Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Will you be playing solo or with friends?

Just wondering how everyone is planning on playing Guild Wars 2 when it finally releases in a couple of day.
    I have a couple of friends who I play all sorts of games with on Skype and they will all be playing Guild Wars 2 but I think I'm going to play solo so I can absorb all I can and take my time watching cinematic of the story and overall gameplay.

How would you guys prefer to play? Sharing the experience with friends or playing alone going at your own pace.

(When i mean solo, I know i'll be surrounded by 1000's of people but I can just go along doing my own thing and not have to worry about wondering off getting distracted by some amazing looking scenery)

Both. If I'm the only one on, I'll play alone. If my friends are on, I'll play with them.

That's the beauty of leveling down. You'll never advance beyond your friends with less free time available.

Deleted
    I prefer to play sharing the experience with other people to be honest, but not a single one of my real life friends, or the friends I usually play MMOs with are playing GW2. Even my OH is only playing because I've bullied him into it and won't be playing on release day. So I take it as an opportunity to make new friends

That being said I'm more than happy to solo and will have plenty of fun doing stuff on my own, especially the PvE levelling experience and of course the personal story.... I shall just talk to myself. But if I can have company from a friend I'll usually take it, especially if it's someone i feel comfortable in voice comms with
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2012-08-20 at 05:15 PM.

Deleted
    I just mentioned in another thread how none of my friends play games...so at release I'll be alone.

That said - I kinda like having my own space and time to do whatever, so it's not such a problem.

In other games I've made friends and the time has been about 50/50 - I need time alone, but time with friends is fun too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to play with friends as much as possible. The game really opens up when playing with other people, and the short time I played with a friend were amazing. Discovering combos of each other alone is worth it.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll probably be leveling alone, but I prefer to PvP with friends. :\ I just wish you could do SPVP with friends without having to take a chance at being on the same teams.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
    I just mentioned in another thread how none of my friends play games...so at release I'll be alone.

That said - I kinda like having my own space and time to do whatever, so it's not such a problem.

In other games I've made friends and the time has been about 50/50 - I need time alone, but time with friends is fun too.
    Seek and you shall find :P
    I found it really easy to make friends in the BWEs, I'm sure once you start playing you will too.

Alone, no one else I know is playing GW2, all playing WoW only.

Deleted
    I'll probably be doing a mixture of the two. Some friends and I are going to set up a guild that's just for people we know (I think so far the majority of people who will be joining we all know to one degree or another, from 'met a couple of times' to 'have known for years', with a few 'friend of a friend' peeps).

There are a couple of us that will outlevel the rest fairly quickly (Not due to any rushing - at least not on my part) but just because we have more time to play than the others - but we all love the idea of the level scaling so we can all play together if we choose with our mains, rather than having to have alts that we only play when everyone is on (Which even when everyone is online, sometimes you just don't want to leave your main if you're in the middle of something awesome!)

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably a few friends, not many.
    Most of them are either going to wait several months, or won't play until someone else is max level.

With friends & family, of course.

if i ever buy it - solo play

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siight View Post
    Alone, no one else I know is playing GW2, all playing WoW only.
    I’m the polar opposite, with friends because they have all left WoW and are focusing on GW2.

With couple online and RL friends from other games (mostly WoW). If no one is around then I'm gonna explore on my own.

Deleted
    Friends are the only reason I'll be playing this. I want a social game where I can be part of a community, because right now, not knowing anybody and not being able to talk to people sucks balls.

Deleted
    Solo but not solo :P (2 ppl playing the same account )
    Once again we must find a middle ground for our Sylvari (ferocity will be there 100% , and a new name ), and then roam into the sPvP until we throw up .
    Just to spicy it up , the looser with the most deaths in the 20 games will have to treat the other a pizza (and once again , i will treat her as usual .....)

10+ Year Old Account
    Solo, a lot of my friends don't game, the few that do only play on their consoles.

ill be playing solo and with friends. im going to be starting a guild with members that love to play together and say when they are not on ill be playing alone and enjoying the amazing game.

Deleted
    im gona be with some of my friends from gw 1 and wow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cludo View Post
    Seek and you shall find :P
    I found it really easy to make friends in the BWEs, I'm sure once you start playing you will too.
    In the PvE I did (and the WvWvW) I actually found the opposite. Now I wasn't actually trying, but the random people who ended up in my friend list in WoW were all people I randomly met while leveling and helped or was helped by. With the constant large groups that seemed to be forming in the beta, I found it hard to notice interesting individuals.
    Resurrected Holy Priest