Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    think about it like this. lets just say i wanted to live this world in my own way without getting a job. ill survive by hunting and sleeping where i want.
    but thats not possible because you need lisence to hunt. and if i wanted to fish to catch my food i cant, why? because i need a fishing lisence.
    so there you are two examples of why we are slaves. we cant live the way we want only how the government wants.

they keep you happy by giving you a job and entertainment and you all think that you control your lives. but in reality you dont.
    You can't live the way you want, because it would affect the way I want to live. You could overhunt, overfish, etc., and that would adversely affect my enjoyment of nature.
    You can live the way you want, unless it negatively affects the way I want to live.

And no, education is completely free if you have even a modicum of intelligence. Work for it.

Uhhh....The government is a slave TO THEM SELF.
    The lips of the righteous shall meditate wisdom, and he shall speak justice.

ok so heres what i think.

i think we are all slaves to the government/rich bankers in this world.
    we all are born and go through life the same. we all get a job and then pay our taxes and the government
    builds us roads, infastructure and gives us entertainment to keep us happy.

if you think the world is overpopulated the government doesnt care. they want more babies being born
    because they will eventually grow up to be drones for the government.

think about it. we all work for the bigger man. every business these days are owned by a big company that pretty much owns everything. and if you have your own business your paying taxes anyways so we are all slaves to the government.
    The alternative is living in a system without taxes, without government? You're still at the mercy of the people with the most resources.

"Might makes right" takes many forms, but its always the universal truth.

You only become a slave if you allow yourself in the USA...that boss that is "enslaving" you was just a regular person like you once upon a time, then he decided to step out of the line and do his own thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueGender View Post
    Uhhh....The government is a slave TO THEM SELF.
    How exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Needing a fishing license - just like slavery.

I'll keep this in mind as I go to my job that I chose, then come home to the apartment I chose, while eating the foods I choose, sitting in my comfy chair with a big ass LCD TV and messing around on a computer. I can't fish without a license, so I'm basically a slave.
    yeah you chose them. everybody in life is living the same life as you. do you think your life is somehow different to the next joe blow?
    in life you are born
    go to school learn
    get a job
    save up for house car etc

yeah your life is pretty much your own choice right?
    you chose all that right? or did society?

its not like if you wanted to build your house in the park at NYC you can just go there and start building?
    all because you chose to build there???

nice try though buddy

I don't believe we're slaves but I do believe to the government we're just another number and name. There's no other way for them to view us since they don't actually know us.

yeah you chose them. everybody in life is living the same life as you. do you think your life is somehow different to the next joe blow?
    in life you are born
    go to school learn
    get a job

its not like if you wanted to build your house in the park at NYC you can just go there and start building?

nice try though buddy
    Well your alternative seems to be

Born
    Feed
    Mate
    Die

That's actually A LOT less choice :/

Quote Originally Posted by Werrezer View Post
    How exactly?
    "Economy"

That's all I need to say, it is unarguable.
    The lips of the righteous shall meditate wisdom, and he shall speak justice.

in life you are born
    go to school learn
    get a job

nice try though buddy
    So because you can't build a house on land you don't own you're just like people who were bought sold and bred.

No, of course we aren't slaves to the government, jeez.

Everyone knows that we're all slaves to the multi-national corporations, military industrial pharmaceutical complexes, and big bankers that control the government.

Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    So because you can't build a house on land you don't own you're just like people who were bought sold and bred.
    It makes sense if you don't think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanibull View Post

Everyone knows that we're all slaves to the multi-national corporations, military industrial pharmaceutical complexes, and big bankers that control the government.

Duh.
    is that sarcasm or do you actually believe that? i cant tell in text haha.

but i believe what you are saying sarcasm or not.

In a way yes.

Pretty much anywhere you go in the world you are under the rule of a Government. Some are better than others but in the end you still need to answer to that Government. There is no body of land in the world where you can truely be a free person. It is sad but true.

I'm sure most people would choose to live under a government if they had a choice, But not having any other choice makes us all slaves to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechanibull View Post

Duh.
    At least somebody understands how things function in the US (and the majority of the western world). Everybody is stuck on this whole "Democrat" "Republican" thing and they fail to see they are just two faces of the same coin. We have an illusion of choice, nothing more.

Deleted
    ok so heres what i think.

i think we are all slaves to the government/rich bankers in this world.
    we all are born and go through life the same. we all get a job and then pay our taxes and the government
    builds us roads, infastructure and gives us entertainment to keep us happy.

if you think the world is overpopulated the government doesnt care. they want more babies being born
    because they will eventually grow up to be drones for the government.

think about it. we all work for the bigger man. every business these days are owned by a big company that pretty much owns everything. and if you have your own business your paying taxes anyways so we are all slaves to the government.
    You can however choose not to work, you are not forced to work and pay taxes. So no you're not a slave.

I do understand what you're saying though. Corporations taking over the world is a bad sign, it will eventually be the downfall of democracies. The rich wants more and they don't care about the poor.

by paying taxes we are generally "working for the government"
    sure they build us roads infastructure.
    but do you think that is enough?

how many of you get stuck in traffic everyday?
    how many of you wait in hospitals for hours?

isnt all that suppose to be paid for in our taxes?

taxes arent even enough for them.
    we get charged a tax for making a profit on property.
    we get fines from roads which ultamitely means milking us as much as they can
    pay registration fees
    hell you cant even make alot of money gambling before the tax man takes money from you.

and you know what we cannot control it.
    so we are slaves to the government

Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post
    I'm sure most people would choose to live under a government if they had a choice, But not having any other choice makes us all slaves to some degree.
    We never had a choice in our needing food, water, and the opposite gender to propagate... So really, we were always slaves by your definition, in that we don't have a choice.
    The only difference now is that we can choose to live here or to live there, instead of choosing to live or not to live

Quote Originally Posted by monostat View Post
    Might wanna google the word "slave" and get back to us.
    Yeah that's what I thought as well, such a misuse of the word slave.

You need to pay taxes for the country to work. You need to work to get the nice things you want.

The rich wants more and they don't care about the poor.
    This is something unique to the rich? Middle class people care about the poor and don't want more? And for that matter, other poor people as well.