Thread: Post Your UI

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremypwnz View Post
    I use align, still tough to get everything centered correctly.
    Well then I'm not sure what to tell you! Sorry!

Signature Designer | PM Requests: OPEN | Realm: Eonar - US

I use align, still tough to get everything centered correctly.
    Might be obvious, but you can adjust the size of the grid.

'/align 220' will give you the smallest available grid.

With that, you should manage to line up most things as long as your hand is steady.

New to making UI's but open to as much critique as possible!

And a link explaining what everything is

One thing I really hate is my unitframes for my target and player, please, give me hell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaias View Post
    New to making UI's but open to as much critique as possible!
    [IMG]
    And a link explaining what everything is
    [IMG]
    One thing I really hate is my unitframes for my target and player, please, give me hell
    Okay - here we go.

1. You don't need your name on your Player Frame, unless you forget it frequently.
    2. Do you need damage AND healing meters? You only ever play one role at a time.
    3. Why is your normal and crit damage separated to such an extent? I'd consolidate, or pick one that is more necessary and ditch the other.
    4. Fix your power auras icons, they look squished.
    5. For a better over all aesthetic, check out Masque (to even out button frames)
    6. I'd check out sUF, stuf, or Pitbull for better Unit Frames.

That's what I'd change, to start. Feel free to ignore any of my ideas if they conflict with your personal requirements, it's your UI after all!
    Senit UI -- outdated. Update... soon... maybe...

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's what mine looked like back in February or so. Quit around March but am coming back...I may make some tweaks or just start over again. Kind of a cluster of a UI. *cough*

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/2963/...2412213229.jpg

...Tried about 12 times to shrink it to a thumbnail but apparently I'm a derpwad and can't do it. :| So I'll just leave it as a link and not end up taking up so much space.
    Last edited by Ryuji; 2012-08-17 at 05:48 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakpoth View Post
    I find it unreasonable to ask for other than obvious reasons, when the reason obviously is the obvious reason.
    Armory: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ch.../dalaran/ryuji

Song that's currently stuck in my head: pretty much anything from Dance With the Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Senit View Post
    Okay - here we go.

1. You don't need your name on your Player Frame, unless you forget it frequently.
    2. Do you need damage AND healing meters? You only ever play one role at a time.
    3. Why is your normal and crit damage separated to such an extent? I'd consolidate, or pick one that is more necessary and ditch the other.
    4. Fix your power auras icons, they look squished.
    5. For a better over all aesthetic, check out Masque (to even out button frames)
    6. I'd check out sUF, stuf, or Pitbull for better Unit Frames.

That's what I'd change, to start. Feel free to ignore any of my ideas if they conflict with your personal requirements, it's your UI after all!
    Thank you for your input!
    1) I prob dont, change inc
    2) I actually heal and dps back and forth quite frequently, but no, I dont at the same time.
    3) My normal damage I keep down there so it's out of the way, and I guess im a crit whore and like to see those big hits
    4) I'm prob going to make them smaller, and then spread them out more, I was trying to consolidate all my CD's and need to know auras in the same space
    5) I may be missing this, but are you referring to CLCRet buttons? Cause I have all my bars hidden
    6) I have, but I am TERRIBLE with customization sadly =(

I do appreciate all the feedback you've given me a lot to consider

10+ Year Old Account
    http://i.imgur.com/OOMn6.jpg - combat

Feel the right side is a bit heavy. I like my white borders.

My pet name is "Unit type" so I know whether I have a cat or a wolf or a turtle out.

For some reason there is a tiny black bar underneath my Pet, Player, Target, and Boss1 unit frames I can't seem to get rid of with the current placement of the frames.

I can't seem to center my Rangedisplay and my Serenity stuff, because their placement is placed by dragging.

Opinions?
    1. If you have to keep your white borders fine, (Personally i despise them but hey! Its just a opinion) just separate them out, especially your buff bar, it creates this blocky effect that looks aesthetically unappealing and kinda clumps that section of your UI. As well as decrease your buff text size.
    2.Font choice. If you dont want to go the pixel route, i personally love the font Accidental Presidency. GREAT sans serif font, I literally use it ALL the time as a Graphic Designer.
    3. Hide those minimap buttons. Please.
    4.I dunno about you but seeing what abilities do what damage in MSBT is kinda of pointless, just config it to show the numbers. I can show you how, or you can just play around in MSBT. Also if you have Coolline active, turn off the static and notification on MSBT, kinda of annoying pointless info if ya ask me, in a a unappealing way as well.
    5.Move your boss frames, its making your UI slant heavy towards the right.
    6.To help the slant even more, try to off set your Frames, such as put your target frame up higher and keep your frame lower. Stagger ya know?
    7.You need to move your raid frames. I would suggest top left, maybe list them down single file? it will give your UI a better balance because its quite empty up there, and there is a lot of unused space.

