Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Stuck on low resolution, bad framerate even on high end rigs and I'm supposed to plug a freaking gamepad into my PC? I know this studio said they, "weren't real good with PC games." but damn.

I had nightmares trying to run GTA4 and LA Noire on PC, really don't feel like going down that road again with a developer that seems even worse that Rockstar at PC titles. I'll still buy it but will wait for it to be $5 on Steam, which will be very quickly IMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Why does everyone act like the word gamepad is cancer :\
    If the game only works well with a controller, has no improved graphics and requires GFWL, then why would anyone chose to buy the PC version when they could get the XBOX/PS3 version? What is the point of a PC port if they don't take advantage of the benefits of PCs? I expect the PS3 version does not have LIVE, so why force it on PC users (like someone posted before, its DRMception, it already is going to be on steam).

There's so many posts saying that it was people who petitions for a PC port that got them to do it. But if they are not going to do it for the reason people want a PC port, then it's beyond pointless.

Also, I'm certain that people will have to pay full price on the PC for a game that's surely available discounted for the console (lots of used copies now I guess) and when it tanks, piracy will be blamed.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jinna View Post
    If the game only works well with a controller, has no improved graphics and requires GFWL, then why would anyone chose to buy the PC version when they could get the XBOX/PS3 version? What is the point of a PC port if they don't take advantage of the benefits of PCs? I expect the PS3 version does not have LIVE, so why force it on PC users (like someone posted before, its DRMception, it already is going to be on steam).

There's so many posts saying that it was people who petitions for a PC port that got them to do it. But if they are not going to do it for the reason people want a PC port, then it's beyond pointless.

(...)
    I for one just want to be able to play the game since I don't own a Xbox or PS3
    Plus I think every PC gamer should have a gamepad for the PC sooner or later, there are just some games that are much more fun with it.
    I'm very happy with a PC release, even if it's not perfect.
    If you meet God, tell him to leave me alone.

I'll be buying the game, regardless of the sub-par graphics (though I still hope they'll release a HD texture pack, given that we can only assume they had higher res textures to make the in-game ones). And I don't see using a pad as an issue in this type of game. Until a keyboard with analog keys that really works is released, there's not a much better option, besides, I really like using the Xbox 360 pads on my PC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Guts View Post
    I for one just want to be able to play the game since I don't own a Xbox or PS3
    Plus I think every PC gamer should have a gamepad for the PC sooner or later, there are just some games that are much more fun with it.
    I'm very happy with a PC release, even if it's not perfect.
    Yes to the controller. I have Darksiders for the PS3, and recently got it on steam as part of the THQ bundle. Out of curiosity I tried to play it with the keyboard and mouse. While doable, it was quite awkward to get some of the combinations going w/o dislocating fingers.

I suspect that as a PC gamer w/o also a console of any type, you may be in the minority. I have both XBOX and PS3 because of various friends owning either of the machines, or various games (Halo etc) only being available on one or other platform. So instead of having a controller for my PC, I chose what platform to buy the games based on my preferred control for that game. Obviously exceptions crop up (controller for Halo is annoying, but PC release of Halo is distinctly lacking) (also borderlands being a great split screen game with the wife means I have it on PS3 and PC, depending on who I play with) but mostly I have the hacknslash games on consoles and shooters on PC (and the high res, high fps games on PC too)

For me, I'd sooner buy DS used for the console, than rejoice at the DRM'd full-price port of exactly the same game to the PC.

People like you, who only have the PC, and are happy to plug in a controller to play games like Darksiders & Dark Souls are likely the only people who will buy this port. The rest either have it already for the console, are on the lookout for a used copy to come around at a reasonable price (not €5 cheaper), or fit into some other minority.
    Last edited by mmoc8d1df16656; 2012-08-14 at 10:44 AM.

I hate gamepads. I find them awkward to use, especially the stick(s?). I'd much rather use a keyboard and mouse, and I will play it with my keyboard and mouse.

