Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yoomi View Post
    I think the healing class in lotr online does that is some way :P I dunno they don'r have to only sing, aren't they like a slippery kind of guy?
    A singing thief? lol I dunno.. I would like to see a 3rd soldier but.. its hard not to be to familiar to the other classes, altho I would like a death/dark knight of some sort but without undead minions. They focus more on like.. blood and dark magic I think. Like the one you can be in ffx-2.

why not a traditional spell sword?
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    hard to answer this since my knowledge of the game's lore is limited, so I dunno what classes would fit lore-wise or not.

So instead of drawing from classes of an obscure game most people wont know about, or drawing from classes of wow, I'll draw from classes of the father of all roleplaying games: D&D.

I would love to see a Battle-mage, or Mage-knight. A class that combines wearing plate armor, and using spell and sword to fight enemies.
    Same from me. Why i'm a guardian for now at least. It's the closes to this LOL.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    why not a traditional spell sword?
    I dunno, to me guardian already is that, heavy armor..uses swords and magic :P

I dunno, to me guardian already is that, heavy armor..uses swords and magic :P
    But...........but........... the guardian has a focus on support and healing, and uses divine magic.

I was thinking along the lines of a plated fighter that uses heavy armor, swords, and magic, but focuses on damage, control, debuff, and AoE, while using arcane magic.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Well having only played a bit of beta and the whole game not being released yet thing, I'm going to go with - I hope they don't add new professions for a very long time. The longer they can go without pulling out the hat trick that is new gimmick classes, the more successful the game will have been. The amount of professions feels just right, and the feel of the each one is unique. Pretty much anything that isn't in the game already would just be some sort of mashed up hybrid or mild alternation of the current profs, thus no point in adding them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    But...........but........... the guardian has a focus on support and healing, and uses divine magic.

I was thinking along the lines of a plated fighter that uses heavy armor, swords, and magic, but focuses on damage, control, debuff, and AoE, while using arcane magic.
    Like.. an heavy armored arcane mage? Still sound like guardian to me haha
    Aslong as it can fit in to support/dmg/control without beeing to much of a elementalist or guardian.. sure, I guess I just have a hard time imagine something like that.
    But Anet are creative and I guess they could figure that out :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Aslong as it can fit in to support/dmg/control without beeing to much of a elementalist or guardian.. sure, I guess I just have a hard time imagine something like that.
    guardians dont cast fireballs tho =(
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Ranged abilities could be say a flaming slash with a greatsword NO shield and ONLY melee weapons. In short it could use all melee weapons and plate but also utilize elemental spells like say aoe fire spells around themselves and for ranged abilities special variants as i said. Maybe call them "runemasters" and have the engrave runes on both weapobs and body.

Oh and before you start saying i'm basing this off a death knight up until the rune bit didn't even dawn on me. Runes themselves are the ancient magic and writing system of the norse anyways.

But yeah invert the Guardian. Instead of defensive with alot of buffs make it hyper offensive with no real buffs or even true defensive skills.

Sound different enough for ya?

---------- Post added 2012-08-19 at 12:03 PM ----------

They DO have fire breath and maybe make the classic spell an earth or lightning bolt instead? Though TBH i still like my fire slash idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chanter, Zealot, Paragon.

A shapeshifter profession. But not just 30sec shifts like the norn racial.
    Sadly I think a "stance dancing" mechanic might be to similar to elementalist attunements.

Besides that I would apreciate a kind of juggler profession.
    Last edited by Mistral; 2012-08-19 at 12:31 PM.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the healing class in lotr online does that is some way :P I dunno they don'r have to only sing, aren't they like a slippery kind of guy?
    A singing thief? lol I dunno.. I would like to see a 3rd soldier but.. its hard not to be to familiar to the other classes, altho I would like a death/dark knight of some sort but without undead minions. They focus more on like.. blood and dark magic I think. Like the one you can be in ffx-2.

I think I love you. No seriously. Dark Knight in 10-2 was so fucking awesome. But they focuses on Arcane magic with some self-sacrifice abilities.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Ranged abilities could be say a flaming slash with a greatsword NO shield and ONLY melee weapons. In short it could use all melee weapons and plate but also utilize elemental spells like say aoe fire spells around themselves and for ranged abilities special variants as i said. Maybe call them "runemasters" and have the engrave runes on both weapobs and body.

Oh and before you start saying i'm basing this off a death knight up until the rune bit didn't even dawn on me. Runes themselves are the ancient magic and writing system of the norse anyways.

But yeah invert the Guardian. Instead of defensive with alot of buffs make it hyper offensive with no real buffs or even true defensive skills.

Sound different enough for ya?
    Sounds like what I was talking about in the my post before that one :P But I don't know if a "only melee" class fits. It has to have at least some type of ranged weapon, remember everyone should be able to do ranged/melee/support/dmg/control. So yeah.. Like I said earlier: I would like a death/dark knight of some sort but without undead minions. They focus more on blood and dark magic. Like the one you can be in ffx-2.

Thats the only one 3rd soldier profession I can see fit that is not to look-a-like any other profession. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    where ever you are when you've just had a long fight against another player, to screw up your day
    i beg to differ, second skill for the tourch, set yourself on fire then launch a fireball :P
    but i would like to see dervish in GW2 i think paragon isnt going to happen since guardian is suppose to be the result of dead paragon teachings (palawa joko turns all the paragons into pretty much death knights so thats a possibility)
    Last edited by vilhelm1992; 2012-08-19 at 01:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like what I was talking about in the my post before that one :P But I don't know if a "only melee" class fits. It has to have at least some type of ranged weapon, remember everyone should be able to do ranged/melee/support/dmg/control. So yeah.. Like I said earlier: I would like a death/dark knight of some sort but without undead minions. They focus more on blood and dark magic. Like the one you can be in ffx-2.

Thats the only one 3rd soldier profession I can see fit that is not to look-a-like any other profession. :P
    Sounds like a Disciple of Kaine from Warhammer Online, which is a class I LOVED. A class like that or a Bard would be awesome for sure.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

Deleted
    Not really sure there is any role gap for a new profession to fill really. And more profs = more hassle balancing and making them unique.

I'd prefer more weapons over more Profs, and possibly new races at some point.

I would love to see a chronomancer. IMO there isn't enough mage-type classes in the game.
    Some ideas for abilities... weeell... I can see a bit of Zilean's abilities from LoL. A "slowdown time" slow. (Possibly AOE?) Maybe a instantly-go-back-in-time revive when slain ability. Speed increases/teleport forward for speeding up time. I can also see a chronomancer stacking a lot of vulnerabilities and such as if he can "age" his opponent. Anyways, that's my two cents.

Jedi?

Well atleast something in heavy armor i figure has the best shot. We got 3 scholar classes, 3 adventurer classes and only 2 soldier classes.

Deleted
    Ritualist and Dervish....no monk classes pls, had enough of those with Blizzard.

Deleted
    Guess I'd like to see some sort of Dragoon. Basically a heavy armoured class with an emphasis on movement and elemental damage.