Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    Fair enough. Adequate sustain once she gets a revolver then, which is significantly less difficult.

Okay, yeah, I get that she probably isn't a viable jungler but it would be pretty fun...
    Being pushed out of my own jungle sure sounds fun

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    Being pushed out of my own jungle sure sounds fun
    >Implying pubs would try to push you out of the jungle.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I see a Katarina trying to jungle? Oh yes I would.

10+ Year Old Account
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    So I just had a few games with Katarina yesterday with some Gents Buds, dang I was not expecting that from her. Lets be realistic, the only thing they did to Kat was improve her Q + E aesthetic look and apply her Killer Instincts to them, her new W makes her bloody good. I honestly did not expect managing to survive 6 Shyvana Ganks, 5 Mundo Ganks, and 4 Galio Ganks ( was over 3 games of course ). Her new spell animations are so much more pleasing to the eye imo and Im glad they actually touched her auto attack animation aswell.

All in all I am very pleased with Katarna now =D Had to play against a Kennen... it was brutal for me, not sure why but he tuned it into a farm lane, which got me back into the game. I also noticed that Katarina can do the Wraiths very easily when she gets Bouncing Blades at 4 / 5.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    If I see a Katarina trying to jungle? Oh yes I would.
    Yeah but you probably know how to play. How many pubs do you see that do?

10+ Year Old Account
    She's like a weaker Diana, with a health sustain issue her first clear instead of a mana sustain issue. She lacks CC for ganks, but has a better gap closer and two escapes. With a revolver I was able to keep my health even in the jungle. With a gunblade she can use minion camps to heal back up after a gank or skirmish so she only has to B to buy items. Not a tier one jungler so you won't see her often, but I would place her in tier 3, maybe tier 2 because she can carry games really hard.

Huh. I'll definately have to try her out then.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    So I just had a few games with Katarina yesterday with some Gents Buds, dang I was not expecting that from her. Lets be realistic, the only thing they did to Kat was improve her Q + E aesthetic look and apply her Killer Instincts to them, her new W makes her bloody good. I honestly did not expect managing to survive 6 Shyvana Ganks, 5 Mundo Ganks, and 4 Galio Ganks ( was over 3 games of course ). Her new spell animations are so much more pleasing to the eye imo and Im glad they actually touched her auto attack animation aswell.

All in all I am very pleased with Katarna now =D Had to play against a Kennen... it was brutal for me, not sure why but he tuned it into a farm lane, which got me back into the game. I also noticed that Katarina can do the Wraiths very easily when she gets Bouncing Blades at 4 / 5.
    Wait, you are waiting till level 5 to get Bouncing Blades? Get it at level 1 and max it first, its your highest damaging ability now. Well... next to death lotus, obviously. Shunpo is pretty much dead last on damage output now.

I'm going Q>E>Q>W>Q>R then R>Q>W>E The amount of burst is insane, even compared to old Kat. Getting Shunpo second is for the mobility and not the damage.

Q - E - W is a much higher burst combo than Q - E ever was on old Kat, and her farming ability is through the roof. Q - W one shots caster minions by level 7.
    Last edited by Eldar45; 2012-08-18 at 04:46 AM.

I still have yet to see a good Kat since the changes. One game she got up 3-0 against our Vlad, then level 9 hit and he absouletly wrecked her.

EDIT: Vlad is a guy, stupid typo.
    Last edited by Geist19; 2012-08-18 at 10:21 AM.

Deleted
    Imo Kat is still the same, if they got a good score it's generally because of pressing R near 2 or 3 10% health people, then boasting themselves how awesome they are.

Has anyone tried Kat as AD recently? I remember building her full AD ages ago before I switched to AP. Wondering if it's any good now with the recent changes. Especially since people seem to like to jungle her.

I've just been banning her every game that will have pubs in it. Not because I'm worried about the enemy getting Kat but because I don't want the pub playing her...

10+ Year Old Account
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaellen View Post
    Wait, you are waiting till level 5 to get Bouncing Blades? Get it at level 1 and max it first, its your highest damaging ability now. Well... next to death lotus, obviously. Shunpo is pretty much dead last on damage output now.

I'm going Q>E>Q>W>Q>R then R>Q>W>E The amount of burst is insane, even compared to old Kat. Getting Shunpo second is for the mobility and not the damage.

Q - E - W is a much higher burst combo than Q - E ever was on old Kat, and her farming ability is through the roof. Q - W one shots caster minions by level 7.
    I meant when Bouncing Blades is at level 4 or 5, ie when your level 7 and higher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Has anyone tried Kat as AD recently? I remember building her full AD ages ago before I switched to AP. Wondering if it's any good now with the recent changes. Especially since people seem to like to jungle her.
    Considering they took way the AD ratio on Bouncing Blades, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurdiern View Post
    Considering they took way the AD ratio on Bouncing Blades, no.
    Odd. I saw some people talking about it. Seemed very out of place to me but wanted to be sure if it's actually being done now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampant Rabbit View Post
    Odd. I saw some people talking about it. Seemed very out of place to me but wanted to be sure if it's actually being done now.
    I would have considered it if Bouncing blades had an AD Ratio or the scaling on her W and R was good enough to compete with going full AP. I almost think even buying Gunblade on her now would be a mistake over full AP. She just puts out more damage that way, even with the bonus AD scaling on her W and R.

Wait, what is everyone talking about with this AD thing? Did they change Kata again already?
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    Wait, what is everyone talking about with this AD thing? Did they change Kata again already?
    Her W and Ult can scale with AD. I think that her ult scales better with AD, but her W most definitely doesn't. But no, they haven't done anything to her since the remake.