Even if keyboard and mouse support was good, I feel like the gameplay would just make using a mouse and keyboard awkward as hell. Like, just thinking about how the game plays, I don't see how using mouse and keyboard could work nearly as well as using a controller. I guess it's because I'm used to playing a lot of third person games with a controller, but I dunno.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Even if keyboard and mouse support was good, I feel like the gameplay would just make using a mouse and keyboard awkward as hell. Like, just thinking about how the game plays, I don't see how using mouse and keyboard could work nearly as well as using a controller. I guess it's because I'm used to playing a lot of third person games with a controller, but I dunno.
    I think this is one of the main reasons they're not doing much with the controls, it's a lot easier to control the camera to position rolls and stuff with an analog stick than a mouse (in my opinion).

Quote Originally Posted by Yakobo15 View Post
    Why does everyone act like the word gamepad is cancer :\
    It's not a cancer at all, and actually is the method of choice for various games.

This game style just happens to not be one of them, right along with FPS.

Deleted
    On a curious note: How moddable could the game possibly be? Any word on that at all or will we find enthusiast trying to crack it open (as with most games eventually) a few weeks down the line?

What other game do you think is awkward with mouse and keyboard? Because I've never come across one.

---------- Post added 2012-08-14 at 06:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    On a curious note: How moddable could the game possibly be? Any word on that at all or will we find enthusiast trying to crack it open (as with most games eventually) a few weeks down the line?
    As far as I know, not very moddable, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    What other game do you think is awkward with mouse and keyboard? Because I've never come across one.[COLOR="red"]
    Not many, to be honest. Psychonauts, I guess. Nothing else comes to mind. I tend to use gamepads for third person action games a lot of the time, but if I leave my controller at my boyfriend's or something, I can still play them using mouse and keyboard without any issues. But with the way that Dark Souls plays, there is no way that I am even going to try using mouse and keyboard to play it. There's a lot of circling around in combat involved in this game, and I can just see it being wonky, especially if the mouse and keyboard controls are going to be poor to boot. I'm sure if people have never played the game before, they'll be able to adjust to mouse and keyboard controls easier than I would; that's just how I predict it's going to be.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux View Post
    It may sounds stupid, but anyone knows if they'll have xbox controller support for the PC edition?
    You can play basically all games with it or with the PS3 controller. You just need software such as "MotionJoy Gamepad Tool".

I bet you can play this one aswell

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    What other game do you think is awkward with mouse and keyboard? Because I've never come across one.[COLOR="red"]
    Darksiders, totally. Have it for both PC (steam sale bundle) and PS3. Playing it on a keyboard is wonky.

Darksiders, totally. Have it for both PC (steam sale bundle) and PS3. Playing it on a keyboard is wonky.
    Ah! Yes. Seconded. I couldn't stand playing that game with mouse and keyboard.

Not many, to be honest. Psychonauts, I guess. Nothing else comes to mind. I tend to use gamepads for third person action games a lot of the time, but if I leave my controller at my boyfriend's or something, I can still play them using mouse and keyboard without any issues. But with the way that Dark Souls plays, there is no way that I am even going to try using mouse and keyboard to play it. There's a lot of circling around in combat involved in this game, and I can just see it being wonky, especially if the mouse and keyboard controls are going to be poor to boot. I'm sure if people have never played the game before, they'll be able to adjust to mouse and keyboard controls easier than I would; that's just how I predict it's going to be.
    We shall see, but if that's the case, I'm going to have an angry look on my face even before I get killed by something mean.

---------- Post added 2012-08-14 at 08:10 PM ----------

Well, TB has just bashed Darksiders 2 for the same on Twitter, so I suppose I should take "unplayable on keyboard and mouse" as "under standard port-controls"?

honestly if you're a serious game just get a gamepad. it will almost always outdo keyboard and mouse controls in any third person action game.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    honestly if you're a serious game just get a gamepad. it will almost always outdo keyboard and mouse controls in any third person action game.
    Pfffff.

Serious gamer my hoof.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2012-08-14 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    [video=youtube;QiBjgvFYmb0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiBjgvFYmb0&feature=youtu.be[/vide]
    Yeah, make me excited for a game I'm not going to play for a good amount of time, because of Guild Wars 2 and MoP. You do that. Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiBjgvFYmb0&feature=player_embedded
    *chants*

10 more days, 10 more days, 10 more days :3
    Last edited by Lyriok; 2012-08-14 at 09:24 PM.