Page 42 of 72 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think its a little bit to much kung fu panda, but I like the trailer. A shame that playing a monk is nothing like its shown in the trailer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome cinematic, truly awesome. However, isn't it a bit contradictory to the intent of the expansion for the human and orc to have fought the Pandaren together? I mean, it was only a brief moment, but it IS the opening cinematic to an expansion Blizzard has said a few times is supposed to center around the Horde and Alliance conflict.

Anyway, it's silly nitpicking. Great trailer.
    Playing Path of Exile and Guild Wars 2

Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    Nothing shows the alliance vs horde conflict more than a human giving an orc his weapon to fight someone who is trying to break up their fight.

/facepalm

That's Warcraft in a nutshell! The Alliance and Horde are constantly fighting each other until someone new shows up; they team up, kick its arse, then go right back to fighting each other!

It's like the British and the French.
    The British being the Horde.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharpy View Post
    Ya i think Karadros got it right sadly..
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRagebear View Post
    Sylvanas is flawless and should be canonized as a saint.

Deleted
    The white on its face it too white.

Deleted
    The cinematic chars look like a commercial for toys..

I really didn't like the "funny" moments, like when the Panda grabbed the Orcs hammer, and placed it back on it's pedestal with a funny look on his face and straw in his mouth.

Everything else was really really awesome though
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

Deleted
    I was feeling good about WoW today...who knew watching that cinematic would make me want to finally quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    I was feeling good about WoW today...who knew watching that cinematic would make me want to finally quit.
    A bluu-bluu-bluu.
    Sorry, we'll give you more lava-spewing bad guys for you to slay, so you can get your 'manly' points up and not feel so ashamed for playing a fantasy game online.
    I guess I should throw out my Zelda stuff too, even though those games are enjoyable. Oh bother.

Surely there will be PvP balance in this game with Monks being passed the OP torch, yes?

=P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karadros View Post
    It's like the British and the French.
    The British being the Horde.
    You hit the spot...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cammancy View Post
    Hahah! I love how the comments rollar-coaster between 'OMG CHILDISH IT FUCKING SUX DOWN DOWN NO THIS GAME IS GARBAGE' to 'OMG I LOVE IT, CAN'T WAIT. '
    Probably depends on when you started to play WoW. I started in vanilla and I don´t see anything now that would want me to play the game any longer. People that started in Wrath of the Lich King or in Cata probably will play this one since they haven´t seen so much about the game still.

But in my opinion the game is going downhill and fast as hell.
    Last edited by mmoce01e91b901; 2012-08-16 at 04:32 PM.

I love the trailer because it shows exactly what Blizzard told us MoP will be all about:
    Pandaria and its way of living showing us, the Horde and the Alliance, what fools we are with our silly fights.

Its amazing they managed to get this message so clearly into this short vid.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    I really didn't like the "funny" moments, like when the Panda grabbed the Orcs hammer, and placed it back on it's pedestal with a funny look on his face and straw in his mouth.

Everything else was really really awesome though
    Ever watched a Jackie Chan movie? That's the effect they were going for with it.

if the two guys are mages...

Deleted
    Target audience for this cinematic.

The orc was very stupid, clownish n failed like a cartoon character tripping over shit all the time to get kids to laugh...

Clearly it was targeting the Kung Fu Panda audience to come over to MoP. Cinematic to be recognizable to them...
    Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2012-08-16 at 04:36 PM.

People keep making Kung Fu Panda references (even though Panderans were before that movie), but this really reminded me of scenes in Kung Fu Panda.

I liked it but it definitely wasn't as good as previous ones. I really don't get why they need the horde/ally to come together to fight a panda when war b/t the factions is huge in this xpack. Also, I might have to roll a monk now since they are that OP

Quote Originally Posted by Madscar View Post
    Chen, Nazgrim and Taylor?
    Sounds correct

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cammancy View Post
    A bluu-bluu-bluu.
    Sorry, we'll give you more lava-spewing bad guys for you to slay, so you can get your 'manly' points up and not feel so ashamed for playing a fantasy game online.
    I guess I should throw out my Zelda stuff too, even though those games are enjoyable. Oh bother.
    It's sad that everyone that defends the cinematic thinks that those that oppose it care about being manly. It's about more than that, but obviously some 12 year old like you with a pony avatar can't be expected to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Papaj View Post
    Back in the mid 70's there was this thing called CGI, short for Computer generated Imaging, and I hear it can make even the most atrocious of things look good (see Final Fantasy XIV trailers). When the game starts looking half as good as that I'll be minimally intrigued.

I personally am glad I came to my senses and dropped this franchise before the quality went completely down the garbage chute, by even the most lax of standards. This intro cinematic falls way short of the previous expansions' intros on so many levels. Where was the story of the expansion? Where were the chills running down my spine as I watched the narration build into the antagonists debut? Where was the depth from the other trailers (even the original trailer got me sitting on the edge of my seat 8 years later because of the atmosphere it created)?
    I'm guessing you (like many here) need to be banged in the face with deliberate imagery to understand the subtlety of this trailer so I'll give this go to address your "where was the story of the expansion?" point. Everything you said after that was a matter of personal opinion that no one can debate because that's how you personally felt. Again, I honestly can't see how anyone could miss this but here goes.

0:00 - 1:59 - We see the alliance and the horde battling over sea and land, their conflict seems never ending. This means that we will see the conflict between the horde and alliance play a major part of this expansion. They fight it out for almost half the trailer! They discover a new land and even then the only thing they can think about is killing each other. Their physical actions are a metaphor (since you obviously missed that) for their conflict.

2:00 - End - Up until this point in the trailer, and by extension WoW as a whole, there have only been two major factions vying for supremacy, neither gaining the upper-hand. Both factions take blows but still fight on - but then a new fighter enters the ring, a new faction. The Pandaren did not attack them out-right, he merely staid their blows. This translates to the Pandaren being the wench between the factions. The Pandaren know little of war but they know how to fight and to defend. This 'Defense' concept plays out a lot in the trailer. The Monk does not attack directly, he merely suggests action with his defense, never trying to issue a killing blow. The Horde and Alliance soon realize that if they're to make any ground they must ally themselves to face this new threat as they have done at times before. However, this is still not enough to finish the fight. The Monk shows them why he is so strong, why he is what he is by showing them (and us) what it is he fights for. We see the discipline of the monks training on a precipice. We see the farmland and life that his people have created here and he will not stand for anything trying to end that existence. He sees that they understand, grabs his brew, and continues on his journey.

Get it now?
    Last edited by Vallius; 2012-08-16 at 04:37 PM.
    "No better burden can a man carry on the road than a store of common sense." - Hávamál, st. 10

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sareth View Post
    I know I'm a mod and supposed to be all nice and everything but...really? A cinematic makes you want to quit? Really? That's like starting a book that you think is great, go read the blurb on the back, turn around and go, "Naw man, this book is bad now, I'm gonna go read Fifty Shades of Grey". It's a trailer for a game, not the actual game itself. If this makes you want to quit, then how come you made it through the Mage Polymorphing someone into a falling sheep during the TBC trailer or a Tauren using a log to fight a Dwarf in the Vanilla trailer?
    BfA Beta Time