10+ Year Old Account

[Bio] Joshua (WiP)

*Note; this was written while I was supposed to still be sleeping, so expect typo's, brievety and incoherence. Please point out anything too major.

Name: Joshua, refers to himself as Josh
    Race: Undead
    Class: Rogue, Assassin.

Languages: Gutterspeak, Orcish, Troll, Taurahe, Common and Dwarfish.

Faction: None, is usually under Forsaken banner, but doesn't see himself as such.

Personality: He is quick to react, positively or negatively. He rarely changes his mind once he decided something, this goes for both opinions about people and strategies in combat. He is quite a snob, one of the few things he remembers from life is his large amounts of money. He never says no to a challenge, be it a competition or a mission.

Likes: Money. Lots of money. Stealth. Challenges, his motto is "If you can't be the best, why bother?". Singing every once in a while.

Dislikes: Hand to hand combat. Snakes, he has a phobia of snakes. Dying. Another thing he dislikes is elves, mostly because he still sees them as immortal, and he hates the thought of dying. Gnomes are quite high up there aswell.

Appearance: Shoulder length black hair. When he's not on a mission he's wearing it in a pony tail, with one strand of hair on either side of his face. When on a mission, he lets it flow (Or flow as much as is possible underneath a tight mask). He has yellow-greenish eyes.

He has multiple sets of clothing, each fit for combat in a different environment, the only difference between them is color.
    He has a bandana in the usual Rogue way, over mouth and nose, and then another one over his hair, leaving only his eyes and a small strand of hair out. He wears no shoulder pads, but has a leather tunic stopping at his shoulders, meaning he has better mobility in his arms. He has a shirt with long sleeves underneath. He wears gloves, with holes for the fingers just above the first joint on each finger. He wears a belt with possibly too many sheathes on it, there's a sheathe for his sword, his 2 daggers and then multiple throwing knifes. His leggings are made of leather, with the back of the knee purposly cut out and replaces with strands of silk in the same color. Shoes are made of leather, with small spikes underneath for better footing.

Strengths/Weaknesses: He is very good at stealth, and relies on stealth possibly a little too much during combat. He is worse at hand to hand combat, and often have to rely on using the enemies weaknesses against them if it comes to this. He is good at parkour, this is mostly for getting around to an assassination easier. He knows about 3 different martial arts well enough to earn a black belt.

History: ((I'll have to get around to this one. Thinking about having him be Elizabeth Gore's little brother))

Please note this is still very much a WiP and anything can be changed if I'm not happy with the result.

Joshua was born into a wealthy Gilnean family just 15 months after his sister, Elizabeth. Unlike his sister, he did well in his studies but loathed every moment he was in school. Joshua had very few friends during his childhood, but didn't mind this and he prefered spending his time alone, training in various arts of combat. At age 7 he started his first martial arts class, a year after starting his studies (he started at about the same time as his sister). After a year, he already shamed most of the others he trained with, and started other fighting styles, which left his hands free to do other things (mainly armed combat). At age 18 he joined the Gilnean army, and because of his families large pile of money, he skipped the years being in the infantry, this was also partly due to his excellent tactical knowledge he had developed.

After a couple of years in the army, he had his own battalion of hand-picked individuals, which involved about 20 assassins, 30 archers, 35 footsoldiers and 15 riders. It was a relativly small army, but it was highly trained individuals. As soon as the news of the scourge reached Gilneas, he wanted to go out and fight it, his young mind made him think he had a chance, needless to say, he did not. His small army was crushed beneath the massive amounts of ghouls the scourge army had, even if each of his men had killed 20 ghouls, it would've barely made a dent in their numbers. Josh was raised shortly after, as a tactitioneer for the scourge, and played a part in the success of the attack on Dalaran.

When the Lich King lost sway over Sylvannas, so did he over Joshua, who by this time had lost memory of his past entirely. He has spent his life in undeath trying to find out who he was before the scourge got a hold of him. The only thing he has successfully found out about his past have been his first name. He uses no surname out of respect for his (he presumes) long dead family.
    Last edited by Temp name; 2012-08-18 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Class: Rouge, Assassin.
    From someone who played a Rogue for too many years now, please fix this. I'll delete this post later to keep the thread clean, but please fix that.

-Undead Rogue
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xxf2dxx View Post
    From someone who played a Rogue for too many years now, please fix this. I'll delete this post later to keep the thread clean, but please fix that.

-Undead Rogue
    Tiredness tends to do that to me. I also tend to mispell weird.

"He is bad at hand to hand combat"
    "He knows about 3 different martial arts well enough to earn a black belt"

I think there is an inconsistency there...

Quote Originally Posted by dangelo37 View Post

he may be using feet only though.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    The pre-WotLK Mind Flay animation. 2nd biggest reason for rolling a Priest, biggest obviously being Shadowform. Anyone who uses Glyph of Shadow should reroll Hunter, filthy blasphemers.

Seems like kind of a stretch. I'm sure the circle he runs in would pick up that kind of inconsistency much faster than I did. Now if he were to add in the bit about 'feet only' (as little sense as that would make) I would go with it because it's his world.
    I've played a few tabletop RPGs before and the story of each character was almost more fun than the actual fighting/action so I know it's important to OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dangelo37 View Post

He is mainly using legs, but yeah, that is something I should've picked up.

All good Mehm. Just remember, we're even now, and you can't make fun of me for making silly mistakes anymore, okay? Even if they are more consistent than yours. xP
    Pyromaniac protégé.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xMexyragosX View Post
    All good Mehm. Just remember, we're even now, and you can't make fun of me for making silly mistakes anymore, okay? Even if they are more consistent than yours. xP
    I can and I will

aw. fiiiine . . . only because you make them way less than I do xP
    Pyromaniac protégé.