Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowstep View Post
    So if i dont agree with you and i REALLY DONT LIKE THIS GAME (played 2 bw... only, i know) im brain dead?
    have fun in that game, from what ive read and experience its an overhyped game that doesnt live to the expectations...
    but its my opinion...
    and with that kind of rude players that bash anyone that doesnt think like them..... good luck
    Because posting
    So from what i´ve read in this thread, is that the things you do at max lvl are the same things you will do at lvl1?
    rofl....good game indeed
    absolutely isn't rude...right?

Don't care if you have a different opinion, but a) don't actively seek out and flame people who do, and b) try to actually present a real argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

I don't know why people just won't come out and say "I like the idea of being able to win because I 'worked' for better gear" or "I like raids and don't like the fact GW2 has none, so it diminishes in value for me". It's as if they're scared to say it, yet love to dance around it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    I don't know why people just won't come out and say "I like the idea of being able to win because I 'worked' for better gear" or "I like raids and don't like the fact GW2 has none, so it diminishes in value for me". It's as if they're scared to say it, yet love to dance around it.
    Because, friend, people don't like being civil. People like to automatically assume that everyone who doesn't agree with them must hate them. People don't like admitting they have a problem - To them, it's the game that has the problem.

Some people don't even want to like it, they're so attached to their old habits and they're scared to let go and try something new.

And then again, some people are just stupid. That's life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glordif View Post
    Not really because it isn’t guaranteed to drop a piece of gear you can use. So it’s running the same instance over and over.
    Still a higher chance to get gear that you can use/gear that you want, relative to your chance of getting that really bad-ass-looking weapon from the final boss of the raid that you spent all week wiping to. Wait, you mean you wanted a weapon that looked bad-ass because it looked bad-ass, not just because it had good stats? O_o

Blasphemy, I know.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    you cut out my relatively long response to the goal-less nonsense
    The system did it automatically. We don't have a lot of control over it. It's just a process of tpA -> tpB and it all gets smushed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Still a higher chance to get gear that you can use/gear that you want, relative to your chance of getting that really bad-ass-looking weapon from the final boss of the raid that you spent all week wiping to. Wait, you mean you wanted a weapon that looked bad-ass because it looked bad-ass, not just because it had good stats? O_o

Blasphemy, I know.
    I wouldn't even try to argue against this, Drake. Put it this way:

Lesser of two evils? Ever heard of it? I'd rather run a dungeon where I get guaranteed loot from every damn boss than do a raid that can only be run once a week where there's 1) A chance my shit won't drop and 2) A chance even if it does that I'll be outrolled.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WorldofWorkcraft View Post
    Over the last year and a half, I had to give up 25m raiding since it pretty much got killed off. I was in 2 guilds that downsized to 10m, finally I gave up and went the 10m route. But I missed the epic feel of 25m raiding terribly.

With the World Boss DE's I get that feeling back. It's glorious
    And some poor GL doesn't have to kill himself by trying to keep it together.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The system did it automatically. We don't have a lot of control over it. It's just a process of tpA -> tpB and it all gets smushed.
    I see... nah I'm going to safe my longer posts on word from now on

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    That's the best part about not having raid content. Completely serious.

Having to lead and coordinate a group of people is just a serious pain in the ass and a ridiculous amount of work for a game. I guess if you want to do that, you can go do WvWvW and become a squad commander, but I highly doubt that will be nearly as taxing as having to lead, organize, and maintain a 30-man raid roster that requires a specific number of tank/dps/healer roles.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-16 at 08:43 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Plus dungeons - REAL dungeons, not some glorified loot hallway
    Valar morghulis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    I know that feel bro

My guild was so bad it was funny. It was like leading a rag-tag group of hobos, drunks and cripples with short attention spans. It got me so angry at the time but now that I look back on it I just laugh at how bad we all were.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    I know that feel bro

My guild was so bad it was funny. It was like leading a rag-tag group of hobos, drunks and cripples with short attention spans. It got me so angry at the time but now that I look back on it I just laugh at how bad we all were.
    I'm in the same boat, except I'm still angry about it, and never wanting to go through it again.

Well i know why i wanna get to 80. Because then i can beat the game!!

Dont pokemon stop at level 200? and cant you battle pokemon? So whats the incintive to battle pokemon that are make level that can no longer gain stats at level 200? Oh thats right its to have FUN. Your supposed to play games for fun. If you can only have fun because your numbers keep increasing then im pretty sure someone can make a flash game out their with an infinite leveling system and exponential damage multipliers.

Deleted
    Guess it has some perks when it comes to WvW

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in the same boat, except I'm still angry about it, and never wanting to go through it again.
    Sucks even worse when they're real life friends. It's hard telling people they suck (nicely) and they need to buck up or else they can't raid with you. Or that they can't be a certain spec because it doesn't do the right numbers. I'm soooo glad there's no Skada/Recount in GW2.

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss
    I DOODLE!

Deleted
    Guess I got over it cause I parted from that guild to move to my Girlfriend's realm and left a trusted officer in charge. Took 'em until 4.3 to clear BWD, bless 'em.

I set up a proper raiding guild at my GF's realm and we managed to actually rope in a load of decent raiders (albeit lazy and big headed raiders) to actually clear some content before we quit out of boredom. Turns out doing endgame wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

Quote Originally Posted by rhandric View Post
    Because posting
    absolutely isn't rude...right?

Don't care if you have a different opinion, but a) don't actively seek out and flame people who do, and b) try to actually present a real argument.
    ...that really is not a rude thing to say, unless you are choosing to take it as a personal attack.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muchtoohigh View Post
    ...that really is not a rude thing to say, unless you are choosing to take it as a personal attack.
    It's actually a fairly "rude" thing to post, yes. "Good game indeed, lol" in such a sarcastic manner is just uncalled for, and serves no purpose but stirring up the hornet's nest.

That's the best part about not having raid content. Completely serious.

Having to lead and coordinate a group of people is just a serious pain in the ass and a ridiculous amount of work for a game. I guess if you want to do that, you can go do WvWvW and become a squad commander, but I highly doubt that will be nearly as taxing as having to lead, organize, and maintain a 30-man raid roster that requires a specific number of tank/dps/healer roles.
    I would argue that is the worst part. Based on everything I've seen, read, and played in beta, there is far too much mindless spamming in the game. Groups don't matter at all. Yes you are playing 'with people' in DE and world bosses, but for all practical purposes you are solo because there is zero need to interact with those players.

*~To change one's life: Start immediately. Do it flamboyantly.~*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    Guess I got over it cause I parted from that guild to move to my Girlfriend's realm and left a trusted officer in charge. Took 'em until 4.3 to clear BWD, bless 'em.

I set up a proper raiding guild at my GF's realm and we managed to actually rope in a load of decent raiders (albeit lazy and big headed raiders) to actually clear some content before we quit out of boredom. Turns out doing endgame wasn't all it was cracked up to be.
    What's left of my guild is still doing H DS - selling runs and doing it 4x a week on alts.
    They are about ready to kill each other from boredom.
    Valar morghulis