Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by gismo7354 View Post
    I consider myself weak and I can do 40lbs over my body weight (I weigh 155lbs). My workout partner weighs 160lbs and can bench 225lbs.

There are two ladies in my gym who I've seen do 155lbs and one lady do 185lbs. These are small ladies (5'4 to 5'6) probably weighing 115lbs or 120lbs and they don't look muscular. They just have really good form and control with the proper training.
    Really? You consider yourself weak? Seems like the girl who is beautiful and everyone else thinks is beautiful but she thinks she's too fat.

No I cannot lift my own bodyweight...That would be 120 kgs for me.. I do mostly cardio anyway.

ATTN : Moderators.. this thread needs moving to the Sports & Fitness section

Deleted
    Ok I'm no man but I can't bench press my own weight(50 kg/110 lbs), it's too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can press about 10-20 pounds more than I weigh (I fluxuate between 135-145, depending on how many meals I skip), but I can squat about 200 pounds and leg press 400...
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    i am 65 kg
    and can handle (barely) 55kgs

=(

[] yes

[] no

[x] lolno

That being said, I'm more in shape than one would think. My upper body strength is terrible, but I'm a better (faster, farther) runner than most people I know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    [] yes

[] no

[x] lolno

That being said, I'm more in shape than one would think. My upper body strength is terrible, but I'm a better (faster, farther) runner than most people I know.
    I too rather focus on shape and speed and most importantly cardio and endurance.

I can easily bench my weight. I usually warm up with it. I max at 325 and weigh 215. So I am not terribly strong.", but defiantly above average.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

92kg right now

Yes, I can

With proper training I have reached 1,5-1,6x my own weight (Javelin thrower, so not so important for me)

But a training mate (Disc thrower) has passed 2x his own weight "easily"

But with no proper training as I am now I hardly go above 1,1x
    Last edited by Spiel; 2012-08-12 at 08:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, easily.. 180lbs is really not that much.

As a note, my muscles can handle it fairly easily, but I have joint problems in my wrists so I can't really do it that much.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2012-08-12 at 08:19 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    It depends on a lot of things. My bench press fucking sucks compared to my squat and deadlift: My genetic makeup favors the deadlifts, I have long ape arms, which suck for bench press. I see a lot of people in the gym with short arms and barrell chests who can just pump the weight as if its nothing, but thats because they have a much shorter range of motion.
    Max Bench: Around 80kg
    Max Squat: 125kg
    Max Deadlift: 150kg

This is with a few years of very basic lifting experience and 6 months of hard training.

EDIT: I weigh 190 lbs atm, around 86kg

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Really? You consider yourself weak? Seems like the girl who is beautiful and everyone else thinks is beautiful but she thinks she's too fat.
    Well, maybe a little more context. I'm in the military and go to a civilian gym 4-5 days a week. In the military I'm surround by lots of young, in shape, type A guys. And in my gym there are lots of big guys (body builders and strength training guys). So I'm used to see lots of guys doing tons of weight which in comparison to me looks puny. I also know a lot of guys at my gym who are around my size and can do way more weight than I can. I'm just basing myself off what I'm used to being around.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Benching a lot also gives something called "Bitch tit" when you get older (for men), best not to push it too hard or you will be wearing a bra later in life
    Or you could, you know, keep it up. Maintaining a phsyique isn't as difficult as building one.

Just over 4 weeks from now I'll be moving into a friends and we'll be investing in some basic gym equipment, can't wait to start training with iron. Currently just doing bodyweight exercises so I'm not completely inept to begin with. Another friend of mine got his dad's bench, I had a go and managed to bench 50kilos (at 67 kilos myself). Can't wait to improve upon it.

Got to say though it doesn't surprise me at all that most men can't lift their own bodyweight, certainly where I live.

That's very true...if you can bench your own weight you're in pretty good shape. I'm really not sure what I can do, but I'd be very surprised if I could bench my own weight...I weigh 165, I think I could do 135 or so, give or take 5 pounds. At least, I would hope I could. Never been to the gym in my life and never will, if I'm going to be doing something like that I damn well better be in the outdoors, kayaking, climbing, whatever.

The average athletic man, however, probably can. But most guys don't work out on a regular basis, my only advantage is I lift a lot of heavy stuff at work every day and I try to challenge myself when I can to get a better workout, and I like the outdoors and I get out when I can, over the summer at least.
    Last edited by PBitt; 2012-08-12 at 08:20 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i can bench press half my own weight so far but i've only been going to the gym for around a month.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bench 210 and I am 160. I have no choice but to train physically because I'm in the military.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

i've recently started training at the gym and i can do 3sets of 10reps with 30kilos and my weight is 62kilos, so maybe. When i train some more i will surely make it!

btw, does it ocunt if i can bench it once? or do i have to do several reps? because if it is once i think i can pull off 50kilos or something
    Last edited by mittacc; 2012-08-12 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    Benching a lot also gives something called "Bitch tit" when you get older (for men), best not to push it too hard or you will be wearing a bra later in life
    ??? Getting fat will...steroids will...lifting itself I doubt it
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

Quote Originally Posted by Curanhadin View Post
    Easily. Anyone moderatly athletic should be able to.
    Do you even lift?

Pretty sure I could bench 60kg as a fairly fit guy in his twenties.