10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cusco View Post
    To be honest, it isn't, really. At that resolution, it could just as well be a $200 camera and Photoshop.
    Thanks buddy, you're cute.

But what about at the resolution it was intended for? I thumbnailed it last time because it is very large. http://i.imgur.com/MD7ju.jpg (2916x1944)

I took this picture of myself with a professional camera, for the sake of honesty there has been no editting involved in this version, only minor make up the day that I took it.

But I really do hate the my face, my cheeks are way too fat and it looks like I still have baby fat. My lips are awkward and not straight which really bothers me. My boobs are too small and I wish they were bigger.

My thighs are huge but you can't see that in the picture.

The entire reason I even started playing video games was because I was too embarrassed about myself and I preferred to be away from physical contact with other people and play games like league of legends, tf2 or whatever happens to look fun on steam and so on.

Incase people are still calling BS then go ahead and search the image in google yourself and you will find zero other copies out there because this is a picture that I took of myself, not something I stole from someone's facebook. Here, I even did it for you https://www.google.ca/search?tbs=sbi...h=947&biw=1920

If you really want I will take another picture of myself tomorrow morning with a timestamp.

In hindsight it was probably a bad idea to post that on an account named "SerialKiller", looked very suspicious and fake I'm sure.
    Last edited by This name sucks; 2012-08-17 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Methanar View Post
    But I really do hate the my face, my cheeks are way too fat and it looks like I still have baby fat. My lips are awkward and not straight which really bothers me. My boobs are too small and I wish they were bigger.

The entire reason I even started playing video games was because I was too embarrassed about myself and I preferred to be away from physical contact with other people and play games like league of legends, tf2 or whatever happens to look fun on steam and so on.
    Lol.

p.s. nice photos everyone
    Last edited by Rumpy; 2012-08-17 at 09:18 PM.

But what about at the resolution it was intended for? I thumbnailed it last time because it is very large. http://i.imgur.com/MD7ju.jpg (2916x1944)

I took this picture of myself with a professional camera, for the sake of honesty there has been no editting involved in this version, only minor make up the day that I took it.

Please stop begging for attention with this, it's pathetic. This is post an image of yourself thread, not, call yourself fat/ugly thread so people can tell you how you're not.

This goes for everyone.
    Last edited by Digglett; 2012-08-17 at 01:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Fair enough, that's better quality than you get from a $200 camera. You or somebody else may regard it a professional camera and I suppose that's fine, in a sense. However, I am highly doubtful that it is, in fact, a camera that is, by the manufacturer, aimed at professional users. I am also highly doubtful that dedicated photo stores would market it as a professional camera.

I currently own a Nikon D7000, worth $1100 in the US (that's without a lens) and that's designed and marketed as amateur/enthusiast. When it comes to Nikon, and with the arguable exception of the D300s (some professionals simply need the APS-c 1.5x factor), you don't reach cameras designed and marketed as "professional" before the D800, which is $3000 in the US (also without a lens). Other brands tell a very similar story.

I took the following, unedited picture with a four year old Nikon D60 which, even when it was new, was designed and marketed as an entry level amateur-camera. It cost $740 (with a lens and small, external flash included) here in Sweden, and do note that Sweden has high taxes.
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/47223871/DSC_0162.jpg
    Whilst it's true that the lens, a 50/1,4, is techically regarded professional, it's an old model, one of the absolute cheapest professional lenses and its strongest selling point has been beaten by the non-professional, even cheaper 50/1,8G.

What I'm trying to say isn't that money == quality (although I understand that it might be easy to think that's what I believe, based on this reply). What I'm trying to say is that you have to go very, very far up to find cameras that are actually designed and marketed as professional and those are the only cameras that I, personally, refer to when speaking about professional equipment.

If the camera that took your photo is a Nikon D3100, Canon 1100D, Pentax K-x or Sony A37, then fair enough, they're good cameras capable of very good image quality, even better than in your photo, not trying to bash but it's simple fact. It's just that I will not agree that any of them are professional, and neither is the camera that took your photo, unless the photo isn't a fair represention of the camera's potential. You do get A LOT of bang for your buck these days, even great quality doesn't require professional equipment.
    Last edited by Cusco; 2012-08-17 at 01:54 PM.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    I chuckled when I saw this. Insincerely mocking someone who's clearly taller than you is a pretty humorous way to take a picture. I love your facial expression that says "pffft. Look at shorty over here!" I enjoyed it
    We mock each others with how short/tall we are like 100 times a day, i am glad that you liked it

And to be fair to him

---------- Post added 2012-08-17 at 03:54 PM ----------

Fair enough, that's better quality than you get from a $200 camera. You or somebody else may regard it a professional camera and I suppose that's fine, in a sense. However, I am highly doubtful that it is, in fact, a camera that is, by the manufacturer, aimed at professional users. I am also highly doubtful that dedicated photo stores would market it as a professional camera.

I currently own a Nikon D7000, worth $1100 in the US (that's without a lens) and that's designed and marketed as amateur/enthusiast. When it comes to Nikon, and with the arguable exception of the D300s (some professionals simply need the APS-c 1.5x factor), you don't reach cameras designed and marketed as "professional" before the D800, which is $3000 in the US (also without a lens). Other brands tell a very similar story.

