View Poll Results: Having read this article: How do you feel about 'Titan' now?

Voters
99. This poll is closed
  • Excited

25 25.25%
  • Indifferent

59 59.60%
  • Disappointed

15 15.15%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Project Titan: What we know...

The following is an arcticle from Video Gamer.com where all that we knew about 'Titan' (when it the article was published)
    can be found along with quotes from blizzard devs.

What are you thoughts on this article: Does it make you want Titan sooner or later? Does it leave you disappointed or excited?

http://www.videogamer.com/features/a...g_we_know.html
    Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Moved to Video Game Discussion

It won't hurt World of Warcraft's numbers: Paul Sams, the chief operating officer of Blizzard, has said the game will be "complimentary" to WoW, not competitive.

What this means: In an interview with VentureBeat, Sams acknowledged most MMO players don't play more than one Massively title at any given point, but implied this was a non-issue.

"As to our new unannounced game, we believe that it will be more complementary than competitive," he said.
    Could this somehow be related to an annual pass?

I'm glad they clearly say that it'll not be a Starcraft or Diablo MMO, and that it'll not hurt WoW's subs.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'm glad they clearly say that it'll not be a Starcraft or Diablo MMO, and that it'll not hurt WoW's subs.
    I'm glad they're willing to delude themselves into thinking this won't cut from the WoW demographic.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    In an interview with VentureBeat, Sams acknowledged most MMO players don't play more than one Massively title at any given point, but implied this was a non-issue.
    I must be some kind of super-gamer anomaly. I have active subs for SWTOR and TERA, a pre-order in for GW2, and I'm actively beta testing Planetside 2 which I'll probably also pick up. And those are just the MMOs that I'm playing. I thought lots of gamers did that...
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

I'm a confirmed Blizzard fanboi so it'll take something REALLY shocking for me to not be excited about Titan.

10+ Year Old Account
    What we know!

...Absolutely nothing. The article was another pile, added onto the other piles. Nobody knows anything, and the information given doesn't... say anything.

It's like saying "The new game coming out is totally going to be a game. And on computers, maybe!"

Regardless, the article makes me no more or less excited, because it's the same info I had 3 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I am going to laugh when Project Titan turns out to be an in-game social media addon for blizzard games.
    That's what I expected it to be from the first time Blizzard mentioned it - what, 2 years ago?

Titan = this, 1.00^∞%

Second life of "all things blizzard" - make way to interact within graphical chat-rooms / pubs and purchase endless blizzard scwhag with micro-transactions.
    But! At least you can share your battle.net-account-bound items and achievements; No longer will people ask for housing in WoW because you can display it all in your personal house / castle / spaceship and interact with any of your battle.net-account characters!
    Spacebar spacebar spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar click-selection spacebar spacebar dark-side.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I'm glad they're willing to delude themselves into thinking this won't cut from the WoW demographic.
    I wouldn't be so quick to say that. I mean, look at what they did with Diablo 3. D3 isn't really cutting away from the WoW demographic. It is in fact bringing in the WoW demographic to it, especially with it being given out free to the annual pass subscribers. It may have lost a portion of subscribers to people canceling their subs in favor of D3, but the demographic is the same.

The fact that they said it's not meant to compete against WoW, but rather work along side it kind disappoints me even though this is old news because I remember them saying that from the start; it's not supposed to compete with WoW. I'm not currently subbed to WoW. If the intent of Titan is to work along side WoW, then it's a possibility that the game will be designed around playing WoW and Titan at the same time, meaning that it won't be the best choice for people that just want to play Titan, and not WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Mashpotaters View Post
    I wouldn't be so quick to say that. I mean, look at what they did with Diablo 3. D3 isn't really cutting away from the WoW demographic. It is in fact bringing in the WoW demographic to it, especially with it being given out free to the annual pass subscribers. It may have lost a portion of subscribers to people canceling their subs in favor of D3, but the demographic is the same.

The fact that they said it's not meant to compete against WoW, but rather work along side it kind disappoints me even though this is old news because I remember them saying that from the start; it's not supposed to compete with WoW. I'm not currently subbed to WoW. If the intent of Titan is to work along side WoW, then it's a possibility that the game will be designed around playing WoW and Titan at the same time, meaning that it won't be the best choice for people that just want to play Titan, and not WoW.
    compete or be a companion, blizzard doesnt give a shit, they're gettin paid either way, lol dont overthink it.

its a completely different game, that i can assure you, what they meant is that they dont really care whether it does or does not "compete" with WoW, because guess what? they own both! and honestly, by the time it comes out, 2015/16, WoW will be ancient and not many will be playing it.

what i gather from that quote is that they expect to have what happened to EQ/EQ2 but done far far better and smoother. it wont "compete" because they're hoping everyone will just say "fuck it, lets move onto Titan then!"
    Last edited by rigoremortis; 2012-08-13 at 08:25 PM.

Official Wallpaper!
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

Quote Originally Posted by Mashpotaters View Post
    I wouldn't be so quick to say that. I mean, look at what they did with Diablo 3. D3 isn't really cutting away from the WoW demographic.
    Actually, it has been. Mike Moreheim even listed D3's cannibalism of WoW players as a factor in the 1.1 million drop in subscriptions this quarter. Any RPG or MMO they release is inevitably going to cannibalize some of the WoW population.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still not enough information to totally turn me off or on.

I'll wait until 2013 I guess, when Blizzard finally reveals what it is. But after D3 and Cata, I'm losing faith in Blizzard's ability to put out quality products.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Why can't they just attempt an MMO not so casually based. I mean a lot of WoW end game has just become to easy for top guilds and that's why I think a few disbanded.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs View Post

Official Wallpaper!
    Lulz, he looks like Bilbo Baggins.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Actually, it has been. Mike Moreheim even listed D3's cannibalism of WoW players as a factor in the 1.1 million drop in subscriptions this quarter. Any RPG or MMO they release is inevitably going to cannibalize some of the WoW population.
    Its not like its gona last, with the nuetering of d3 like they keep doing in d3 and the lack of any drive to play it after 60 i fail to see why anyone would play the game longer than 4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Its not like its gona last, with the nuetering of d3 like they keep doing in d3 and the lack of any drive to play it after 60 i fail to see why anyone would play the game longer than 4 months.
    Well, they are supposedly having issues with player retention in D3 as well. The problem is that there's not guarantee that they'll go back to WoW either, especially with the annual pass ending soon. And there are plenty of reasons to play once you've hit 60. The same types of reasons that keep D2 players playing the game 12 years later (although we can debate whether or not those reasons apply given the different design choices they've made with D3 compared to D2).

10+ Year Old Account
    Well considering they destroyed Diablo after 10 years of development, StarCraft 2 was a complete disappointment, I don't necessarily think much of Titan or any future titles save the MoP expansion. I think the WoW team is probably the only talent Blizzard actually has left after Blizzard North.

Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    Well considering they destroyed Diablo after 10 years of development
    6 years tops. They scrapped a model of the game in 2005 when the Blizzard North guys left and had to start development over again. So at the most it's been in development for 6 years, and we don't know what kind of resources it had throughout that time.