Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Been trying her. It's quite a bit of fun, but can't imagine taking her out for a spin when I could just grab Trundle, Shyvana or Nocturne.

It's nice to have the option for another AP jungler though. Can probably be pretty decent in specific team comps. I would hope for a few buffs/fixes before I can see her being completely viable.

---------- Post added 2012-08-10 at 11:30 AM ----------

Addendum: How do you build her btw?

So far, this is what I've been thinking about:

AS Red
    AP (flat) Blue + Quints
    Armour Yellow

9/12/9 Masteries

Start boots + pots
    Pick up Philostone + Kage's asap, possibly add a Doran's Ring if I can afford one at an opportune time.
    First major item Rylai's.
    Upgrade to MPen boots
    !! Add Abyssal Sceptre + Add Haunting Guise !!

I am still in doubt about the remainder of the game. I can see Zhonya's being nice on her. Lichbane is great. Nashor's gives CDR and some mana regen + AP, which are great stats for her. Just the AP is slightly lower than it could be on other choices.

Let me explain my reasoning for the MPen + Sceptre + Guise combo:
    1) You're melee range
    2) You're squishy

Combined, the three items essentially let you deal true damage to the majority of the champions (by removing 60 MR from them) by that time. Guise also gives you a bit of bulk.

If you have the money to spend, later game you can drop it for a Voidstaff and/or Deathcap.
    Last edited by Duilliath; 2012-08-10 at 09:31 AM.

Deleted
    Then I got to learn how to avoid it xD Maybe moving like crazy around. Thanks

Nashor's Tooth seems to be a really good item on her. Her passive (with AP) just does so much damage.

The last game I played I built NT, Lichbane, and Deathcap. I was exploding carries before they could do anything. Just land a Q, activate W, R in and they were dead or so close they were forced to flash, which I just R'd again and killed them.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Addendum: How do you build her btw?

So far, this is what I've been thinking about:

AS Red
    AP (flat) Blue + Quints
    Armour Yellow

9/12/9 Masteries

Start boots + pots
    Pick up Philostone + Kage's asap, possibly add a Doran's Ring if I can afford one at an opportune time.
    So far I am pretty happy with ap bruiser build. Strangely I had opportunity to jungle only once, most games I got midlane.
    Anyway 21/9/0 did fine for her in jungle, with AS reds, AP quints, armor yellow, mres blues (I don't have AP blues). I rushed Glacial and had no troubles in the jungle afterwards.
    In mid I rushed Chalice, then Abyssal. Then I built Rabaddons or Athenes, whatever suited me most at the moment. I don't feel like building Rylais on her at all. Either I poked with Q, or when I saw an opportunity just QRWR someone quickly and get out. I was considering Guise, but never got it.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...

Quote Originally Posted by Geist19 View Post
    Nashor's Tooth seems to be a really good item on her. Her passive (with AP) just does so much damage.

The last game I played I built NT, Lichbane, and Deathcap. I was exploding carries before they could do anything. Just land a Q, activate W, R in and they were dead or so close they were forced to flash, which I just R'd again and killed them.
    Yeah, some people in this thread have said if you want to build AS and AP, to do so separately. But, when I tried it, I just don't get the same damage and clear speed than if I start off with Nashor's. Kinda weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    I iz sad. I bought Diana when she was released hoping to play her in the jungle, every game thus far ( 20 ), my team has asked me to play my Veigar mid so we dont lose =/ I still havent managed to play one game with her =(

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    I iz sad. I bought Diana when she was released hoping to play her in the jungle, every game thus far ( 20 ), my team has asked me to play my Veigar mid so we dont lose =/ I still havent managed to play one game with her =(
    If it makes you feel better, she is also a very good midlane champ, regardless of what others say, so go with that too if you don't get a chance to jungle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Loving Diana, making her my new Main.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't.

She's a lot of fun to play, but she snowballs ridiculously hard either way. If you get ahead, you'll obliterate stuff. If you fall behind it's damn hard to catch up.

Isn't that how all assassins work, though?

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    So far I am pretty happy with ap bruiser build. Strangely I had opportunity to jungle only once, most games I got midlane.
    Anyway 21/9/0 did fine for her in jungle, with AS reds, AP quints, armor yellow, mres blues (I don't have AP blues). I rushed Glacial and had no troubles in the jungle afterwards.
    In mid I rushed Chalice, then Abyssal. Then I built Rabaddons or Athenes, whatever suited me most at the moment. I don't feel like building Rylais on her at all. Either I poked with Q, or when I saw an opportunity just QRWR someone quickly and get out. I was considering Guise, but never got it.
    I prefer going ap bruiser as well, though I skip Rylais entirely, I feel it's too expensive out of the jungle. I've been using 21/0/9, since if you have any semblance of a leash you dont take too much damage anyway, and with the same runes as you except with ap/lvl blues. I don't rush glacial unless their ad damage is getting fed, otherwise I go chalice into abyssal into glacial, and then either finish athene's or frozen hearth. I'm not a big fan of gp10 on her, since if you get chalice you don't need the mana sustain from philo, I don't usually build randuin's, and athene's+FH+masteries caps cdr so I skip DFG entirely. It feels pretty smooth, and makes you really tanky while keeping the ability to blow squishies up. I'm still a bit undecided on final items, I toyed around with lich bane and deathcap/zhonyas, but I'm still not too sure how I feel about them. I do feel GA is a good 5th/6th item though.

Also, has anyone tried counterjungling with her? She clears ridiculously fast and has high base movement speed, maybe with movement speed quints to compensate for the lack of escapes she can go shyv style counterjungling?
    Last edited by Trekky; 2012-08-12 at 05:22 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you value your life, be somewhere else
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekky View Post
    Also, has anyone tried counterjungling with her? She clears ridiculously fast and has high base movement speed, maybe with movement speed quints to compensate for the lack of escapes she can go shyv style counterjungling?
    Shyvana has a great movespeed boost from W, and a great escape with R. Diana caught in the enemy jungle is pretty much dead.
    In Soviet Russia banks rob you! Oh, wait a second...