I took the following, unedited picture with a four year old Nikon D60 which, even when it was new, was designed and marketed as an entry level amateur-camera. It cost $740 (with a lens and small, external flash included) here in Sweden, and do note that Sweden has high taxes.
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/47223871/DSC_0162.jpg
    Whilst it's true that the lens, a 50/1,4, is techically regarded professional, it's an old model, one of the absolute cheapest professional lenses and its strongest selling point has been beaten by the non-professional, even cheaper 50/1,8G.

What I'm trying to say isn't that money == quality (although I understand that it might be easy to think that's what I believe, based on this reply). What I'm trying to say is that you have to go very, very far up to find cameras that are actually designed and marketed as professional and those are the only cameras that I, personally, refer to when speaking about professional equipment.

If the camera that took your photo is a Nikon D3100, Canon 1100D, Pentax K-x or Sony A37, then fair enough, they're good cameras capable of very good image quality, even better than in your photo, not trying to bash but it's simple fact. It's just that I will not agree that any of them are professional, and neither is the camera that took your image, unless the photo isn't a fair represention of the camera's potential. You do get A LOT of bang for your buck these days, even great quality doesn't require professional equipment.
    Give me one reason why you aren't handling Vildhjarta's pictures please >_<
    "In space, no one can hear you unless you scream!"

10+ Year Old Account

People think you are lying because you are extremely attractive, stunning actually. Your full cheeks (which are gorgeous) make you look happy and youthful, and will make you look young for much longer. Trust me, I had similar complaints about myself, including my size 40 hips on a 5"2 body, and I'd get similar replies from people. Eventually I had to accept that I didn't see myself the way that everyone else does, and worked very hard to change my attitude even if I still see nothing but flaws in the mirror. Biting my tongue when I received compliments eventually got me into the habit of acceptance, and reduced the frustrations from friends/family who hated me putting myself down (and turned off a lot of potential boyfriends). You're not going to simply stop feeling this way; you will have to work hard to combat these feelings.

Body Dysmorphic Disorder, look it up. See someone about this.
    Last edited by Kirse; 2012-08-17 at 03:13 PM.
    "Healing is a game of Hungry Hungry Hippos. All the healers try to gobble all the marbles up. Disc priests take the marbles off the board."

These are from February-ish. I'm not quite as scruffy these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Riftcrusher View Post
    We mock each others with how short/tall we are like 100 times a day, i am glad that you liked it

And to be fair to him

---------- Post added 2012-08-17 at 03:54 PM ----------

Out of curiosity, how old are you two? You look like you're a bit older than him, but that may just be the facial hair and the way the picture was taken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Yeah, ok. Please do.
    Sad to see this attention-seeking trick actually works.

Now, can everyone please stop pretending to be X person?
    Can I pretend to be Remilia Scarlet?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Can I pretend to be Remilia Scarlet?
    To build on this, can I pretend to be Sakuya?

Can I pretend to be Zefie?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    To build on this, can I pretend to be Sakuya?
    No you're not allowed.

10+ Year Old Account
    The band?
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Mynta Vali Daseriu View Post
    Out of curiosity, how old are you two? You look like you're a bit older than him, but that may just be the facial hair and the way the picture was taken.
    I am 31 and he is turning 30 this year

---------- Post added 2012-08-18 at 12:35 AM ----------

The band?
    Yes sir! Hudiksvall is where they're at

Quote Originally Posted by -Dalliah- View Post
    Yeah, ok. Please do.
    Sad to see this attention-seeking trick actually works.

Now, can everyone please stop pretending to be X person?
    Finally, somebody confirming what we all (hopefully) already knew!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes sir! Hudiksvall is where they're at
    Perhaps if I bump into them at some point, but until then, photographing concerts/for albums isn't my strong side. I'm much more for unplanned and scenery.
    Last edited by Cusco; 2012-08-17 at 11:42 PM.
    Linkedin - Portfolio

I'm much more for unplanned and scenery.
    Which is why i asked, if you'll check their stuff you'll understand what i mean

10+ Year Old Account
    Fair enough!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirse View Post
    snip
    Nice of you to offer support but he's just an immature little brat taking advantage of both of our goodwill. I fell for it too. I, for one, appreciate your kind heart, even if the recipient wasn't actually who your comment was meant to address. Not sure why he didn't get another ban; he basically picked up where he left off after his last one. I hate to see good and trusting people taken advantage of, so I'm going to give you +200 Internets. That should cover it.

Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    Nice of you to offer support but he's just an immature little brat taking advantage of both of our goodwill. I fell for it too. I, for one, appreciate your kind heart, even if the recipient wasn't actually who your comment was meant to address. Not sure why he didn't get another ban; he basically picked up where he left off after his last one. I hate to see good and trusting people taken advantage of, so I'm going to give you +200 Internets. That should cover it.
    I agree. She wrote a very good, informative, and encouraging post. It's a shame it's wasted on a faker.

Kirse - save that, I'm sure there's real people here who need to hear it