Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I won't be myself.

It's about experiencing the game as a hole. There isn't any reason to try and get maxed out within the first week or so. Enjoy the leveling experience with ease without having to worry about max level.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    Probably not. I will most likely buy character slots.

I also have Team Fortress 2 engraved into my brain since it's my second most played game after WoW, so I'll be sinking quite a lot of money into Black Lion Keys because I freakin' love opening chests.

I also may buy some of those repair canisters because I am absolutely obsessed with repairing my gear at every possible moment and if I sink some real money into repairing my gear, I might be able to convince myself to save repairing until my gear is severely damaged. That's just a personal thing to beat the 'I'm near a vendor that repairs anyway so I might as well' thing out of my head that I picked up from WoW since armour repair vendors are few and far between out in GW2 and very common in WoW.
    Just so you know, I'm pretty sure the only things you get out of chests are some boosts. Didn't want you to think there was a good chance of getting hats or something :P

I wonder how fast Anet will fix an exploit/abuse Ive found for pts "boosts" lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I beleive food boons got changed on BWE3, someone stated on reddit that foods are giving exp bonuses right now, so cooking might be even more interesting than before !

I think the only time I would be interested in XP boosts would be at max level. You still gain XP towards getting more skill points, which are needed in bulk to make legendaries, so the boosts could reduce the grind if you use them on dungeon runs at level 80.
    [quote author=ðεrfεℓ † καðαrηε link=topic=158876.msg2123362#msg2123362 date=1265649724]
    And who are you?
    Â A two-feet-tall midget dual wielding 5ft long two-handed swords?
    Â Or a blue-skinned half-squid-half-goat uncorrupted demon of light from outer space who is a wild shaman?
    Â Or are you a killed, then raised, then liberated, then killed, then raised, then liberated again human whose eyes used to glow not, then glow yellow, and now glow blue (I'm not even talking of your spine portruding through your skin, your armor and your cloak)(and the ability to speak without lower jaw)?
    Â Or are you an elf who can turn into a cat, bear, seal, cheetah, eagle and tree, but still has to use ground mounts which you magically conjure from thin air? [/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    Nope, looking forward to taking my time with levelling and everything.

I'm going in to the whole thing blind too, only played a little on the Beta, trying to see what class I like the look of, still haven't even picked a class.
    I'm completely blind , I haven't played at all yet .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    I wonder how fast Anet will fix an exploit/abuse Ive found for pts "boosts" lol.
    Feel free to elaborate!

Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    Feel free to elaborate!
    I think he wants us to think he's special and we're supposed to guess.

Nope, I'm confident that exploring and doing stuff will get me there on it's own, no need for a boost for my leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    Feel free to elaborate!
    There is a way to get pts super fast. For obvious reasons wont release it to public and just have Anet fix it.

it drops like candy from a candy bag from chests. so why buy? got 1 from dynamic event boss and doing daily achievements.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    There is a way to get pts super fast. For obvious reasons wont release it to public and just have Anet fix it.
    My inbox is open if you change your mind.

Deleted
    No. /10char

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveaux View Post
    No. /10char
    Dat avatar

No, but I'll try to play with sharpening stones or whatever they are called, the stones you can make from blacksmithing that boost exp from kills and a stat.

Nope not buying any , i may even sell the ones i find , am planning to enjoy this game to the fullest with the slowest pace possible no need to rush at all

gonna buy char slots tho and maybe bank slots

Nah.. definitely not with my first character but maybe down the road I guess

xp/karma boosts don't seem worth it at all, I mean for 1 boost its like 150, for a key its 125, with a chest you can get keys, dyes, boosts, and pots. I did read about a power leveling method in which you go into WvW and you use the Killstreak booster and you level insanely fast, but you have to do it under the right conditions.

If anything I'll probably buy some gems and use them on outfits and maybe bank tabs and bag slots.

No, I'll buy some nice outfits though. I want the pirate one. Also, character slots, and maaaaybe dye.

10+ Year Old Account
    wonder if anyone has mentioned the xp boosts can be used at lvl 80 to earn skill points for legendaries
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass