Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    women cause drama. even women admit women cause drama. this isnt rocket science nor a 45 page discussion. them not recruiting females is the same as a guys night out. you idiots gonna come write a novel on why i dont allow girls on my guys night out also? you know why no women are allowed on those days? cause we want no drama!
    Last edited by HisDudeness; 2012-08-21 at 01:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    I would question his maturity at the time he said that. No mature person causes drama. No mature person claims drama is caused by one gender in particular.
    As stated

No one's saying that every girl causes drama, or that only girls cause drama. The undisputed fact is that removing women from the situation prevents a high potential for drama
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadylol View Post
    I never said that men can't, or don't cause drama. I just said that removing women from the situation is one way to effectively prevent a high potential for drama
    So...
    When it's women causing drama let's remove the offending women. Sounds about right.
    When it's men causing drama, let's remove women because they were making it hard for the men to think straight, thus causing drama.

Hokay.

I'm in no way saying there is NEVER woman-related drama (I've been in a situation where someone brought their GF to the guild and it got rather ugly... and that would've been avoided if that said GF had not been a part of the guild) but most of the time it's HUMAN drama, where the human in question happens to be a woman. People are just more inclined to think that's woman drama because "girls always cause drama"
    In my current guild the people who bitch most about not getting the gear they want are men. I have passed on tier tokens for them because I'm friends with our RL and I know he's the one who has to hear bitching. If those people would be women there would be shouts of "ALL WOMEN WANT GEAR WITH NO EFFORT OMG LOOT HOES" but because they're men people are just "oh well those people must be pain in the ass to deal with" and not "ALL MEN ARE LOOTWHORES"

If you want dramafree guild, do your research. Contact their previous guild and ask them why they left if you think there might be drama involved. Check how many guilds they've been in for the past year or so. Think about how mature they are (generally people aged 22+ are a bit more mature, buuuut I wouldn't count on age only; you can have really fun and intelligent 16-year-old boys and utterly immature and petty 30+ men) and drop the YEAH HE'S MAN SO NO DRAMAZ and NOPES LADY PERSON DRAMA INCOMING thinking.

15+ Year Old Account
    As stated

No one's saying that every girl causes drama, or that only girls cause drama. The undisputed fact is that removing women from the situation prevents a high potential for drama
    It's not undisputed :P Unless you have a solid scientific proof you can't state that. Stereotypes are not facts.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    They raid without healers?
    LOL! I laughed hard at this hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Azshalorah View Post
    I have been browsing the WoW forums as of late, to try and find a guild for MoP. I have stumbled into a LOT of guilds flat out saying they won't recruit any females. Here is a quote from one guild in particular....

Now everything except for the 'no females' on that list I can understand. Can someone please enlighten me on this subject?

Thanks!
    ummmm #7 says implies they are obviously not that hard core....people think therefore they are?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kartikeya View Post
    So...
    When it's women causing drama let's remove the offending women. Sounds about right.
    When it's men causing drama, let's remove women because they were making it hard for the men to think straight, thus causing drama.

Hokay.

I'm in no way saying there is NEVER woman-related drama (I've been in a situation where someone brought their GF to the guild and it got rather ugly... and that would've been avoided if that said GF had not been a part of the guild) but most of the time it's HUMAN drama, where the human in question happens to be a woman. People are just more inclined to think that's woman drama because "girls always cause drama"
    In my current guild the people who bitch most about not getting the gear they want are men. I have passed on tier tokens for them because I'm friends with our RL and I know he's the one who has to hear bitching. If those people would be women there would be shouts of "ALL WOMEN WANT GEAR WITH NO EFFORT OMG LOOT HOES" but because they're men people are just "oh well those people must be pain in the ass to deal with" and not "ALL MEN ARE LOOTWHORES"

If you want dramafree guild, do your research. Contact their previous guild and ask them why they left if you think there might be drama involved. Check how many guilds they've been in for the past year or so. Think about how mature they are (generally people aged 22+ are a bit more mature, buuuut I wouldn't count on age only; you can have really fun and intelligent 16-year-old boys and utterly immature and petty 30+ men) and drop the YEAH HE'S MAN SO NO DRAMAZ and NOPES LADY PERSON DRAMA INCOMING thinking.
    Not much to add

However, your example of bringing GF reminded me of something. In Vanilla and TBC I've played with a great female player: first a mage, then a paladin healer/tank. There was never a single problem with her - great player and calm person. At some point her boyfriend joined us - god, he was a pain. He hardly showed up for raids but wanted all the loot. He left eventually yet she stayed.

There are people and there are people...
    Last edited by Lilija; 2012-08-21 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kartikeya View Post
    So...

Hokay.