I hope that helped ! All constructive! I didn't give any feedback on unit frames because i feel that is TOTALLY subjective to the player

*edit. your pet bar should be smaller, it doesnt need to be that large.
    Last edited by Ricen; 2012-08-17 at 05:54 AM.

When a wild forum troll appears

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaias View Post
    Thank you for your input!
    1) I prob dont, change inc
    2) I actually heal and dps back and forth quite frequently, but no, I dont at the same time.
    3) My normal damage I keep down there so it's out of the way, and I guess im a crit whore and like to see those big hits
    4) I'm prob going to make them smaller, and then spread them out more, I was trying to consolidate all my CD's and need to know auras in the same space
    5) I may be missing this, but are you referring to CLCRet buttons? Cause I have all my bars hidden
    6) I have, but I am TERRIBLE with customization sadly =(

I do appreciate all the feedback you've given me a lot to consider
    -5 I was referring to your buffs, primarily.
    -6 Check out Shadowed Unit Frames specifically, they're extremely easy to configure, in my opinion.
    Senit UI -- outdated. Update... soon... maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryuji View Post
    Here's what mine looked like back in February or so.
    You have far more information displayed than what could possibly affect your DPS.

If Raid frames are good enough to monitor four groups; it should be good enough to monitor your own group too. Meaning, you don't need Party frames.

And if you don't need Party frames, you certainly don't need Party Target frames. You can remove Party Pet frames while you're at it.

Target of Target of Target is a bit redundant.

With a Combat Text addon, you could get rid of all those numbers in the very centre of your screen so that you can see better. As melee, you already see bad enough. No reason why you should make it harder on yourself. Put the numbers around your character, rather than ontop of.

You could do with cleaning up your Player frame, and perhaps make that and your Target frame smaller in size. Then move them to a less awkward place. It's information you want to review constantly, and so it'd make sense to put them close to the centre of your screen where you are looking most of the time. Prioritize UI elements that way. Most vital information near/around the centre, and the spread outwards.

Spacing between UI elements could greatly be improved, too. Would give you a much cleaner look, and make it easier on the eyes.

There is a hundred other things you could do, but hopefully this is a start.

- Cowt; giving unsolicited advice all over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricen View Post
    1. If you have to keep your white borders fine, (Personally i despise them but hey! Its just a opinion) just separate them out, especially your buff bar, it creates this blocky effect that looks aesthetically unappealing and kinda clumps that section of your UI. As well as decrease your buff text size.
    2.Font choice. If you dont want to go the pixel route, i personally love the font Accidental Presidency. GREAT sans serif font, I literally use it ALL the time as a Graphic Designer.
    3. Hide those minimap buttons. Please.
    4.I dunno about you but seeing what abilities do what damage in MSBT is kinda of pointless, just config it to show the numbers. I can show you how, or you can just play around in MSBT. Also if you have Coolline active, turn off the static and notification on MSBT, kinda of annoying pointless info if ya ask me, in a a unappealing way as well.
    5.Move your boss frames, its making your UI slant heavy towards the right.
    6.To help the slant even more, try to off set your Frames, such as put your target frame up higher and keep your frame lower. Stagger ya know?
    7.You need to move your raid frames. I would suggest top left, maybe list them down single file? it will give your UI a better balance because its quite empty up there, and there is a lot of unused space.

your pet bar should be smaller, it doesnt need to be that large.
    Gonna try out some, not all, of the things you suggested.

I like the text, but feels kind of hard to read at times compared to Arial Narrow. I can't for the life of me figure out how to change the font in the box you type your messages in. Well, I change the typed out text, but the "Say:" part will not change.

In MSBT, I have static off, but I leave notification on. I turned off the Lock'n'load blizzard power aura thing.

1. How do I change the fonts of everything? Part of the reason I used Arial Narrow, it matched, or seemed to match, all of the blizzard text. (Escape menu, Interface menu, all that) I can't find a chat font setting in Tidyplates.

2. Is there a way to make the minimap buttons on Chinchilla mouseover? I like to check my time in queues and my tracking bubble is up there. What is the command, given I didn't somehow change it, for the calendar?

3. What is Coolline?

New and possibly improved UI

Might put my Needtoknow GCD's below my pet bar and make skada show only the top 3.

1. How do I change the fonts of everything? Part of the reason I used Arial Narrow, it matched, or seemed to match, all of the blizzard text. (Escape menu, Interface menu, all that) I can't find a chat font setting in Tidyplates.
    2. Is there a way to make the minimap buttons on Chinchilla mouseover? I like to check my time in queues and my tracking bubble is up there. What is the command, given I didn't somehow change it, for the calendar?
    3. What is Coolline?

