Page 19 of 63 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    When you guys are running things through simcraft, do you change the rotation in the script? Some of the heat requirements for the skills seems weird, and it also includes fusion missiles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep the scripts as is. Make sure Fusion Missile is lined up with TSO otherwise the rotation is going to completely mess up your "DPS".

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    Keep the scripts as is. Make sure Fusion Missile is lined up with TSO otherwise the rotation is going to completely mess up your "DPS".
    Weren't you saying awhile back it was still a DPS loss to use Fusion Missle on single target even with TSO? Has something changed, or am I just remembering wrong and it was someone else saying that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Weren't you saying awhile back it was still a DPS loss to use Fusion Missle on single target even with TSO? Has something changed, or am I just remembering wrong and it was someone else saying that?
    I'm referring to the Sim. If you don't understand what you're doing with a simulator, the best bet is to not mess with its core functions or else your results will be dramatically off.

But yes, that was me who said do not use Fusion Missile (the original comments are on the first page I believe). The reason behind it was that it just did not do enough damage, especially with the HSM bug that lasted for quite a while. It was more beneficial to use TSO with HSM since HSM was doing 14K+ on crits in a 16man environment.

However, times have changed. My guide has an updated version of what to use based on your current heat level (thanks to one of our members).
    Last edited by Forsedar; 2012-08-10 at 05:50 PM. Reason: fixed a word

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    But yes, that was me who said do not use Fusion Missile (the original comments are on the first page I believe). The reason behind it was that it just did not do enough damage, especially with the HSM bug that lasted for quite a while. It was more beneficial to use TSO with HSM since HSM was doing 14K+ on crits in a 16man environment.

However, times have changed. My guide has an updated version of what to use based on your current heat level (thanks to one of our members).
    Ahh gotcha, so depending on heat it is worth using Fusion Missile single target...good to know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    Ahh gotcha, so depending on heat it is worth using Fusion Missile single target...good to know.
    Sorry I was on vacation!

But yes definitely.

10+ Year Old Account
    New changes coming to Mercenaries and Commandos!

-
    • Mercenaries and Commandos now have a 30-meter interrupt, Disabling Shot. This ability interrupts the target's current action and prevents that ability from being used for the next 4 seconds. This ability can be trained at level 18.
    • Afterburners/Concussive Force: Rocket Punch/Stockstrike now immobilizes the target for 4 seconds instead of knocking it back. Damage caused after 2 seconds ends the effect. The knockback previously caused by this skill generated enough Resolve that it was actually detrimental to the Mercenary/Commando’s ability to further escape the attacker.
    • Tracer Lock/Charged Barrel: Now each stack additionally reduces the activation time of your next Healing Scan/Advanced Medical Probe by 20% per stack.
    • Kolto Residue: Now additionally snares enemies struck by your Kolto Missile/Kolto Bomb by 50% for 3 seconds.
    • New Bodyguard/Combat Medic skill, Peacekeeper/Frontline Medic: While protected by your own Kolto Shell/Trauma Probe, firing Rapid Shots/Hammer Shot at an enemy triggers your Kolto Shell/Trauma Probe to heal you on a separate 3-second rate limit.

doooood my gunnery manndo will finally have some good survivability and and interrupt too boot i am stoked when does this hit the PTS i wanna play

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a weird patch being implemented tomorrow- so its safe to think that POSSIBLY they're beginning to throw in 1.4 preparation patches. That may mean that the PTS will open up shortly.

Did people ever figure out exactly how much accuracy we need? Some people say 110%, some say 108%...I know it should be around there, but would be nice to see if there was any hard proof/numbers for this. I'm personally running 110%, have a single accuracy augment to push me past the mark.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are talking about Tech Accuracy, then 109% is enough. I currently have 98.89% Ranged and 108.89% Tech. I do not have misses and it seems to be as low as I can go without sacrificing DPS.

The reason I am trying to drop it to the lowest possible amount without misses is so I can make up for those enhancements with Power/Surge.

10+ Year Old Account
    First of all, I love your guide! It has helped me focus more on how to min/max my Merc.

Since I can not link my armory. You can look me up as Selvonya at Ask Mr. Robot. At least until I post a few more time. -.-

Now I do know I still need some more work on gear. Like my pants/boots and switching out a few augments. I would like to switch out my pants/boots with orange gear (I want my sweet look). Which is kinda where I'm stuck. I don't want to lose my 2 tier set bonus either. My raid group does SM EC and have been trying to get back into HM EC. So any advice on gear from here on out would be good.

After reading over your guide, another issue I may have is my rotation. I usually do TM, TM, TM or UL(if proc is up). TSO>PS>FM(usually keep on the 120s CD) back into HSM/RS after the 5 buff. Spam TM til CDs on HSM/RS/UL are up. Now my heat is usually okay and use Vent if needed. I do not have an avg for my dps with MoX, but the highest I have seen is 1200-1300 range. *I maybe off on this*

If there is anything you can do to fine tune my Merc and help push out that much more DPS it is greatly appreciative!

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I can see, there is A LOT that needs changed.

Specifically, all of your augments should be +18 Aim... so replace all of your +18 Surge and Power augments with Aim.

Second: You can drop about 4% Crit to pick up more Power. Your power is extremely low (~550). Make sure you're grabbing the enhancements that give less endurance but more of the secondary stat.

Just to give you an idea of what you're looking for- take a look at my gear list in the guide that shows you which mods and enhancements to have for what piece.

And about your rotation:

Depending on the fight, starting off with a TM x3 and then your free Fusion Missile is fine. After that, use whatever is NOT on cooldown. Don't wait for Barrage procs for Unload. Use Unload whenever it is not on cooldown. The same with Heatseeker Missile and Rail Shot. You will actually maximize your DPS more if you're using everything as soon as they're off cooldown instead of waiting for Barrage to buff your Unload.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    the only mods/enhancements you should be getting are..

Enhancements
    advanced adept enhancement 26 (surge/power)
    advanced initiative enhancement 26 (accuracy/power)
    and on the rare occasion when you are so low on crit and surge... get an advanced battle enhancement 26 (crit/surge)

Mods
    advanced nimble mod 26 (aim/crit)
    advanced agile mod 26 (aim/power)

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly what Sysyx has said. You shouldn't be sticking with stock mods or enhancements since they are not itemized properly.

question i am hearing that you should not go higher than 2k aim i am at 2017 buffed and not sure how to rearange mods here is my mr.robot link some suggestions would be helpful

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...8-6d76f588d94a

10+ Year Old Account
    Who ever told you to not go above 2000 aim is wrong. Of course you don't want to go STRAIGHT aim with Mods, but you can never have too much aim. By mods, I mean the mods that give +41 of the secondary stat are the ones that you use.

has anyone find that perfect amount of power yet? Think im over 900 atm thinking of dropping a little crit for more any suggestions?

942 power, best in slot.

swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/21257f2f-cf47-47ff-9b70-844fee77788c

My armory, would like to see if anyone else has a combination that nets any more power while still keeping the main soft caps in mind. These include getting as close to 100% accuracy, 30% crit unbuffed and 75% surge, going over as opposed to staying under (hence the lone accuracy augment). Only things I could possibly do to get my damage higher would be to get the rest of the cunning datacrons I'm missing.

-Tensa
    Last edited by arahakust; 2012-09-07 at 09:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without ANY buffs, I have:

99.89% Accuracy
    31.17% Crit
    75.82% Surge
    962 Power

I'm well over 1000 power with a stim on.