Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Sam Cassell

Aside from Jordan? Clyde The Glide Drexler.

Deleted
    No player has been as dominant in every phase of the game as Jordan. He is clearly the best player to have played, and his talent would transcend any player in any era of basketball. Jordan is better than any 2 or 3 that ever played. This said, he is a pretty terribad human (emperical data and all, at least from my perspective the times I've met him irl).

At least the greatest PG/C/PF of all time is still up for grabs.

I am not a sports fan, but I know the answer... Michael Jordan
    Quote Originally Posted by Saah View Post
    Currently in Russia there is too much freedom, you can freely do things, that would cause you be arrested in USA.

From a pure athletic talent view, Wilt Chamberlain was the greatest ever. The man was completely unstoppable and would decide to lead a specific category each season and then go out and do it. Lead points..done. Lead in rebounds...done. Lead in women shagged...done.

But the greatest player ever from a competitive standpoint was unquestionably Michael Jordan.

The guy from the harlem globetrotters that has a 80% average shooting from center court with his back to the rim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    What are you basic his skill on? Jordan was a better shooter, better defender and a better finisher. If Lebron reaches 6 rings, he will still have less rings than Robert Horey or Steve Kerr. All Labron needed, was to start a league wide shift of centralization of super stars by joining Bosh and Wade. So, you are right, he didn't just need a center, Shaq didn't help him in Cleveland. He needed more...
    Lebron James is an all round better player than Michael Jordan. Michael Jordan was all about scoring. Lebron James is a way better rebounder, way better passer and he's also a better defensive player. Also, you're talking like Michael Jordan didn't get any help at all, he did.. His supporting cast was just as good as Lebron James.

The only correct answer is Jordan. Yes there have been some outlandishly skilled players out there (Olajuwon, Bird, Magic to name a few) but no other player revolutionized the game like he did, no one ever dominated the game on both ends of the floor like he did. Besides, Jordan is more than just an athlete, he is part of the reason basketbal and the nba are so well known around the globe. Greatest of all time? No doubt about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WR86xLSITc

Very nice video if you're into basketball.
    Last edited by Lorthiros; 2012-08-15 at 06:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowkras View Post

Also, alextrazsa has the spells Detect Pregnancy and Track Babies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorthiros View Post
    The only correct answer is Jordan. Yes there have been some outlandishly skilled players out there (Olajuwon, Bird, Magic to name a few) but no other player revolutionized the game like he did, no one ever dominated the game on both ends of the floor like he did. Besides, Jordan is more than just an athlete, he is part of the reason basketbal and the nba are so well known around the globe. Greatest of all time? No doubt about it.
    Yes, Michael Jordan is the greatest of all time as of right now.

But, Lebron James has the chance to surpass him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Werrezer View Post
    Lebron James is an all round better player than Michael Jordan. Michael Jordan was all about scoring. Lebron James is a way better rebounder, way better passer and he's also a better defensive player. Also, you're talking like Michael Jordan didn't get any help at all, he did.. His supporting cast was just as good as Lebron James.
    I am sorry, but saying LBJ is a better defender than Jordan is a joke. He never graded Magic, Drexler or even the likes of Wilkens. I'm also willing to bet their rebounding number difrance is negligible at best. Jordan is also a better passer, ask John Paxton and Steve Kerr how good of a passer he was. Two spot up shooters who made their money on wide open shots from Jordan passes, thrugh triple teams, while everyone and their mother knew Kerr and Paxton are spotting up in the same 3 point spot they always do. Grant at the key? Pipping from back board? None of it happens if not for Jordan. Kukoch was probebly the only player on the bulls that could serve even close to as good as Jordan on all those teams. LBJ plays with one better than him on his own team. There is no way Labron is a better player, more athletic I will agree. But better player? With Russel, Erving, Kareem, Bird and Magic, it's hard to fit him in the top 5. Mosses Malne even... And Kobe... Tight fit into top 10 if I have to think about it... Those Celtic and Laker dynasties had some of the greatest players... heck, I'd put Sabonis, playing his best years in Russia, before communism fell and he still contributed to Portland with having no knees, was a better player than Labron...

Jordan is nowhere near Lebron James skill wise. Also James didn't need a dominating center to win either.

The reason I say Michael Jordan is greater is his accomplishments, if Lebron James reached 6 rings etc, he's the greatest ever.
    Your out of your mind ....did you know Jordan has so many more 50+ point scoring games Kobe can only dream of catching up ...also he won back to back slam dunk championships ...kobe only won 1 ...ha !....I have watched both play and MJ is just sooooo much more facinating to watch and an all around better player ...your in dreamland if you think he is better .
    Last edited by Elite Peon; 2012-08-15 at 06:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    Your out of your mind ....did you know Jordan has so many more 50+ point scoring games Kobe can only dream of catching up ...also he won back to back slam dunk championships ...kobe only won 1 ...ha !....I have watched both play and MJ is just sooooo much more facinating to watch and an all around better player ...your in dreamland if you think he is better .
    You're out of your mind if you can't see Lebron James is a more talented and skilled player than Michael Jordan!

Also, are you measuring skill on dunk slam championships, lol! Lebron could easily win those, but he cba to participate..
    Last edited by mmoc18049c7cff; 2012-08-15 at 07:01 AM.

Skill wise greatest ever is definitely Lebron James.

But greatest ever is still Michael Jordan.

If Kobe Bryant surpasses Jordan in rings the next few years, I'd say Kobe is on the same level.
    no way kobe bryant is on same level. kobe never dominated like jordan did. plus kobes first 3 rings he got from riding shaqs tail.
    dont bring that kobe talk here he just got lucky to be on the lakers while they stack the team with superstars around him.

