Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I made a video of me and some others doing the charr dance

<3 that video. Charr > All

Simple as that

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Only question I have about the sync thing: Is it possible to do a /dance * and sync up with people who are already dancing?

Because it should be.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so happy, got to do my very first jumping puzzle with my husband, was absolute blast!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    "You were saved by Dwayna!" "...but Dwayna's not even my pa--" "Shut up, go help people"

Well this was the first test, beta or stress test, that I've had lots of problems with. I had the leaping to death bug that a lot of folks had and then I kept on getting disconnected every 5 minutes. Other than that it was fun.

So, what was the female Norn dance suppose to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    the Carlton
    Oh yeah, just saw the video in the dance thread, I was way off.

=/ I saw something that was already disappointing on the pvp side.

Ok, so the sPvP is either Hot Join or tournament, the problem is, they're the same thing. The one difference is that tournaments are rated and Hot Joins aren't. IMO it would had made more sense if the Tournaments had been Arena matches, as opposed to simply Rated BGs.

Which leads me to the other problem I see in PVP: There's 3 battlegrounds, yet all 3 have the exact same objective. Its basically AB. That's kinda lame, Imagine if wow's next expansion added 3 BGs, but all 3 of them were just reskins of Warsong Gulch, hell, look at the shitstorm made over how boring it was that Cataclysm added 2 bgs, that had the same objectives as AB and WSG.

I know they said they'll add more different objectives at later points, but having the exact same objective at launch is still sorta lame.

So, as far as pvp goes, you either do AB, or Rated AB. over and over, enjoy. =/

There are no duels either, nor any sort of world pvp, you just NEVER will be able to attack other players outside of the designated PVP zones.

The only saving grace I see for the PVP on GW2 (and its so awesome it almost makes up for the lackluster....... everything else related to pvp) is the WvWvW (sheehs, I'm tempted to just call it SvS or "Server vs Server" as that's basically what this is, and its much easier to pronounce....... my english isn't that good)

I've read all the details about it and its AWESOME. Yep, its like a glorious mix of Alterac Valley with Lineage II's Castle sieges, multiplied by 11. Truly amazing. I'm sorta scared of the kind of lag one would get by pitting so many people together, but whatever, I still get the feeling its gonna be GLORIOUS! But seriously, I hope they improve the other aspects of pvp, because I'm not very keen on just doing AB over and over and over again.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

I occasionally dropped to ~30 fps, which was annoying (mostly in the center of LA), but otherwise it was a good test.

---------- Post added 2012-08-21 at 10:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    =/ I saw something that was already disappointing on the pvp side.

Ok, so the sPvP is either Hot Join or tournament, the problem is, they're the same thing. The one difference is that tournaments are rated and Hot Joins aren't. IMO it would had made more sense if the Tournaments had been Arena matches, as opposed to simply Rated BGs.

Which leads me to the other problem I see in PVP: There's 3 battlegrounds, yet all 3 have the exact same objective. Its basically AB. That's kinda lame, Imagine if wow's next expansion added 3 BGs, but all 3 of them were just reskins of Warsong Gulch, hell, look at the shitstorm made over how boring it was that Cataclysm added 2 bgs, that had the same objectives as AB and WSG.

I know they said they'll add more different objectives at later points, but having the exact same objective at launch is still sorta lame.

So, as far as pvp goes, you either do AB, or Rated AB. over and over, enjoy. =/

There are no duels either, nor any sort of world pvp, you just NEVER will be able to attack other players outside of the designated PVP zones.

The only saving grace I see for the PVP on GW2 (and its so awesome it almost makes up for the lackluster....... everything else related to pvp) is the WvWvW (sheehs, I'm tempted to just call it SvS or "Server vs Server" as that's basically what this is, and its much easier to pronounce....... my english isn't that good)

I've read all the details about it and its AWESOME. Yep, its like a glorious mix of Alterac Valley with Lineage II's Castle sieges, multiplied by 11. Truly amazing. I'm sorta scared of the kind of lag one would get by pitting so many people together, but whatever, I still get the feeling its gonna be GLORIOUS! But seriously, I hope they improve the other aspects of pvp, because I'm not very keen on just doing AB over and over and over again.
    They're focusing on Conquest (3 capture points, with secondary objectives), since in their internal testing it was the best and most balanced of the types they tried out. They might eventually add others, but as they've said before, they want the sPvP to be easily followed, akin to any sports game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

They picked a very charr dance for the charr, but man........ The human one is so good. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    For anyone that noticed that leap, jump shot, etc made you instantly dead this post from Reddit seems interesting:
    One of the devs told me that the game thought that because we were moving as fast that it thought we were "cheating", and they had to go change the limit in which the game thinks we are doing something we shouldn't be doing.
    Sucks to be speed hackers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    For anyone that noticed that leap, jump shot, etc made you instantly dead this post from Reddit seems interesting:

Interesting that it was because of anti hacking measures. Somewhat elegant solution (until hackers find the threshold for any advantage).

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh cool so there is 'hacking' ai in the game, well a program that determines if x moves this fast or whatever parameter = cheater.. wow nice
    Last edited by Cherrysoul; 2012-08-22 at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post

That seems untrue to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    Oh cool so there is 'hacking' ai in the game, well a program that determines if x moves this fast or whatever parameter = cheater.. wow nice
    This was applied to private WoW servers too... yeah i played on a private when i was out of money to pay the sub and it was a mess when you dismounted, still, quite a good job done there, getting the fix before the error comes up!

Norn dance is so bad. Fucking Arena.net!

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Norn dance is so bad. Fucking Arena.net!
    Meh, it's not unusual.
    ........ /dances
    Last edited by Delias; 2012-08-22 at 04:05 AM.

Only rolling Humans. Best clothes, best dance, best faces, best feet.

And best city.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-08-22 at 04:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Only rolling Humans. Best clothes, best dance, best faces, best feet.

And best city.
    I will agree with most of those points, however Charr have best cuddles, just mind the teeth, horns and claws.

Sooooooo
    I still don't know what profession Im going to play. D: