Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Of course there will be those who don't comprehend.

Log into WoW, join WSG, ask everyone how long they played, then watch people in midfield. BTW you lost that match.
    Midfield is a valid strategy if you know what you're doing, just saying

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    End game is not done yet. They said the want to get the launch sorted with then work on the end game. So, don't rush to max level everyone !

Source: http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/...nticators-gvg/
    U should do the same in wow :P
    They will release the 1 raid , 1-2 weeks after the release !
    (sorry , wow hater here , cant resist :P)
    Last edited by mmocd9c65c8d53; 2012-08-20 at 12:12 PM.

Oh, for people who come from a WoW background and are still struggling with the end-game concept in GW2, this is the way you should think about it : Reaching end-game in GW2 would basically be like completing Loremaster in WoW. To better understand how being Max-level doesn't equate to End-game, keep in mind that you can reach max-level without stepping out of your race's starter zone.

Deleted
    End game is not done yet. They said the want to get the launch sorted with then work on the end game. So, don't rush to max level everyone !

can we really belive that source?

though either way they will constantly update cant see a problem either way if someone rush to 80 or not and still there is INSANLY many things to do
    Last edited by mmoc796f4edb2b; 2012-08-20 at 12:18 PM.

So if someone gets bored, it's because he/she dunno how to have fun? Sounds like retarded to me. If I'm bored, that means game is not fun enough to keep playing from my perspective. I blame the game if I'm bored, not myself.

I think these things will be excuses when game fails to live up it's hype. HERP DERP PEEPPZ DUNNO HOW TO HAVE FUN!!!. It's true that this game may not be for those who enjoy wow-like end game but stop herp derping just because people like wow-like end game.

and the ultimate thing is if GW2 fails(no chance but just saying), it's because of ArenaNet did something wrong rather than player base not knowing how to have fun.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-08-20 at 12:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    So if someone gets bored, it's because he/she dunno how to play the game? Sounds like retarded to me. If I'm bored, that means game is not fun enough to keep playing from my perspective. I blame the game if I'm bored, not myself.
    what are you talking about if you dont like it dont play it is anyone forcing you?

Deleted
    This might sound silly but I think people will mostly have problems with the idea that the game is for fun and there's no need to rush to the 'endgame' since in reality the whole game is just that.
    Also the exploring asset of it, know I still have issues with going off the beaten track and just explore for the hell of it instead of jumping from heart to heart. Though that might be because its beta/stress tests and I'd rather leave such surprises for launch.

But yes I expcet there to be people who just dosnt 'get' the game, especially the ones coming in and expecting an mmo like all the other out there.

Quote Originally Posted by kuruptz View Post
    what are you talking about if you dont like it dont play it is anyone forcing you?
    I will play the game. I'm just saying if people gets bored, it's because Game fails to provide something that particular player needs in order to have fun. Not because that play is dumbshit and dunno how to have fun.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-08-20 at 12:35 PM.

The source of those claims is a Portugese forum, and not even a real interview. Who knows what has been lost in translation. It doesn't affect me personally anyway since I'll not be rushing to max level but I'd take the "no end-game yet" comment with a huge helping of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by akamurdoch View Post
    what a load of horseshit, i like wow because i FOUND it fun first time i played it, was there somebody from blizzard in my room indoctrinating me into a way of thinking in almost an instant ? if not i wouldn't have found it fun and wouldn't still be playing.
    When people come here on the Gw2 subforum after playing Gw2 with stuff like "this game needs raids/Holy trinity/gear threadmill/sub fee or it will fail". Yah, people have been lead to believe there is a single design and way of doing things. It has nothing to do with what you found fun when you first started to play, it has everything to do with the fact that many people have closed off their minds to alternative thinking.

And the gear threadmill has become an indoctrination in and of itself. Grinding and doing tasks that you do not enjoy just to maybe get a little piece of candy at the end. And then 6months later told all your work was for nothing, and that you have to do it again.
    What i first liked about WoW when i started playing wasnt the gear grind, because thats not what they draw you in with. But in the end, thats what you're stuck with.

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    When people come here on the Gw2 subforum after playing Gw2 with stuff like "this game needs raids/Holy trinity/gear threadmill/sub fee or it will fail". Yah, people have been lead to believe there is a single design and way of doing things. It has nothing to do with what you found fun when you first started to play, it has everything to do with the fact that many people have closed off their minds to alternative thinking.

And the gear threadmill has become an indoctrination in and of itself. Grinding and doing tasks that you do not enjoy just to maybe get a little piece of candy at the end. And then 6months later told all your work was for nothing, and that you have to do it again.
    What i first liked about WoW when i started playing wasnt the gear grind, because thats not what they draw you in with. But in the end, thats what you're stuck with.
    why can't you(by you, you and some GW2 fans out there acting like this) accept that some people may like gear progression and hate otherwise? You're telling it like a bad thing but in the end it's a game and matter of taste. If I say I don't like this game, can you make me feel otherwise? No. Just let it go.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-08-20 at 12:41 PM.

Deleted
    Yes, they will, but only after a few months. By then, people who started to play only for hype will have moved on and others will be happy.

