Deleted
    Re: Not finished.

So Anet have been determined to not release 'til its done...then, a week before release, they mention in passing at a games fair "oh, no - it's not done".

I just don't buy it. The only way I'd buy it is if they were talking about something that even the most motivated of the "don't sleep until max level" brigade could never possibly get to...and if that's the case, that's fair enough anyway.

Deleted
    Hey guys I was just wondering if anybody is using the Windows 8 release preview to play Guild Wars 2? I'm using it and when I do a ''can I run it'' test it say's the OS isn't supported, I'm just wondering if that's accurate or does it run fine on the release preview.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Hey guys I was just wondering if anybody is using the Windows 8 release preview to play Guild Wars 2? I'm using it and when I do a ''can I run it'' test it say's the OS isn't supported, I'm just wondering if that's accurate or does it run fine on the release preview.
    Windows 8 is a pile of garbage, go back to windows 7 noaw!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I really like it :P

I really like it :P
    If you use steam at all...or anything openware.....or under the information principle of being free for all and open.......delete it.

Someone ran the August 15th stress test on Windows 8 with no issues: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...8#post17999176

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    If you use steam at all...or anything openware.....or under the information principle of being free for all and open.......delete it.
    Huh I don't get what you mean? what has steam got to do with using the windows 8 release preview?

Thank's mofo for the info I think im going to go and pre order.
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2012-08-20 at 01:46 PM.

Deleted
    Huh I don't get what you mean? what has steam got to do with using the windows 8 release preview?

Edit: Seems my source was unreliable!
    Last edited by mmoc9aa38bccdb; 2012-08-20 at 02:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wakarimas View Post
    Well.. windows 8 doesnt support steam. Thats a pretty big problem for gamers wouldnt you say?
    Im using and have bought games on steam since I installed windows 8, in fact Im running Football Manager 2012 through steam at this very moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    http://www.arstechnica.com/gaming/20...embrace-linux/

Hrm... Far as I can tell, it's not that Windows 8 doesn't support Steam, but that Steam doesn't support Windows 8 because the developer of Steam thinks it's garbage, and has chosen to support Linux. Not move to Linux, but simply start supporting it, as if he is of the opinion that Windows will now do terrible because of Windows 8.

I haven't been able to find much on this through Google. Far as I can tell, from the Steam forums, people have said that Steam runs fine on their Windows 8 beta experience. The only thing Windows has done in regards to "control" is preventing people from using the word Metro in their Windows Store - something to do with the name for the new Windows interface.

And for what I've read, the only thing people really hate about Windows 8 is that the interface has changed dramatically? Haven't looked up enough about the new OS.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-20 at 02:15 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Hmmmm, 1 thing which i absolutely loved in Gw1 was Alliance Battles, it was the most fun i ever had, they should implement that in some form, like instead of alliance battles (seeing as there is no factions doh) they should make a "race battle" where 5 sylvari 5 charr 5 Asura 5 Charr and 5 Norn against eachother, and then just like Alliance battle in Gw1, but only 5 places to have control over.

Just wishfull thinking, i don't want factions in Gw2 though, though the way it was done in GW1 was quite excellent.

Windows 8 will not support steam. Just letting you know.............
    wow.

Apparently they may have heard u
    jeez, don't do that. =( getting my hopes up only to have them crushed again.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Deleted
    For those who prepurchased CE from Zavvi. Mine just got dispatched, should be arriving through DPD on or before the 23rd. Check for yours.

Also... /squee

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    jeez, don't do that. =( getting my hopes up only to have them crushed again.
    Yh sorry.......I guess I was passing on a rumor......but there's something on twitter that's suggestive.
    Anyway.....we all decided to blame Mif
    Originally Posted by Flimsy
    Im using and have bought games on steam since I installed windows 8, in fact Im running Football Manager 2012 through steam at this very moment.
    Both Windows and the guys that run steam have come out and said that Win8 will no support it on launch.
    So please take our sincere advice for what it was.......
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-08-20 at 02:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    wow.
    I have read nothing of the sort. Everything I've read online is specifically stating that the director of Valve, or whatever the official title is, merely believes that Windows 8 will be a colossal failure, and is moving to port Steam to Linux. i.e. build versions of Steam for both OS platforms.

It has something to do with a redesign of the UI being aimed heavily towards tablet PCs?
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-20 at 02:15 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    A developer friend of mine has run most of the BWE's on windows 8 and has had no issues at all. he loves the new OS infact and has been after me to switch but I think ill give it a bit but just thought I would throw that out there for anyone concerned.

The initial UI is obviously designed with mobile / touch screen tech in mind however you can run it with a traditional looking desktop interface if you wish. ATM he is doing just that but all in all it has some extremely nice features like auto imaging and one button push re install of the OS if need be. Lots of nice convenience features.
    Last edited by Vexies; 2012-08-20 at 02:19 PM.

Deleted
    wow.
    Haha I wasn't calling you a ''mofo'' I was replying to a poster called ''mofo'' in this thread xD

And yeah Steam is absolutely fine on Windows 8, in fact I haven't had a problem with anything so far I was just wondering if Guild Wars 2 will be ok running on the release preview.
    Last edited by mmoceeceb76e25; 2012-08-20 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    It has something to do with a redesign of the UI being aimed heavily towards tablet PCs?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REC4xwpX26g 12:30, if you're curious.

Deleted
    Anyway.....we all decided to blame Mif
    That bloody Mif *again* with his continual, *continual* roguish goings-ons!