Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Especially if it works with Mender's Purity the way I hope it does.
    it should. But Restorative Mantras does not, it triggers when the charges are built not when they're used.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    it should. But Restorative Mantras does not, it triggers when the charges are built not when they're used.
    All the more incentive to smartly use them during combat. But if that's their intention... they seriously need to make the heal worth the trait.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Mesmer:
    • Added range check to all illusion summoning skills
    • All illusions should now shatter properly
    Traits:

And for emphasis, just so that everyone can see:
    Phantasms will no longer be replaced by new illusions if there is a Clone that can be replaced instead
    My dear fucking gods...
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-08-21 at 08:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    AMGHERD!

Most important balance change possible for Mesmer.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

I think I need a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mesmer:
    • Added range check to all illusion summoning skills
    • All illusions should now shatter properly
    Traits:

And for emphasis, just so that everyone can see:
    Phantasms will no longer be replaced by new illusions if there is a Clone that can be replaced instead
    My dear fucking gods...
    After seeing that.... i think i'm going to need to clean up the "ectoplasam" all over my computer area....

btw is it bad that i got more excited by the first 2 points on illusions then the phantasam one lol?

NOTE: I'm really happy about the phantasam one just wasn't a huge concern for me personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    After seeing that.... i think i'm going to need to clean up the "ectoplasam" all over my computer area....

btw is it bad that i got more excited by the first 2 points on illusions then the phantasam one lol?

NOTE: I'm really happy about the phantasam one just wasn't a huge concern for me personally.
    It was the biggest reason (even moreso than the pathetic damage) that the 1-chain of Scepters was terrible. Generating clones so fast you practically instantly over-write your Phantasms, and even then you're still generating faster than you can possibly burn them.

This keeps everything in place, and opens up so many more options. Now if only Confusion was actually added back into the chain, make up for its low baseline damage...

I am sad to say they did fix the Illusionary Leap (sword "3") double-tap as of last stress test, where it no longer resets its cooldown to 3 seconds. So 1h-sword is definitely not generating faster than it can burn.

oh

my

god

/gush

This gives shattering a more strategic approach.

However this is a nerf:

Added range check to all illusion summoning skills
    If it's what I think they mean.

and no mention of mind stab? They can't seriously think that little target circle is acceptable?
    Last edited by zito; 2012-08-21 at 03:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    However this is a nerf:

If it's what I think they mean.
    Not necessarily. They force-added in "requires a target" into most of them by the last stress test, so that an ability couldn't go on cooldown while you weren't in combat (screwing you over for if you just got jumped and needed it after).

I'm inclined to (or would like to) believe that this is just finalizing that, you won't bother putting clone-making skills on cooldown by accident when there's nothing even close to you. I don't know, prove me wrong tomorrow

Not necessarily. They force-added in "requires a target" into most of them by the last stress test, so that an ability couldn't go on cooldown while you weren't in combat (screwing you over for if you just got jumped and needed it after).

I'm inclined to (or would like to) believe that this is just finalizing that, you won't bother putting clone-making skills on cooldown by accident when there's nothing even close to you. I don't know, prove me wrong tomorrow
    What I think its referring too is, if the target isn't in range you can't summon the illusion. Which again contradicts what they want mesmer to be. I liked pre summoning clones from distances.

and no mention of mind stab? They can't seriously think that little target circle is acceptable?
    I still think they believe it's not an issue because we now have Mirror Blades stacking several iterations of Vulnerability, with Mind Stab only being a pathetic radius AoE (yarite) debuff removal that does decent damage ontop of it. If we're not using it on cooldown as part of a rotation, it will be less of a problem. I'm not exactly happy with the design, but it is a buff over something we didn't have before (multi-target or stacking target vulnerability compared to single target, and a boon removal compared to not having one at all).

10+ Year Old Account
    a boon removal compared to not having one at all.
    On that weapon anyways.

On that weapon anyways.
    Well if you're running Greatsword (for whatever reason), chances are your counterweapon wouldn't have one. While Greatsword and Sword/offhand have an amazing theme together, there's a little too much overlap, I wouldn't really see this as feasible outside of hearts and event chasing.

