Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I am sorry, but you must have looked some stupid places, for i have not seen that anywhere,

Quote Originally Posted by Azshalorah View Post
    I have been browsing the WoW forums as of late, to try and find a guild for MoP. I have stumbled into a LOT of guilds flat out saying they won't recruit any females. Here is a quote from one guild in particular....

Now everything except for the 'no females' on that list I can understand. Can someone please enlighten me on this subject?

Thanks!
    The quote you have from a particular guild looks very familiar, is it from Nebula?

The reason most guilds don't recruit girls or aren't looking to recruit girls is a problem I ran into recently myself, from the recruiting standpoint not getting recruited. During this tier I have played with 2 different female raiders and can honestly say it is the worst raiding experience I have ever had. The girls being poor raider thing isn't true, they can be very good, its just the drama that is attached to them is why you want to avoid them. The first girl my group had, after a few months started saying that it would be unrealistic to not invite her boyfriend to come raid with us because she liked him more than the person we currently had, and if he couldn't raid, she would not raid either.

The other girl raider I had, I was warned before she actually began raiding that she brought a bad raid environment, but I figured I would see how it was before I jumped to any sort of accusations or anything to that extent. The first few weeks were fine, and then like most girl raiders, (and yes most is the correct term, because you have played with a girl who didn't have issues at one point playing WoW good for you, you are a minority) she took up an attitude problem and just wanted to argue with people, to the extent where when someone called her a name, she left guild. Girls generally are also loot whores, not much different from their out of game persona too.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Says the "man" who's never been around, let alone touched, a woman. Sexism and racism are equally disgusting. Grow up a little and experience life, woman hater.
    You sound a lot more stuck up than me.

Also i can't say if you are a feminist or some guy who places women on pedestals. Either way is pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not saying it's only girls but I know I've had bad experiences with female raiders in the past. There was even one time we were doing Ulduar 25man for achievements about 2 months ago where a female in the guild screwed up one of the achievements and our GM said something along the lines of "there goes another achievement". She took it completely the wrong way, hearthed, logged off, and deleted all of her characters.....never heard from her again.
    "Ret paladins have been in a beta stage for 8 years, one day we will be ready for launch." - anaxie

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Budd View Post
    Girls generally are also loot whores, not much different from their out of game persona too.
    That is an obnoxious and truly ignorant post

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, after having read several of the posts in this thread I have a feeling I am in reality male o.O.

Oh joy, what a mess you have created!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    They raid without healers?
    or feast ?

10+ Year Old Account
    some men tend to act childish when a woman is in presence, they're all trying to be cool,funny and alpha at the same time and that's annoying when you try to get progression !

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop the bickering and insulting, it's not needed

Anyway, back in BC you actually saw 'no girls' quite a lot in top guilds. Since then more women have gotten into video games and the average skill level has increased.

Most of the time, the number of bad males is probably equal to bad females. The difference is, women that feel the need to say IM A GIRL over and over are normally really bad at the game. You have probably played with plenty of women you assumed were average to good skill level males.

As for guilds excluding women, women cause drama. Not always due to the woman herself, but the men who assume she wants to love and procreate with them. Attention whore males are normally just ignored by all parties. Attentionwhore females cause rifts. I've been in multiple top guilds over the years, and while I've always seemed to have to prove myself more than the males, what's between my legs was never a problem.

We always had strict rules when recruiting though: if during the recruiting process the girl needs to whore it up in vent or make sure everyone knows she has tits, it's an auto decline. Apparently a lot of people in this thread think that's wrong. I personally loved the rule, all our female raiders were skilled and not morons.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manhands View Post
    Are you Fenixdown of <Inspect Her Gadget>? Probably not, you're probably the one in <Wrath>. But I'm going to pretend and chuckle to myself for a bit.
    I think you'll have to let the rest of us in on the joke here, because I certainly don't get it.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

It's because they're generally terrible at the game. Not all of them but on average most are and it's not worth the risk. Part of that reason is because idiot guys hand them things when they put in little to no effort because they have a vagina and thus don't learn anything because they're getting rewarded for it. AKA the entire concept of Blizzard currently. Basically women attract and bring out the retard in other players. In my 4 years playing this game I've literally only met 1 great female raider and 1 good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Tearrs View Post
    Only guilds who are not lead well enough to deal with potential drama will not accept females. Any well structured, well lead guild can easily deal with any drama that a member (male for female) can bring.
    ^This. Very well said.