That's more effort than the Guild in question said they're interested in. They don't want to spend lots of time on recruitment, so they have rules that prevent them from having issues with women

Simple, and effective
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

15+ Year Old Account
    That's more effort than the Guild in question said they're interested in. They don't want to spend lots of time on recruitment, so they have rules that prevent them from having issues with women

Simple, and effective
    "Issues with women" - it sounds like women are some kind of different breed of human being. I thought it was 2012 not 1012 :P

How would one get through their entire application, and trial without it being discovered that she is a woman? You would need a very manly voice, or a guy to actually sit there and do the talking for you, and add to that you'd be lying on your application. Assuming for the sake of argument, that you could fool them with a fake voice, lying on your application isn't a good start, and you'd likely eventually be kicked

I really don't understand...
    On many guilds vent usage is optional especially for dps'ers. Unless you go ahead and say you are female no one has to even know which isn't half bad really. Playing in peace and be treated equally is priceless.
    Last edited by MarizzaDraenor; 2012-08-21 at 01:12 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MarizzaDraenor View Post
    On many guilds vent usage is optional especially for dps'ers. Unless you go ahead and say you are female no one has to even know which isn't half bad really. Playing in peace and be treated equally is priceless.
    It might be easy with english speaking guilds, however, in my language it's hard to hide your gender unless you impersonate the opposite gender on purpose ^^

There is no HC guild that will make vent usage "optional". It IS mandatory. So sure you don't "have" to tell them you are female, but in the long run they will find out, so why lie on the app?
    Words are a wonderful form of communication, but they will never replace kisses and punches. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Azshalorah View Post
    There is no HC guild that will make vent usage "optional". It IS mandatory. So sure you don't "have" to tell them you are female, but in the long run they will find out, so why lie on the app?
    When i say optional i mean that if you dont play a crucial role you dont really have to talk during raids. Ofc guilds use voice chat.

You ll be surprised at how many guilds raid without having vent mandatory for anything but crucial roles like tanks etc. Hell Borked a world 50 guild when rankings actually mattered wasn't even using any kind of voice com for 2 expansions or so.

Anyway on topic silly rules are silly but their guilds their rules. I dont like recruiting certain nationalities for example cause they are mega slackers and quitters.

For the record on my realm which is the 2nd best PvE realm in Europe after Silvermoon not a single guild has that policy.
    Last edited by MarizzaDraenor; 2012-08-21 at 01:27 PM.

When i say optional i mean that if you dont play a crucial role you dont really have to talk during raids. Ofc guilds use voice chat.

You ll be surprised at how many guilds raid without having vent mandatory for anything but crucial roles like tanks etc. Hell Borked a world 50 guild when rankings actually mattered wasn't even using any kind of voice com for 2 expansions or so.

Anyway on topic silly rules are silly but their guilds their rules. I dont like recruiting certain nationalities for example cause they are mega slackers and quitters.

For the record on my realm which is the 2nd best PvE realm in Europe after Silvermoon not a single guild has that policy.
    Aha, I see what you are saying. Me for example, I play a healer. While I don't have to talk often, there have been times where I have had to talk. I agree with the whole "it's their guild, their rules." I don't blame anyone for having specific rules for their guilds, even if I don't understand why they have those silly rules in place.
    Words are a wonderful form of communication, but they will never replace kisses and punches. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anabolicz View Post
    This is what happens when "people with 0% social power think they have police powers on the internet" failing to realize theyve fucked up everything in life they continue like this until a blood vessel gets plugged after gaming 60hours and they die....
    Yeah that made zero sense.

Deleted
    I'm in a heroic raiding guild with four female raiders, myself included. I also raid lead and organise our strategy's with my boyfriend.

My very first hardcore raiding guild back in TBC was lead by two girls, hell the main tank was also female as well as a few other members. They're top 300 world rank now, though I don't know who from the old crew still raid with them.

I have never seen any guilds with gender restrictions. I'm from the EU though, maybe things are different on the US?
    Last edited by mmoc2f9a6ec115; 2012-08-21 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nym View Post
    I have never seen any guilds with gender restrictions. I'm from the EU though, maybe things are different on the US?
    As a general rule I'd say that EU guilds are more likely to have gender restrictions. By a significant amount, actually. I've had a fair bit of experience with both.

Deleted
    As most people have already stated everyone seems to think only females cause drama :s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiki View Post
    As a general rule I'd say that EU guilds are more likely to have gender restrictions. By a significant amount, actually. I've had a fair bit of experience with both.
    Posts like this is why EU vs US nonsense begins to generate

10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly because they are insecure about themselves either about their manhood or their ability to control themselves...about sums it up. That's the only real reason. They can SAY whatever they like but fact is fact. I've heard how 20 something guys get when a female voice resounds in vent...it's pathetic but funny as hell to listen to. I laughed my ass off. Also....female gamers raid and raid well if that is indeed their intent.
    Last edited by Katt; 2012-08-21 at 10:09 PM.