Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I didn't spend a lot of time digging in poop in outlands.
    Last edited by Ulfhedinn; 2012-08-18 at 11:33 AM.

Deleted
    Mists is childish, the game sucks, pandas are stupid, GW2 and SWTOR and RIFT are so much better games, yadda yadda yadda.

Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Mists is childish, the game sucks, pandas are stupid, GW2 and SWTOR and RIFT are so much better games, yadda yadda yadda.
    It's rude to throw all complaints together like that. I think that MoP is childish, that the game sucks, and that pandas are stupid, however I also think that WoW is still a far superior game to GW2, SWTOR, and Rift
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    It's rude to throw all complaints together like that. I think that MoP is childish, that the game sucks, and that pandas are stupid, however I also think that WoW is still a far superior game to GW2, SWTOR, and Rift
    It was sarcasm.
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2012-08-18 at 11:45 AM.

I think that MoP is childish, that the game sucks, and that pandas are stupid.
    And here's where I quote Bill Hicks.

“The problem with you, dude, is this. The fact that you don’t get it or like it is fine. The fact that you wanna ruin it for everyone else, that’s why you’re a cocksucker.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    It was sarcasm.
    His sarcasm is in his imitation of who he considers to be wrong for complaining. In this, he threw together a few different complaints, and dismissed them all equally, and as if they came from the same people

That is simply false

---------- Post added 2012-08-18 at 07:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Murdos View Post
    And here's where I quote Bill Hicks.

“The problem with you, dude, is this. The fact that you don’t get it or like it is fine. The fact that you wanna ruin it for everyone else, that’s why you’re a cocksucker.”
    I don't want to ruin Mists of Pandaria for anyone. No one that I care about is buying the game, so I have no stock in convincing others to dislike it
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while

This post is all I have to say to MoP haters. Thank you good sir for finally saying it.

lighthearted =/= childish

not that i take any offence to the word childish

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    For me it just didn't fit in with the story.

We had:
    The Burning Crusade - RAWR
    The Wrath of the Lich King - RAWR
    Cataclysm - RAWR

and then 180 degrees out of goofyland
    ~*~Mists of Pandaria~*~

Just didn't do it for me.
    But I didn't care for the poop quests either. Or Harrison Jones does Uldum.
    Yeah man, those couple quests must've ruined THE WHOLE GAME for you. As for Harrison Jones, you obviously don't understand the idea behind an easter egg or paying homage to a famous movie series.

10+ Year Old Account
    His sarcasm is in his imitation of who he considers to be wrong for complaining. In this, he threw together a few different complaints, and dismissed them all equally, and as if they came from the same people

That is simply false
    Then his comment wasn't aimed at you. It's plainly obvious for anybody who's been on the forums for even a short while that every time a new MMO comes the same people glorify it and congregate on the WoW part of the forum to hate it.

That's the point. It's old and silly.

I don't want to ruin Mists of Pandaria for anyone. No one that I care about is buying the game, so I have no stock in convincing others to dislike it
    Then kindly be quiet, stop posting threads about it, and stop bitching. Because if you don't like it; the MATURE thing to do is say; "This is not in my interests." shrug your shoulders, and move on.

Throwing an electronic temper-tantrum about how awful it is quite a bit in the opposite direction.

If you dislike the game, leave the forums. I don't post on Call of Duty forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenixdown View Post
    I'm just curious. Is anyone saying MoP is childish actually IN the beta?

My guess is no. I just finished a quest where I gunned down Horde at point blank range with a helicopter, then fired rockets at their ships and blew them up. Then, I went to their base and killed a few of them, and got a cutscene where the Alliance commander orders the troops to open fire on unarmed, defenseless Horde troops.

These were the first, like, five quests I got.

If THAT is childish...then I feel sorry for the life your parents forced you to live. They must have beat the everliving snot out of you constantly if you think violence of that magnitude is "childish".

If you haven't tested the content, you should just stop trying to talk about things you have zero knowledge of. It just makes you look as childish as you actually are.

and after that it's mostly kill, throw poop, talk to this guy, nothing really childish though, but not that exciting either.

Then kindly be quiet, stop posting threads about it, and stop bitching. Because if you don't like it; the MATURE thing to do is say; "This is not in my interests." shrug your shoulders, and move on.

Throwing an electronic temper-tantrum about how awful it is quite a bit in the opposite direction.

I don't dislike the game as a whole, I just dislike the expansions. World of Warcraft was actually a really good game before any of the expansions came out. Even the first couple expansions were still worth paying for, Cata was... dissapointing, but I still subscribed about 3 times, to see each tier of content

MoP is obviously not going to be good at launch (5.0), but Blizzard has proven repeatedly that they can turn something around (for better or for worse...), so I won't just give up on Blizzard forever, and completely ignore World of Warcraft. There's a chance it might be good again as soon as 5.1, or 5.2, though it will likely take them about a year (around the time 5.3, will probably release, which will also probably be the final tier). In keeping with previous expansions, this patch will be a more refined and focused version of a lackluster expansion, that worth playing at least for a couple months

I don't dislike the game as a whole, I just dislike the expansions. World of Warcraft was actually a really good game before any of the expansions came out. Even the first couple expansions were still worth paying for, Cata was... dissapointing, but I still subscribed about 3 times, to see each tier of content

MoP is obviously not going to be good at launch (5.0), but Blizzard has proven repeatedly that they can turn something around (for better or for worse...), so I won't just give up on Blizzard forever, and completely ignore World of Warcraft. There's a chance it might be good again as soon as 5.1, or 5.2, though it will likely take them about a year (around the time 5.3, will probably release, which will also probably be the final tier). In keeping with previous expansions, this patch will be a more refined and focused version of a lackluster expansion, that worth playing at least for a couple months
    I have a word I want you to look up. Semantics. Get back to me after you've learned the definition.

