Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Ok I'll bite. ( even tho I raid with several ladies)
    Tits lead to all kinds of drama.
    Lonley guys do stupid shit when dealing with females.
    The married To the tank, pocket healer shit is drama.
    ..... the assumption all women must be healers, and suck, leads to drama.
    Young males don't cope well with women on video games.

Did I miss anything?

Sex and sexuality shouldn't even be factors in a raid. IF you are going to bring social drama into your raid and can't be mature and at least shelve it for a few hours a day, GTFO!
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

My guild takes in Females for heroic raiding, we even got officer female!

Thanks guys. This is pretty much all I was interested in.....the 'why'. I do appreciate those with solid answers. As for me looking for a guild, I will continue to do so.
    Words are a wonderful form of communication, but they will never replace kisses and punches. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

they like to complain and whine when anything doesnt go their way, and then they cause a ton of drama about it, or anything really.

Deleted
    Well, my raidleader is a woman, so... I haven't really had the same problems as you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakokun View Post
    Is anyone else bothered by that cellphone rule too?
    I wouldn't give my phone number to my guild... and I like them.

Female raiders who are skilled and do not expect/get special treatment because of their gender are a very strong asset to any raid team. I have known some very skilled, smart, and fun female raiders in my time.

Unfortunately there are not that many of those. Maybe those guilds just don't want to take the chance. From the amount of drama I have seen the other kind of female members create in the past I can't say I blame them.

Deleted
    I've never seen a guild that doesn't allow females, I've seen a few disbands due to their presence though, not through fault of their own but more about how some of the male guild members behave around them, I recall three instances of rifts occurring due to jealousy around favoritism and also attachment. I still think the rule is quite unreasonable, but it's their guild and they can recruit who they like.

Deleted
    I don't see why people say, well there's a female in my guild that behaves like X
    or i'm a female and i don't behave like X

isnt it fairly common that there will be drama with most females in the guild? yes there ARE exceptions defenitly. but its about the majority...
    and because of that, they deny them, and honestly i don't care. im sure if there was an all female high end guild and you'd have a few guys in it
    it would probably be the same

not alone with the girls vs guys though, also girls against girls, in most cases they are territorial over their place in the guild ( and feel like they own all the guys in here )
    no not all the females, but i've experienced it more than once, and it so frustrating

Quote Originally Posted by Azshalorah View Post
    I have been browsing the WoW forums as of late, to try and find a guild for MoP. I have stumbled into a LOT of guilds flat out saying they won't recruit any females. Here is a quote from one guild in particular....

Now everything except for the 'no females' on that list I can understand. Can someone please enlighten me on this subject?

Thanks!

My experience/PoV/Opinion is this:

1. Nerds and their online crushes can be distracting. Just sayin.
    2. Most of the females I have played with in WoW usually have "something going on" aka drama.
    3. Most females I have played with in this game think they are better than they really are.
    4. Most males don't like being put into a situation that they have to be an a-hole to a female because they will feel bad about it.
    5. Most females I know (especially when they believe they can do no wrong) can not take criticism with out elevating it to another level.
    6. Most women are used to getting what they want out of the men they're hanging with in real life let alone gaming life.

When I say most, I mean off the top of my head the 20 females I can name RIGHT NOW that I've known for a long time, only 3 are OUTSTANDING player, and there's only maybe 2-3 that own they're not that good at the game. The rest in the middle think they're the bomb when they are most certainly not.

This is in no way a shot at any females character (speaking ONLY of the ones I know and have experienced). They are for the most part cool people. But if I had a reasoning as to why HC guilds would have these rules in place this is why. On a side note, we all know how a group of great friends can get destroyed by 1 woman, the fellas know this.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Female raiders who are skilled and do not expect/get special treatment because of their gender are a very strong asset to any raid team. I have known some very skilled, smart, and fun female raiders in my time.

Unfortunately there are not that many of those. Maybe those guilds just don't want to take the chance. From the amount of drama I have seen the other kind of female members create in the past I can't say I blame them.
    This is the exact answer that I was going to reply with. Except with 8 years of wow I have met 0 amazing female players. Some solid, some dedicated, most nice and friendly and helpful. None were the calibur of player that HC raiding requires though.

Our guild leader is a girl, and we don't recruit girls.

Every single vanilla player I know has been an at least 1 guild destroyed by an ewhore and her bullshit; no thank you.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not many HC guilds do that OP however if anyone remembers the fall of Deus vox then you can see sometimes they put that into play

R.I.P Deus Vox

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Dunno. Don't they? IIRC one of the older Ensidia blogs when they were still Nihilum distinctively mentioned a girl among them. Or I am just remember things wrong. But what defines a "HC guild" anyhow? I mean..we are 8/8 HM and have 2 girls in the raiding team...always had up to 5 since the Molten Core days...
    Think Poptisse was with them around that time.

My last guild during WotLK broke because a guy was upset over a girl.

An earlier WotLK guild I had it was an older girlfriend/boyfriend team and they managed it really well. Fun atmosphere, but still wanted to get stuff done.

Chances are if a girl is serious about raiding, you don't have to expect any baggage. Same can be said about a lot of people. ❤

15+ Year Old Account
    I've seen moderate drama directly caused by a female in my guild...but that was only because the folks involved were socially awkward and got attached to someone they had never met...probably out of desperation for some form of womanly affection.

We dealt with it quickly - and replaced them with normal people.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Apathy- View Post
    Not many HC guilds do that OP however if anyone remembers the fall of Deus vox then you can see sometimes they put that into play

R.I.P Deus Vox
    Please do tell!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuzzfizzle View Post
    Good for you.
    I have been playing since the very start of WoW in Europe and I haven't met a single good female player. Not one. Not all of them were bad, most were decent but none of them was good.
    Most of the female players I have met were, for a lack of a better word, 'attention whores' (forgive me for that expression) and they were causing all sorts of trouble.
    Maybe certain guilds have had the same or similar experiences?
    little do you realize, seeing as theres no way to tell whos being what avatar in game, that arena team who crushed you last week could have been all girls. or maybe in the last lfd 5 man you did, someone was doing insane dps and you thought to yourself "holy shit" and it turns out, that was a girl. or how about that quiet raider who never says anything in vent yet always exceeds expectations, silently doing their best for the guild. maybe these situations didnt happen as described but im sure you get the idea.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    Please do tell!
    You can google the story but in short if I remember correctly this hooters girl seduced / Had relations with a very very high person ranking of the guild and the guy would obviously ''Protect her'' yada yada give her free stuff

Pretty much the girl corrupted him and the sky pretty much fell from there and all hell broke loose

Shame really

And yes the girl did literally work in hooters hence well ~Giggle ~

Deleted
    Females Entice Males About Loot Earnings. Situations about loot among different sexes pretty much always deteriorate into this after a certain amount of time (which is a horrible generalisation I know, but that's how it seems to be) unless everyone's pretty serious and level-headed about their raiding.