I can also understand guilds having a "no female" rule because of their atmosphere. Probably a lot of slang and insults thrown around from one guy to another that is meant jokingly, whereas a woman would take offense and complain or be disgusted, and the guild rather not censor themselves or change their personas. One reason anyway.

The rest has been listed in this thread many times over, the two big ones being a lot of women are attention whores and intentionally create the drama, the other is a lot of guys don't get much social interaction with women outside the game, or at least with women who have common interests and flock to the female gamer, creating drama for him, her, and everyone else involved.

As a woman, I really don't take offense to their rule. It is their decision and plenty of better guilds to pick from that are concerned with only skill, not gender.

@Flip: Sorry hun, couldn't read your post. It was actually literate and out of character for you. I can only understand your slang.

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyelf View Post
    Not saying it's only girls but I know I've had bad experiences with female raiders in the past. There was even one time we were doing Ulduar 25man for achievements about 2 months ago where a female in the guild screwed up one of the achievements and our GM said something along the lines of "there goes another achievement". She took it completely the wrong way, hearthed, logged off, and deleted all of her characters.....never heard from her again.
    Exactly how do you know she deleted all her characters if she was never heard from again? This sounds like another person assuming something they have no idea about. Maybe she just transfered.

On the topic of the OP, my raid team has several female players, almost 1/2 and we have progressed fine. I personally find the female players to be more focused and in tune with the fight mechanics than most of the male players we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakokun View Post
    Is anyone else bothered by that cellphone rule too?
    This made me LOL. What a ridiculous list of requirements.

But back to the topic at hand, I've seen more drama in WoW caused by males incapable of dealing with the possibility that something with a vagina, somewhere, would be talking to them than I've ever seen a female player start.

I've seen forums posters ( both male and female ) tell players that they deserved the crappy sexist responses/actions/whatever happened to them simply made it clear that they were a female.

When I see stuff like this, I'm just disappointed that alot of the online game communities I frequent have a subgroup of people who seem to thrive on trying to shame each other in any possible way that they can.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    It's because they're generally terrible at the game. Not all of them but on average most are .
    Woaaa wait a sec! Would you agree that on average there are more Men/Boys that play this game than women? As well would you also agree that most people that play the game are generally terrible at it (if you don't think this roll an alt and level through lfg)? Thus on average most guys are are terrible at the game as well!

Think back to any drama in any guild you've ever been in. It's probably been caused by either A) Females, or B) Loot. At least you can cut out one of these.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric View Post
    TOP guilds. Not bottom guilds, in top guilds no one is afraid to get out preformed by anyone.
    well this guild appartenly calls themself "top" guild, i was just speakin of the thing OP linked
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Because they are sexist, didn't think we needed 17 pages to figure that one out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saffa View Post
    I, old female, feel the same way about males going through puberty tbh - our guild calls them bed wetters and we do not recruit them, whiny, drama-queens, needy, unpredictable and way too much trouble to deal with. They may play well, in-between rage-quits and tantrums but who needs them We are mainly mature players, quite a few couples, but usually the male joins because his female partner is in guild and loves it.
    I've had similar experience myself. In almost seven years of guild officering (if that wasn't a word before, it is now) and leading, younger males (14-18 age range) have been far more problematic than any females, by a country mile.
    We have always been hesitant about accepting applicants under 18 (guild chat can get pretty blue on occasion, and don't really want raiding to impact on school etc) and the few times we've bent that rule, we have regretted it.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Females in raiding guilds, in my opinion, have a bad rap. However, while there are outstanding female players, the combination of this particular game attracting a higher percentage of male players combined with a number of females in guildes only being accepted because they were dating/married to a GL or officer has caused a negative perception.

In my last raiding guild, we had 3 females who wanted to raid. One was exceptional, and I mean EXCEPTIONAL. One was the wife of the GM, and one had joined as a casual, then started wanting to raid after beginning a long distance relationship with an officer of the guild. The latter two were so bad that even our exceptional female player starting missing raids because the GL and Officer would insist their ladies be included, then vote for gear to be given to them disproportionately. The other officers and full time raiders finally had to tell the GL and Officer we were not raiding anymore until invites and loot were fair and people actually earned their spot. The Officer left the guild (then came back after the girl broke up with him) and the GL just disappeared for 6 months.

TLR - Too high a % of female players cause drama or expect to get by with poor game play + flirting. But there are some really good female players out there. Some guilds just decide not to risk it.