But then there's a "Boon Removal on shatter", somewhere along the way, but I never really grabbed that one, instead enjoying that it's baked into my 1h sword's "1" chain by default.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if you're running Greatsword (for whatever reason), chances are your counterweapon wouldn't have one. While Greatsword and Sword/offhand have an amazing theme together, there's a little too much overlap, I wouldn't really see this as feasible outside of hearts and event chasing.

But then there's a "Boon Removal on shatter", somewhere along the way, but I never really grabbed that one, instead enjoying that it's baked into my 1h sword's "1" chain by default.
    I don't feel there's overlap at all, primarily because one requires you to be in melee, and the other requires you to maximize distance. Sometimes one is better than the other. And sometimes you don't have a choice.

Part of the problem, imo, is that Scepter and Staff both favor condition-damage builds, while Greatsword and Sword favor raw-damage builds. You could always go Sword/Pistol if you really want to differentiate it a bit. Greatsword has no control besides the knockback and the phantasm (which you don't have full control over).

When you look at it, Sword is better at vulnerability and boon removal for single-target than Greatsword, but Greatsword is better at it for groups. (even if they both suck at aoe damage)
    Sword is more survivable, and more mobile, but doesn't have a cripple or knockback.

There's differences, they just both focus on the same form of damage. Which, in my book, means they support each other well.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-21 at 04:06 PM.

I don't feel there's overlap at all, primarily because one requires you to be in melee, and the other requires you to maximize distance. Sometimes one is better than the other. And sometimes you don't have a choice.
    Scepter offers a burst of confusion, a bajllion clones for speed-shatters, and another block, mid-range. Staff offers a lot of debuffs, an actual AoE spell, and an armor defense (which given the right finisher on your AoE could also be applied to your allies as well).

Greatsword? Raw power (Sword offers that), Vulnerability (Sword offers that), Might (okay maybe the sword doesn't offer that), now Boon Removal (Sword offers that), and a knockback. Might and a knockback, compared to all the other utility you can offer by varying your weapon choices.

It's not that they don't play differently, because they do, but bringing both together is a lot of overlap that doesn't offer much to yourself or your team in either explorables or PvP.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-08-21 at 11:17 PM.

Mesmer:

Utility:
    • Decoy: Cost reduced to 1 skill point (down from 3), and shifted to first tier.
    • Mimic: Cooldown increased to 25 seconds (up from 15)
    • Mirror Images: Cost rediced to 3 skillpoints (down from 6) and shifted to second tier.
    • Phantasmal Disenchanter: Cost increased to 6 skillpoints (up from 1), and shifted to third tier.
    • Signet of Inspiration: The activation range of this spell has been halved, from 1200 to 600.
    -
    Traits:
    Domination:
    Duelling:
    Chaos:
    Inspiration:
    Illusions:

also, as a headsup, I'm not sure if anyone's actually seen this or not yet (or even if it's old and I just never noticed), but the offhand Focus ability, "Temporal Curtain" has a chain, "Into the Void": "Destroy your temporal(sic), pulling your target into it."

That's kinda trolly, and I love it. It also makes the kind of weird-to-use kite line have an even more awesome purpose.
    Last edited by Kelesti; 2012-08-21 at 11:24 PM.

Don't really get the mimic nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't really get the mimic nerf.
    lol i do, you absorbed an ability and then threw it back at them on a 15 second CD... a -little- OP (granted not much) and since it's a utility skill it essentially gave you a really good block + counter on a 15 second CD that didn't effect your weapon choice...

@Kel, where are you finding these changes btw? Because i'd like to see the ranger ones and the such....
    Last edited by Durzlla; 2012-08-22 at 12:34 AM.
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    lol i do, you absorbed an ability and then threw it back at them on a 15 second CD... a -little- OP (granted not much) and since it's a utility skill it essentially gave you a really good block + counter on a 15 second CD that didn't effect your weapon choice...

@Kel, where are you finding these changes btw? Because i'd like to see the ranger ones and the such....
    gw2 guru front page.

10+ Year Old Account
    gw2 guru front page.
    Oh really? Never really go there lol, thanks!