Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    All right, then I have downloaded for ages I guess.

I'm liking the Diablo changes, elite/champion packs will be less annoying...maybe I'll start playing again

Deleted
    How long did it take between the time you could download 4.0.1 and its release?

4.0.1 was 12th of October 2010, but when were you able to download it?
    Gotta know that, in case it's similar for this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkthunder View Post
    Blizzard are pretty smart with the launch of Mists...

Instead of releasing the expansion at/around the same as a competitors game (Guild Wars 2), they release the expansion aprox. 1 month after. Even if Guild Wars 2 isn't a subscription game, some may think (consciously/unconsciously) that the game HAS a subscription, and will likely "quit" within the first month. Leaving a perfect opportunity to "return" to WoW. Historically, Blizzard also tends to launch the "pre-expansion patch" about a month before the expansion. Which happens to be... around the time of Guild Wars 2 launch. Leaving people to decide either to play the new game, or return to WoW and try out all the new systems, talents etc.

Guild Wars 2 launches on August 28th (preorders on the 25th). Doesn't take a rocket scientist, to assume that 5.0.4 is going live on either the 21st or 28th (22nd/29th for EU).
    The release date for MoP is September 25th, so if the pre-xpac event lasts 2 weeks the earliest date for the patch hitting live would be Sept 11th. (I wonder if that could mean the beta will end around the start of the month...)

Also, unless you have some proof like a piece of a Blizzard memo stating "guild wars 2 oh noes!!!!111!1", you can quit it with all the gw2 conspiracy stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Djouga View Post

I think think it was roughly a week prior to the patch going live. It should be noted that it was the first time you could pre-download the pre-expansion patch before patch day, so I wouldn't read too much into this quite yet.
    Last edited by Alayea; 2012-08-10 at 08:12 PM.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alayea View Post
    I think think it was roughly a week prior to the patch going live. It should be noted that it was the first time you could pre-download the pre-expansion patch before patch day, so I wouldn't read too much into this quite yet.

It all depends if the PTR testing for 5.0.4 is complete so to speak, I'm not following its progress at all because I'm on the beta, and there's no blue post about that besides the maintenance stuff.
    Would appreciate any info on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Djouga View Post

Gotta know that, in case it's similar for this expansion.
    About a month.

16th September 2010 according to google for the background downloader. They give you a lot of time as it's such a big download.

15+ Year Old Account
    so having someone with RAF means they cant grant me levels like before with RAF correct ie monks still gotta grind like the rest

gogo 28th of August !

they can grant you levels, its just SOR that doesnt work ..

Deleted
    Please let there be 5.0 next week... PLEASE OOH GOD!

---------- Post added 2012-08-10 at 08:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Meqq View Post
    they can grant you levels, its just SOR that doesnt work ..
    Which makes absolute sense. Your friend can only grant levels if he/she already has a higher level. And the granted levels are limited. It's not as extreme as the SOR instant lvl 80 with full premade gear and other noteworthy stuff

Quote Originally Posted by dahawk View Post
    so having someone with RAF means they cant grant me levels like before with RAF correct ie monks still gotta grind like the rest
    Yes because having the ability to insta get lvl 60 on a fresh ding if you had RAF levels to grant BEFORE the mop live date im sure wont get abused for realm 1st 's
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

This would explain why I'm suddenly missing 6GB from my hard drive :P

well it appears i will use that $5 key i've had sitting around to RAF myself up a little bit at release.

Mhhh, they will release the trailer at the gamescon (16.08.2012) - so I guess we will see the patch shortly after that, maybe one week later.

As far as I can remember, the cata event lastet around 4-5 weeks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maerad View Post
    Mhhh, they will release the trailer at the gamescon (16.08.2012) - so I guess we will see the patch shortly after that, maybe one week later.

As far as I can remember, the cata event lastet around 4-5 weeks.
    I believe there was an official statement that the pre-event will be available two weeks before MoP Launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, having a problem with the background downloader, I keep getting an "Invalid Torrent File" error. Anyone know of any fixes?

Edit: Took about 5 minutes, but it's working now via the launcher
    Last edited by mjolnir1122; 2012-08-10 at 10:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyandor View Post
    I believe there was an official statement that the pre-event will be available two weeks before MoP Launch.
    Preevent is not the same thing as the patch. Pre-event is Theramore stuff. THe patch 5.0 will probably be deployed earlier, in case something goes wrong. How earlier we do not know.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Preevent is not the same thing as the patch. Pre-event is Theramore stuff. THe patch 5.0 will probably be deployed earlier, in case something goes wrong. How earlier we do not know.
    I agree, I see no reason why Blizzard couldn't release the pre-expansion patch earlier then the "2 week" notice we had regarding the Theramore event. It's not like that can't be turned on at that point. Release 5.0 as soon as possible give players a few extra days of playing with the new talents, glyphs,etc.

Personally, I'm hedging a release on the 21st of August... Blizzard will like want everyone to have a "taste" so to speak of MOP to hedge off GW2 a week later. But who knows...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyandor View Post
    No, there wasn't. That is player speculation. Patch 5.0 will most like be released before that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The pre-event being two weeks before MoP launch is player speculation?! Um, no, Blizz said so. I believe it was either right after Mists of Pandaria was announced.

Whether they will stick to that schedule, that is speculative. But the timeframe was originally stated by blues.