Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Both Blizzard's patches on GW2's release date... nice sniping once again :P

Quote Originally Posted by Screwy Maverick View Post
    I like how Blizzard is a villain/pathetic if they, a BUSINESS, try to release content to match the release of a COMPETING BUSINESS.
    Like every other company you mean? You might see it as pathetic but in the business world its smart to release two big patches to two of there biggest games on the same day as a competing game.
    Why wouldn't they do this? It just makes sense really.
    Last edited by Bahska; 2012-08-14 at 05:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Even if it was, the Theramore event is so boring, predictable and badly written from everything that I've seen so far that I wouldn't log in to play it if you paid me.
    Unless your work at Blizzard (the only people who have seen the event) then your statement is invalid.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like how Blizzard is a villain/pathetic if they, a BUSINESS, try to release content to match the release of a COMPETING BUSINESS.
    I haven't seen anybody say that Blizzard is a villain or that they are Pathetic. People are just saying how un-surprising it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    Even if it was, the Theramore event is so boring, predictable and badly written from everything that I've seen so far that I wouldn't log in to play it if you paid me.
    So you've basically completely spoiled the event for yourself by listening to audio of the NPCs in the event and, as a result, have decided not to log in to take part in it?

Sounds perfectly retarded to me! Congrats on being a dumb fuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Both Blizzard's patches on GW2's release date... nice sniping once again :P
    It's a good strategy.

Deleted
    Nice! Does anyone know which day of gamescom the MoP trailer will be released?

Wow... Didn't expect they would actually give us the patch on GW2 release... Well, fine with me I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Let's not forget one thing though, it'd be either 21th, 28th or 4th sep.
    While there's nothing weird about sniping dates, more or less all pre-expansion patches has been live for a month before release.

If anything, GW2 could've released some other day, why a tuesday? Blizzard has maintenance, so that's one thing.

GW2 sucks, just another "WoW killer" like SWTOR, AION, AoC, WaR and all the fails before and between ....

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, Blizzard is releasing the patch on the 28th to compete with ArenaNet..wat everyone is forgetting is that rarely do patch days even go well. You're better off waiting a day to actually experience it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahska View Post
    Like every other company you mean? You might see it as pathetic but in the business world its smart to release two big patches to two of there biggest games on the same day as a competing game.
    I was referencing people jumping on the "LOL BLIZZ RELEASING PATCHES SAME DAY AS GW2 LOL" crowd, not actually saying that's what I thought.

10+ Year Old Account
    So WoW & D3 releasing patches on the same day? Dam... and no, I don't care for GW2. Rather I'm waiting on Assassins Creed III. MoP will keep me busy till then.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipero View Post
    Sure, Blizzard is releasing the patch on the 28th to compete with ArenaNet..wat everyone is forgetting is that rarely do patch days even go well. You're better off waiting a day to actually experience it.
    Yeah, this. Blizzard releasing major patches for their two top games on the same day GW2 releases is actually good for the GW2 crowd. (Not that release days for new MMOs are ever 100% smooth anyway, but.)
    Last edited by Screwy Maverick; 2012-08-14 at 05:22 PM. Reason: stupid typo

Quote Originally Posted by Die Hard View Post
    GW2 sucks, just another "WoW killer" like SWTOR, AION, AoC, WaR and all the fails before and between ....
    GW2 could never be a ''WoW killer'' in the first place, because it doesn't require a subscription to play. People could easily play GW2 and WoW together.

The only games that could be seen as ''WoW competors'' AT BEST are Rift and SW:ToR

I was referencing people jumping on the "LOL BLIZZ RELEASING PATCHES SAME DAY AS GW2 LOL" crowd, not actually saying that's what I thought.
    Ah i misunderstood my bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Cipero View Post
    And MMO launches are usually perfect on day one too...

Quote Originally Posted by Die Hard View Post
    nice troll 1/10

Most of the people that will be playing GW2 will have been playing since the 25th so a broken patch on the 28th shouldn't cause any kind of impact for ANet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahska View Post
    How is it smart? Describe how it's smart instead of just repeating somethign you've heard from someone else that didn't think twice.
    Why would you want your release date to coincide with another big release? Games are delayed because companies don't want to compete for the people who might buy them.