New and possibly improved UI

Might put my Needtoknow GCD's below my pet bar and make skada show only the top 3.
    1. Fonter. Allows you to change the fonts pretty much everywhere
    2. Yes there is! There is a tab named something like... "Show/hide" I think. On there you can tick things with grey and yellow ticks. Grey ticks make things only appear on mouseover, and yellow ticks make things appear all the time. No ticks = no icon at all, ever.
    3. Coolline is a CD tracking AddOn

And here's a pretty arrow critique for you!
    http://screencast.com/t/6ASgO2v5CM

---------- Post added 2012-08-17 at 12:55 PM ----------

Here is a video of my UI in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJBjK...ature=youtu.be
    Does not show DBM, of course.

And for comedy value, this is my UI when I die :')
    Last edited by Pixil; 2012-08-17 at 11:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixil View Post
    1. Fonter. Allows you to change the fonts pretty much everywhere
    2. Yes there is! There is a tab named something like... "Show/hide" I think. On there you can tick things with grey and yellow ticks. Grey ticks make things only appear on mouseover, and yellow ticks make things appear all the time. No ticks = no icon at all, ever.
    3. Coolline is a CD tracking AddOn

And here's a pretty arrow critique for you!
    http://screencast.com/t/6ASgO2v5CM

---------- Post added 2012-08-17 at 12:55 PM ----------

Here is a video of my UI in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJBjK...ature=youtu.be
    Does not show DBM, of course.

And for comedy value, this is my UI when I die :')
    Pix! Ive started the oUF venture! But i was wondering if anyone here knows about KG panels?

Jeremy btw, hike up spam control in the msbt settings so you dont get bugged with like the 800 heals.
    Last edited by Ricen; 2012-08-17 at 12:41 PM.

When a wild forum troll appears

Quote Originally Posted by Ricen View Post
    Pix! Ive started the oUF venture! But i was wondering if anyone here knows about KG panels?
    I know a fair bit. This is what my UI looked like when I used it

I made a guide on my Guild forum about it AGES ago (I don't use it anymore) as some guildies were unsure of how to use it also. Hehe
    Will try find it now, see if it's still there!

EDIT: Found it. It's very short, and not so great, but it gives a general idea of how to get the panels working etc.
    Step 1. Choose a name for your layout and then click Create.
    http://i.imgur.com/dia25.jpg
    Your layout will then appear in the sidebar

Step 2. Click on Active Panels, and then make a name for your panel.
    http://i.imgur.com/M9Sq4.jpg
    After doing so, your panel will appear in the middle of your screen, and the name will appear in the sidebar
    http://i.imgur.com/nluZB.jpg

Step 3. You can then use the options for the panel, and Texture Options to configure it to whatever size, shape, and skin you want it to have.
    http://i.imgur.com/vwFU9.jpg

Actually not sure if the first step is necessary, but I have not played around with the AddOn for a while so I can't say for certain.
    Hope this helped!
    Last edited by Pixil; 2012-08-17 at 01:22 PM.

Deleted
    anyone know where i can get the list of all addons that ELVUI uses.... ive had a fukk full of elvui and reloading ui every 5 mins so im goin back to blizz ui but would like to know what some of the features are in lev so i can get them seperately. tx

There is no list, it's an all-in-one package.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

After holding true to my own UI for years, I finally gave ElvUI a try last week. Been configuring it to resemble what I'm used to play with, and I think it's been successful. Looking forward to not having 10-20 addons to update each patch!

- Before -

- After -

- Addons -
    ElvUI
    Fortexorcist
    Power Auras Classic
    Skada

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irisia View Post
    After holding true to my own UI for years, I finally gave ElvUI a try last week. Been configuring it to resemble what I'm used to play with, and I think it's been successful. Looking forward to not having 10-20 addons to update each patch!

- Before -
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/7GUJtm.jpg[/ IMG]

- After -
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/OLq37m.jpg[/ IMG]

- Addons -
    ElvUI
    Fortexorcist
    Power Auras Classic
    Skada
    Is it really necessary with such big cast bar?

As a ranged class, I find the cast bar to be one of the most important parts of my UI. Having it both large and centered allows me to focus on the fight or other parts of the UI while still knowing exactly when a cast is about to finish. Essential knowledge if you want to min/max movement, at least in my opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    - After -
    Got a few suggestions:

Different font for unitframes/datatext.
    Smaller castbar.
    Hide the raid reminder thingy next to minimap.
    Last edited by Rairu; 2012-08-17 at 06:42 PM.
    Rairu - Mage
    gnomemasterrace

Deleted
    As a ranged class, I find the cast bar to be one of the most important parts of my UI. Having it both large and centered allows me to focus on the fight or other parts of the UI while still knowing exactly when a cast is about to finish. Essential knowledge if you want to min/max movement, at least in my opinion.
    I don't understand that argument but if you've tried smaller and like bigger more then I supposed its fine.