I'll step up and be one of the very, very few who will say I am not going to be getting this game. At least not at the $60 launch price tag. I'm not saying its a terrible game by all means, it's just simply not my cup of tea. I was in the BWE and combat down to the UI just didn't set well with me. I guess it's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post

Don't pass on what you found fun or not fun as the absolute truth that everyone experienced. What you call grinding, I call playing. Because that's what I did. I played the game, I liked playing it, I didn't continue playing it because I didn't enjoy it and certainly not because I wanted some sort of gear reward at the end. If that was the case, I'd have played the PvP in WoW just for the shiny gear but I didn't. No-one was forced to do anything or "grind" anything that they didn't enjoy. I enjoyed the raids because I was doing them with my friends and we were having fun doing them. And 6 months down the line when a new raid came out, we had fun again exploring new areas and doing the new encounters. Gear was the means to an end, not the end itself. It's funny how people throw around this "oh you were forced to grind for gear" when apparently in their mind just playing is considered a grind.

That's not to say I don't like the direction GW2 is taking the genre in, I absolutely like it, which is why I pre-purchased it after all. That doesn't mean that somehow all my time that I'd spent in WoW is somehow invalidated or that the only reason I was playing WoW was because it warped my mind of what fun actually is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I will play the game. I'm just saying if people gets bored, it's because Game fails to provide something that particular player needs in order to have fun. Not because that play is dumbshit and dunno how to have fun.
    What do you mean? you will play the game you know what you can do in the game have you tested it?

who pointed out if you dont enjoy it your stupid?

if you dont enjoy it Simply Leave just not your game

Meh i didn't really get the hype over it. I'm too used to traditional MMOs and generally just WoW atm. I will probably buy and play it in the boring times between WoW patches but i don't think it would hold my attention for very long.

I played GW1 for a year, it was tons of fun. So i hope GW2 will be the same. The only thing stopping me from buying it day 1 is the movement. If the movement is bad in a game i won't play it, may be picky but its just an annoyance of mine

Quote Originally Posted by kuruptz View Post
    What do you mean? you will play the game you know what you can do in the game have you tested it?

who pointed out if you dont enjoy it your stupid?

if you dont enjoy it Simply Leave just not your game
    Keep reading until you understand. I'm done explaining things to you.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2012-08-20 at 12:54 PM.

Yes, easily 15-20% of people who will end up buying it wont "GET" it.
    Last edited by Rapti; 2012-08-20 at 12:57 PM.

Deleted
    ill let you know

Quote Originally Posted by nelly676 View Post
    Not in the sense of purchase...but like...comprehension...

my biggest concern with this game, is that people just wont understand that it isnt like anything else theyve ever played.
    Levels are just like...something you breeze through, expecting an AMAZING end game experiance, its like an adventure, that you can decide what road you take, and have a blast every time.

Meh its just something that crossed my mind. Its something that happens to new things alo.t
    Hell, to be honest, I'm not sure I get it, and I'd like to consider myself a pretty smart guy sometimes. I've got a pre-order already, and am set to play on the early release. Allow me to explain.

I got in one of the weekend betas, and it was fun. I'm a little sad I can't be a healer or tank, but it's whatever. I do see what they were trying to do in that regard. Though it was fun, it wasn't mind-blowingly, pants-shittingly fun. To me, it was just more questing and leveling. PvP matches were cool (even though I kept getting stomped, because I didn't know how to play my class correctly when I first que'd up) and WvWvW was cool too. Stuff I'd like to do as long as it stays fun (i.e. not being on that one goddamn fail server that constantly gets balls of more awesome realms shoved in it's face constantly).

Then, I asked my RL best friend, who'd bought the pre-order for me and totally expects me to play this thing ALL the time: "So, man, what kind of raiding and end-game shit is there going to be?"

We all know the answer to the raiding question. So, I'm all: "Then, what's the point?"

I got an answer about having fun, and more pvp and wvwvw and all that.

"Cool." I thought to myself. "80 levels of questing/events, WvWvW-ing, and BGs.. followed by more of the same."

Of course, after doing a little reading, there's a bit more to it than that. There's crafting, and completionist stuff (which I fucking love - one of my favorite things about my Norn Ranger was finishing ALL the shit in the starting zone, like a boss). Really big dynamic events. A class/race story to see. I'm sure there are a lot of GW1 references that will be completely lost on me.

More and more, I got worried as time grew closer. See, I still like playing other MMOs (which I won't mention, but you can probably figure it out). Said best friend and most other friends don't care for the other MMOs that I like. Then again, said best friend hasn't been able to stick with a game since old school EQ. I'm going to feel obligated to play all the time with them, still not fully understanding why it's such a big deal. I don't say that in a bashingly, "fuck you, GW2!" way. Like I've said above, I did have some fun playing in the two betas I bothered to log in for. I mean, it's not retardedly fun, like Ret Pallies were in Wrath, but I didn't feel like my time was wasted (til they wiped my char, then I totally did).

People I know are praying to Sweet Baby Jesus for GW2 to save them from their "MMO ruts". It has a lot of fun things going for it, but I still don't see why it's the Messiah of online gaming. Hoping my feelings change after launch and I actually get serious about a character.
    There were around 7,000 Greeks in total at the Battle of Thermopylae.
    Not just the Spartans and a few inept imbeciles to play clean up.
    Friends don't let friends listen to Zach Snyder/