Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'll most likely hop around guilds not caring about who I represent, rather care about who I'm chatting with or what kind of controversy I'm starting.

What I have an issue with... Is guilds that require "a recommendation from a current member of the guild". Seriously, let me prove my worth by myself. Alone. That's the way I feel it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by ZerOKami View Post
    I'll most likely hop around guilds not caring about who I represent, rather care about who I'm chatting with or what kind of controversy I'm starting.

What I have an issue with... Is guilds that require "a recommendation from a current member of the guild". Seriously, let me prove my worth by myself. Alone. That's the way I feel it should be.
    Not sure why you would have a problem with needing a recommendation from a current guild member. Good guilds generally don't invite people that they have zero prior knowledge of. I'd rather get a recommendation than filling out some tedious application on their website which is usually the other alternative. The other recruitment methods are the drive-by invite and the stand-in-town and spam for members adding anybody that asks but personally I never join any guild that does either of those two things.

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey39 View Post
    Not sure why you would have a problem with needing a recommendation from a current guild member. Good guilds generally don't invite people that they have zero prior knowledge of. I'd rather get a recommendation than filling out some tedious application on their website which is usually the other alternative. The other recruitment methods are the drive-by invite and the stand-in-town and spam for members adding anybody that asks but personally I never join any guild that does either of those two things.
    I'd rather fill out an application just as I like it, neat and tidy, than have a jobinterview-esque meeting with someone just to validate that I'm good enough to join. If I am, let me prove that for myself, not let someone else decide that.

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey39 View Post
    I rather dislike the entire application thing in general. I mean it's a game. My prior gaming history doesn't really matter in a new game. LIke ZerOKami said, let me prove my worth, don't treat me like an employee. My schedule shouldn't matter. All that does is promote people to lie to one another. Personally for me. If a huge guild were to offer me an invite? No matter if it was the number one guild in the entire game. Chances are.. i'd decline. There are wayyyy to many strings attached. To me it just feels like you're signing over your soul to them. It's like you're giving them your time in the game to do with as they please. "We need more of this go far it" "You have to pay us a membership fee" "when we pvp you pvp. no exceptions." "when you're on, our guild is the only one you rep." "Be on between so and so time every Saturday or we kick you" Once, I was kicked because I "didn't send in my raiding schedule" mind you I had told the guild leader I couldn't raid because my computer the time couldn't handle it. But they accepted me into the guild and then kick me for it. it's horrible that gaming has come down to that, and it's even more horrible that the community allows that kind of behavior. It Just a game.

What ever happened to a guild being about a bunch of like minded individual's to get together and have fun. Me? I'd take a small, homey guild over a huge guild any day. I'd rather feel like im with friends, Not employee's and a "l33t" boss on a power trip cause he's "ranked" or something.

My guild will require monthly subscription fee.
    Since you will pay you will want to represent it all the time!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by speehs View Post
    My guild doesn't really care. They only ask that we represent them when playing with the guild, which is perfectly reasonable.
    This was very helpful thank you. It's simple and reasonable, just what I was hoping to figure out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    My guild will require monthly subscription fee.
    Since you will pay you will want to represent it all the time!
    Now thats a given. Don't have a sub fee for the game? Let's put in the guild, I mean the name of the game is guild wars right?