Thread: Gear stats

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lusitan View Post
    did any of you guys here discussion actually bothered reading the topic made on guru, before commenting here.

Read it first, you might learn something
    Oh, please do enlighten us. What is it that we should learn seeing as how you're implying that the replies in this thread are wrong?

im not implying anything, reading comprehension is skill most should have learnt in school

10+ Year Old Account
    im not implying anything, reading comprehension is skill most should have learnt in school
    If you're talking about the OP, I think he was just looking for a second opinion on the matter.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Not quite sure what you mean. OP asked if his original understanding that there was no gear grind and that all level 80 gear was the same was incorrect.
    All the replies said yes, this is not the case and there is gear progression to a point.

The linked thread is interesting...but he wasn't really expounding upon anything...just asking for clarification.

Also......they do teach reading comprehension in schools. Maybe you should check if they also teach manners.

u must be a real snowflake if you got offended

Well the exotic gear at level 80 is your power plateau. So it isn't new information here. However, reading through that thread it is a bit disconcerting on the amount of dungeon runs you would have to do in order to get a full set. I always under the impression that they didn't want the game to become a grind. Well 45-50 dungeon runs sounds like a grind to me.

But, as someone pointed out in that thread, the loot tables aren't finished yet so everything could be changed and different for the release.
    Last edited by Valeron; 2012-08-09 at 12:13 PM.

Can someone link to color ledgends of for items rarity? I heard green is better than blue or something?
    "Bill Nye: So Todd I got an offer for you. You and me. Any time. Any place. Debating science mano- a-mano. I'll bring the facts, and you bring the Vaseline. Because your ass is gonna fucking need it when I'm done whipping."

Mr Eames: "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Well it is in that guru link that the op posted but here you go

Junk = Gray
    Common = White
    Fine = Blue
    Masterwork = Green
    Rare = Yellow
    Exotic = Orange
    Legendary = Purple

Junk Gray
    Basic White
    Fine Blue
    Masterwork Green
    Rare Yellow
    Exotic Orange
    Legendary Red
    Mystic Purple

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Item for the link

Someone mentioned that they took out red as one of the color indicators for gear. So Legendary is purple according to them (they said a developer confirmed that).

You might be right last I heard from a dev in game from BW3 purple was for the transmutation stones or something along those lines. Things can still change up into live and maybe after.

Yes, there is gear progression. It's just not as ridiculous as other games. ie. in WoW, Legendary items are ridiculously overpowered and it takes 10-25 people a few months to get 1 for 1 person. In GW2, the gear does plateau, but the idea of being able to acquire exotic gear from crafting/dungeons/etc. exists, so there isn't just ONE outlet for the best gear (ie. raiding). Not only that, Legendary gear is on the same level as exotic, whereas it looks awesome (per devs). As others have said, it can take a long time to get a full set of exotic dungeon gear (if you want a set for the looks or prestige of having it), but there are other outlets in acquiring good gear.

People love choices and the ability to make them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well the exotic gear at level 80 is your power plateau. So it isn't new information here. However, reading through that thread it is a bit disconcerting on the amount of dungeon runs you would have to do in order to get a full set. I always under the impression that they didn't want the game to become a grind. Well 45-50 dungeon runs sounds like a grind to me.

But, as someone pointed out in that thread, the loot tables aren't finished yet so everything could be changed and different for the release.
    you also have to factor in crafting plus karma gear, also these are the explorable dungeon sets, I was under the impression these were the sets to grind for from the very beginning.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Quote Originally Posted by Newbryn View Post
    you also have to factor in crafting plus karma gear, also these are the explorable dungeon sets, I was under the impression these were the sets to grind for from the very beginning.
    Yeah, it was early when I posted, wasn't thinking too clearly. There will definitely be easier ways of getting gear with the same level of stats. The dungeon runs are for the prestige gear. I still think the amount needed is excessive though.

You can get the best set of gear from doing all sorts of things, not just running dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Yeah, it was early when I posted, wasn't thinking too clearly. There will definitely be easier ways of getting gear with the same level of stats. The dungeon runs are for the prestige gear. I still think the amount needed is excessive though.
    Nah, its a good way to keep the carrot chasers interested,to the very last part of your quote.
    Claymore is Epic again, eat it priscilla fanboys.

Alrighty, well I have a question.

So we've all figured out that gear does plateau at 80 But does gear really matter? I mean will it make or break your character if you do not have the best for your level? Or is it just kinda a bonus to make things some what easier?

and what about the way they've set up the game world and DE's? If you were to be lvl 80 and run to a lvl 1 area you would have your level and stats lowered to "lvl 1" And the reason being is so it's not faceroll everything. So you can play with your newb friends without destroying there experience and what not. Which is all well and good because that way all content is always relevant to everyone right? So my question is... What does this mean for the gear? Will it be downgraded to the highest "rank" of gear available at that level stat wise? Because i mean.. a lvl 80 (downgraded to lvl 1) character with a full set lvl 80 exotic is going to one shot everything with auto attack because of the stat's that gear contributes which shoots the concept "all content is relevant to everyone" all to shit. So how exactly is that handled?

Gear gets scaled down aswell.

Deleted
    Gear will be scaled down to level 1 gear and gear stats only break your game if you trying to run explorable dungeons but i think still can be done but abit harder other than that stats really don't matter that much.

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Gear gets scaled down aswell.
    That's what I figured. Does anyone know how that works exactly? Like according to the link in the OP it say's that the highest "tier" of gear available for say.. a lvl 8 area is "fine" aka blue. So your gear would scale down to the max tier of gear available in that "level zone" so to speak. Even if you had exotic gear, right? So if i stroll into a lvl 8 zone at lvl 80 since the highest tier is blue's. My gear would be scaled down to be blues. Correct? Because that just seem's.... logical.

I guess another question would be. Let's say I get a green rarity... idk.. chest at lvl 40 or something and then I get 10 more levels. Would the stat's on that green item "level with me"/the area im in. Or would it just get to the point I had to replace it with something new? I mean sure you're going to have a more difficult time in a lvl 80 zone decked out in green's or what have you, but you would technically never really "need" to upgrade right? I would assume if your gear scales down to match the zone you're in, your gear would also scale up if you were in a higher level area and i believe I read that as well. There for a green is always going to have a green item's stat's even if you get it when you're lvl 30.. right?

I'm just clarifying is all. I read one thing, and then I read the link in the OP and it just confused me, not because I didn't get it but because there was so much.... conflicting information as to what i'd already been told. So apologies for asking.