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 08:09 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by paulkroll View Post
    Michael Jordan, hes on the same level with heaton/
    Although michael jordan and heatons skill level back then is nothing compared
    with the teamwork/agility and overall better performance of the palyers of today. its only because of yyears of basketball gameplay theory which was not readily availiable to michael jordans prime time.

but they dominated at their peaks and really looked like they had a real love and passion for the sport.

HeatoN!!!!

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 08:13 AM ----------

if you take a look at kobe bryants face these days. his arrogant face i might add. he himself thinks his the greatest player ever.
    but his not even top 5

Lol whoever considers lebron even top 5 is kidding themselves. Yes lebron is athletically gifted. But guess what happens with age? You slow down and age is going to be against lebron more than it was for kobe/jordan.

Top 3 easily would be
    1) Jordan
    2) Magic/Kobe
    3) Kobe/Magic

To people who overlook Kobes greatness, you are delusional. The things he did at lebrons age and around it were way better than what lebron is doing now. Lebron doesnt have the clutchness of kobe/jordan. Plus when lebron is 32+, ill be laughing at his skill level then when he cant use his speed to get points/make plays. Once you get to that age you better have a good jump shot to be even considered top 10.

Also durant > lebron.

The only way lebron will ever reach top 5 is if he travels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Papapwn View Post
    Lol whoever considers lebron even top 5 is kidding themselves. Yes lebron is athletically gifted. But guess what happens with age? You slow down and age is going to be against lebron more than it was for kobe/jordan.

Top 3 easily would be
    1) Jordan
    2) Magic/Kobe
    3) Kobe/Magic

To people who overlook Kobes greatness, you are delusional. The things he did at lebrons age and around it were way better than what lebron is doing now. Lebron doesnt have the clutchness of kobe/jordan. Plus when lebron is 32+, ill be laughing at his skill level then when he cant use his speed to get points/make plays. Once you get to that age you better have a good jump shot to be even considered top 10.

Also durant > lebron.

The only way lebron will ever reach top 5 is if he travels.
    Lol, Durant > Lebron? What are you smoking

Russel could play in this day and age as well.

Saying greatest of all time is silly, as the different eras of basketball are incredibly different.

---------- Post added 2012-08-15 at 05:06 AM ----------

Saying bryant is not a top five player of all time only proves your bias and hatred. People don't like him, so they denigrate his many, vast amount of achievements. Oh well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pipin is no team mate like those Russel had during the Celtic dynasty. They did it as a team, bulls did on the back of Jordan.

If rings is all that mater, Robert Horey and Steve Kerr are better players than Jordan.
    I disagree. In fact, I would argue that Scottie Pippen was on par with, if not superior to, any team mate of Russell's. Actually, I would make a case that the supporting cast that Jordan had for his second threepeat was on par with many of the lineups the Celtics had during their domination of the NBA during the Bill Russell era.

Furthermore, while Jordan's first threepeat came at a time when the level of competition was still relatively fierce, his second wave of titles came when it was at the exact opposite. Remember that his Bulls team set the all-time wins record in a season. The NBA by that point wasn't even the NBA. It was "the Bulls...and everyone that isn't the BUlls". Most, if not all, of Russell's success came in an era where even players of his own position were not only on par to him, but in some cases superior. He was winning in the same eras of Wilt Chamberlain and Elgin Baylor.

However, beyond that point, the other reason I list Russell is he had more to offer than just ability on the court, of which his was incredible. Russell was also quite the amazing coach. Jordan, on the other hand, in a front office capacity has managed to ruin two entire franchises. While he had a greatness on the court, his greatness off the court made him one-dimensional. Russell could pretty much do anything and excel at it.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Jordan is the greatest ever. I even have a hard time seeing Lebron as a "once in a decade" type of player.
    In every big sport there are pro's, then the superstars and of those superstars there are just a few that are even higher. The Babe Ruth's, Pele's, Gretzky's, Maradonna, Senna etc.
    I think we all know what I mean with those people a step up, I don't see that for Lebron. People saying Lebron, how old are you if I may ask? Truely old enough to have seen Jordan play (and not as an 8 year old when you didn't really get the intricate details of the game yet).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolson13 View Post
    Jordan is the greatest ever. I even have a hard time seeing Lebron as a "once in a decade" type of player.
    In every big sport there are pro's, then the superstars and of those superstars there are just a few that are even higher. The Babe Ruth's, Pele's, Gretzky's, Maradonna, Senna etc.
    I think we all know what I mean with those people a step up, I don't see that for Lebron. People saying Lebron, how old are you if I may ask? Truely old enough to have seen Jordan play (and not as an 8 year old when you didn't really get the intricate details of the game yet).
    Once Lebron James retires with 7 rings, 5 regular season mvps and 7 finals mvp he'll be greater than Jordan.

15+ Year Old Account
    What are you basic his skill on? Jordan was a better shooter, better defender and a better finisher. If Lebron reaches 6 rings, he will still have less rings than Robert Horey or Steve Kerr. All Labron needed, was to start a league wide shift of centralization of super stars by joining Bosh and Wade. So, you are right, he didn't just need a center, Shaq didn't help him in Cleveland. He needed more...
    Shaq was old and fat and awful in Cleveland lol. And please, started the movement? How about Boston in 2008? How about the Lakers forever? Centralization of stars isn't a new phenomenon. It has been going on in the NBA for decades either through signings or trades.

The answer is Jordan. LeBron is good, but MJ is still on a whole different level. LeBron has the bigger toolkit, but MJ was simply better in a lot of areas than LeBron is. LeBron has a long way to go though before this argument is even relative.