Vince Young in Buffalo? Are they crazy?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Ryan Fitzpatrick is backing up Vince Young in Buffalo? Are they crazy?
    Wait, what?! That can't be right unless it is just for tonight. Rumor was two days ago they were cutting him.

---------- Post added 2012-08-09 at 05:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Oh no a meaningless fine lol. That acclimation period rule is straight stupid anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, what?! That can't be right unless it is just for tonight. Rumor was two days ago they were cutting him.
    Maybe it is. I hope so, otherwise I feel sorry for Buffalo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh no a meaningless fine lol. That acclimation period rule is straight stupid anyways.
    I'm just slightly irked its over T.O.

I don't like him, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    Sounds like bitter Cowboys fans still mad at TO to me. Who cares if he practiced with pads or not. NFL is rediculous

Anyways Im slightly looking forward to my Bears playing Peytons Broncos tonight even though its the preseason. It should be entertaining for at least 15 minutes

10+ Year Old Account
    looks like Fitz is starting to me

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha, euro bro's interested in football, I have good news for you. I just signed up for NFL Game pass, that let's me see all pre-season and seasonal games for absolutely free, no strings attached! In the signup thing it was made pretty damn obvious you can't get the free pass if you are in the U.S. territories and some related countries. But I got it free, watching in glorious quality right now, instead of having to hunt bad streams on dodgy websites. LOVING IT!

I got there through NFL.com so you should be able to find you way to the offer there, most likely through the Game Pass tab they have on the top of the site. (I got there through clicking on a "watch live" link on the Patriots pages, but should not be only there )

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like Thigpen is backing up Fitzpatrick, I haven't even seen VY yet. ESPN fails me.

These replacement refs are just short of incompetent. Calling a touchback on a punt that didn't ever get inside the 5, not calling multiple interference/holding calls on the defense. Really terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Ha, euro bro's interested in football, I have good news for you. I just signed up for NFL Game pass, that let's me see all pre-season and seasonal games for absolutely free, no strings attached! In the signup thing it was made pretty damn obvious you can't get the free pass if you are in the U.S. territories and some related countries. But I got it free, watching in glorious quality right now, instead of having to hunt bad streams on dodgy websites. LOVING IT!

I got there through NFL.com so you should be able to find you way to the offer there, most likely through the Game Pass tab they have on the top of the site. (I got there through clicking on a "watch live" link on the Patriots pages, but should not be only there )
    I got it for free for the season, not pre-season.

Just had to complain to directv when they refused to fix our satellite dish without a fee. Apparently throwing around the comcast word gets you free stuff lol.

---------- Post added 2012-08-09 at 05:33 PM ----------

So many injuries already.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Looks like Thigpen is backing up Fitzpatrick, I haven't even seen VY yet. ESPN fails me.

These replacement refs are just short of incompetent. Calling a touchback on a punt that didn't ever get inside the 5, not calling multiple interference/holding calls on the defense. Really terrible.
    I was just reading through Twitter looking for Dwight Howard news and Peter King was going absolutely nuts about how incompetent the refs are in that game. Between that call and something that happened to Stevie Johnson, along with general terribleness, they have been bad. I've been watching the Green Bay game and flipping back to the NFL Network's show where they go to each game and man they have just been bad across the league especially with phantom holding calls.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought that leaving your feet on a TD when there was no reason to was grounds for an automatic unsportsmanlike but they didn't give one, ofc I stopped watching as soon as I saw Grossman so I've got no idea what silly calls have happened since, or in other games

15+ Year Old Account
    Good to see Green Bay's secondary is still fucking awful. Maybe the Lions can actually beat them this year for the first time in god knows how long overall and 20 years now in Green Bay. Then again, who the fuck am I kidding. The Lions couldn't beat Green bay in Green Bay last year with their back up QB starting and they ended up getting him a fat contract with the Hawks based on that performance alone.

---------- Post added 2012-08-09 at 09:31 PM ----------

The ref in the Baltimore/Atlanta game keeps calling them Arizona lol. Replacement refs are the best. Speaking of which, according to a story on Yahoo one of the replacement refs who is a line judge tonight was fired from his former job as a teacher for sending his co-workers threatening and racist letters. Another ref was part of the legendarily bad 2010 PAC 10 officiating crew that screwed up the USC/Stanford game so badly that he was targeted by the head of PAC10 officiating and fired for his terrible performance throughout that year and especially in that game.
    Last edited by conscript; 2012-08-10 at 01:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ref in the Baltimore/Atlanta game keeps calling them Arizona lol. Replacement refs are the best. Speaking of which, according to a story on Yahoo one of the replacement refs who is a line judge tonight was fired from his former job as a teacher for sending his co-workers threatening and racist letters. Another ref was part of the legendarily bad 2010 PAC 10 officiating crew that screwed up the USC/Stanford game so badly that he was targeted by the head of PAC10 officiating and fired for his terrible performance throughout that year and especially in that game.
    This year is going to be great....