Also; If you're so certain MOP is going to be bad at the start, my previous point stands. Leave. Go away, and do something else in that downtime, because there's a LOT of people here that are excited for it, and you're just pissing on the campfire pal.

Here's the brass tacks: You're worsening the community. Like or loathe the game, your chosen method of grousing is making the community worse, you encourage the mindset of 'EVERYTHING IS BAD AND I HATE EVERYTHING' and the constant, monotonous deluge of griping and focusing on the minority of bad rather then majority of good, ruins the community and drowns out the soul of the game's social aspect.

You are the trolls in trade that only login to ruin other people's day's. You're the guy who does LFD once a month and then writes twenty paragraphs and rages all night about how it's the cancer that's killing wow. You are all of these people, and they're all just like you.

So if you ever loved this game, and ever wanted it to be better - realize now that your behavior IS HURTING IT, and take mature steps to fix it. There's a difference between constructive criticism, and banal spewing of bile - and you're a long way past constructive at this point.

As Mr. Hicks said, that is why you're a cocksucker. The great thing is, you can CHANGE it.
    Last edited by Murdos; 2012-08-18 at 12:02 PM.

why is it ok for ppl who like MoP and the cinematic to post threads about how they love it, and by your oppinion those who dont should shut up?
    its a free forum, if he thinks blizz ruind his game with this xpac then he has the same right as you to come here and say so.
    if you dont like what he say , then you should shut up and move on.

being a wow forum doesnt mean it should be all rainbow and ponys, complains are welcome too. other wise its hypocrecy

10+ Year Old Account
    love WoW, I am excited for MoP. I just think it's rather silly to suddenly be all up in arms about how "childish" MoP is supposed to be when that sort of light-hearted, jokey, pop-culture, low humor content has been in WoW since launch.
    To be honest?

The humor in the Warcraft series and later in WoW is exactly what attracts me so much. Blizzard always seems to find a nice balance between gloomy and funny. I'm looking forward to MoP.

Once there, probably your first quest was eating some nuts you're not supposed to, so you've got to give yourself a laxative and go poop 'em out quick.
    My priestess refused. She ate the nuts because the was hungry and she farmed the plants for the xp, but she sure as hell would never take a laxative. oO

yes wow has been like this from start, the thing is that its going worse and worse and for me its on the level where I dont care about story and PvE anymore and play it only for PvP systems.

wish there would be dark and solid fantasy mmo alternative...

Quote Originally Posted by john duo View Post
    why is it ok for ppl who like MoP and the cinematic to post threads about how they love it, and by your oppinion those who dont should shut up?
    its a free forum, if he thinks blizz ruind his game with this xpac then he has the same right as you to come here and say so.
    if you dont like what he say , then you should shut up and move on.

being a wow forum doesnt mean it should be all rainbow and ponys, complains are welcome too. other wise its hypocrecy
    First of all, it's 'Hypocrisy'.

Secondly, as I just said. People are within their rights to complain when it's constructive, when it's reasonable. When all you're doing is spewing bitter bile and resentment about how everything is awful, you are adding nothing to the discussion, and you're definitely not being mature.

In fact, you're being rather childish.

See the difference?

If a bridge falls down, who do you listen to? The man that says the old bridge was fine, rebuild it, the man who argues and said the old bridge collapsed, this is how we'll improve it, or the guy that runs up, slaps both of them and then screams 'BRIDGES SUCKS, YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF QUEERS!"?

I know who I'd listen to.

As Mr. Hicks said, that is why you're a cocksucker. The great thing is, you can CHANGE it.
    Great argument there bro

I can't change WoW myself, I'm not part of the development team. The best I can do is bring light to the issues that are hurting it, and tell them how to fix it

---------- Post added 2012-08-18 at 08:11 AM ----------

First of all, it's 'Hypocrisy'.

Secondly, as I just said. People are within their rights to complain when it's constructive, when it's reasonable. When all you're doing is spewing bitter bile and resentment about how everything is awful, you are adding nothing to the discussion, and you're definitely not being mature.

In fact, you're being rather childish.

See the difference?

If a bridge falls down, who do you listen to? The man that says the old bridge was fine, rebuild it, the man who argues and said the old bridge collapsed, this is how we'll improve it, or the guy that runs up, slaps both of them and then screams 'BRIDGES SUCKS, YOU'RE ALL A BUNCH OF QUEERS!"?

I know who I'd listen to.
    I don't recall saying that at any point on this forum
    Last edited by Shadylol; 2012-08-18 at 12:09 PM.

Great argument there bro

I can't change WoW myself, I'm not part of the development team. The best I can do is bring light to the issues that are hurting it, and tell them how to fix it
    Great selective reading, Bro.

And no you can't. You're not offering changes, you're not actually giving suggestions. You're whining that pandas are stupid. This is not raw data.

A good start would be basic reading comprehension, then you might have figured out what I said in my post the first time, and you wouldn't have posted such a stupid response.
    Last edited by Murdos; 2012-08-18 at 12:11 PM.