Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Small dilemma.. single word name or double!?

Hello ppl,

So I have this small dilemma.. Should I try to snipe the single word names or should I take double word names..

I've been playing many games before and got ussed to my single word names but every time I see double word names I find them alot more epic..

So what are your thought? Are you going with single or double word names and why?

T

Deleted
    Depends how fast you can get it.

I've got my main name reserved from GW1, which is okay as it's two words. There are three other names I'd like to snipe, one of which is a one-letter word that someone's used this last stress-test period. I'ma have to be quick on that, but the others I should be okay on.

Also, it sucks that I can't have the name "Bumbiter"

Deleted
    I'm so used to single names from the other MMOs I play that double ones seem weird to me. Still can't decide what the second name will be for my main if the one word name is taken.

Deleted
    asura/sylvari - single word

human - maybe double

since asura and sylvari don't have last names

Deleted
    I typically RP my characters in MMOs anyway, so I'm used to having a surname, even if it's typically not displayed.

Deleted
    Depends on race for me. Asura and sylvari single word names, human, charr and norn double names.
    I'll be following this rules: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...ing-resources/

I have one single-word name that I'd like to get. Other than that I have no issues with multi-word names.

And you can bet I'll be there clicking "Login" over and over and over again to try to be the first in to get that one name I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I'm so used to single names from the other MMOs I play that double ones seem weird to me. Still can't decide what the second name will be for my main if the one word name is taken.
    There is nothing better than naming yourself Carly Rae Jepsen. Nothing.
    +1000
    I hope to reserve some FF cast names. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post

human - maybe double

I use "title like" second names for my Sylvari

Deleted
    Cuppa Charr

It pleases me because people who aren't English won't know what that means.

Deleted
    Even tho Asura have no surname it's still cooler to see double names but like many ppl said some names I've been ussing for so long and probally been one of the first to use them but we shall see what happens.. might just do double if a name is taken.

No surnames for me. Even if I give roleplaying in GW2 a go, I don't want my character's surname floating about!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd have to go single, double looks too weird for me. I used a double in BEW3 and it annoyed me so much lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Main character will be single named. Alts will have the same first name and a surname related to the prefession or race
    Arukas

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post

human - maybe double

Pretty much this, I still need to decide a name for my Sylvari.

Deleted
    I wanted a double name though i was wondering, when someone invites you to a party to they need to type herpaderpa herpderp
    or just the 1st? or does it go diffrently? i never played gw before so ;S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    I use "title like" second names for my Sylvari
    ^I've been doing this as well.

Also, in regards to Asura names, from the wiki:
    Asura do not have a last name, instead opting to use job titles, a krewe name, or honorifics to differentiate themselves
    So perhaps that'll give people some ideas.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-16 at 07:51 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    "Wookeh the Hung" , trololol.

But no, i'd like a single word name but i'm fairly sure 99.9% of them will be taken after 24 hours as i already know several people who are "reserving" several names on different servers "just incase they ever want it", rediculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post

But no, i'd like a single word name but i'm fairly sure 99.9% of them will be taken after 24 hours as i already know several people who are "reserving" several names on different servers "just incase they ever want it", rediculous.
    Or just because they can.

---------- Post added 2012-08-16 at 03:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Waifu View Post
    I wanted a double name though i was wondering, when someone invites you to a party to they need to type herpaderpa herpderp
    or just the 1st? or does it go diffrently? i never played gw before so ;S
    Hopefully you'll be able to invite them by their account name.

As an example, I might make a character named "Legolas Pointy Ears" but the account name you will see on your friends list or on guild rosters is DrakeWurrum.6049 (along with a column that shows what character I'm currently using). Hopefully, people can just whsiper/invite/whatever by interacting with DrakeWurrum.6049.

(also: no way in hell would I make such a ridiculous name, just making a point!)
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-16 at 08:17 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post

I read somewhere, not sure where, that names were globally unique, like if you get any name on any server no one else can get it on any other server. Anyone know if this is true or not?