So I logged on and did testing on healing power.

MoR with 300 healing power from traits heals for 2740 per charge.

MoR with full max healing power available from traits/gear heals for 3175

Mirror with 300 healing power heals for 4095

Mirrior with max healing power heals for 4748

Ether feast with 300 healing power heals for 5860 and 670 per illusion.

Ether feast with max healing power heals for 6948 and 779 per illusion.

So Mirror gets a bonus of 653 healing from max healing power, MoR gets 435 per charge ( 870 for 2 charges, 1305 for 3 charges total meaning combined all charges), and ether feast gets 1088 bonus from max healing power combined with 3 clones is 1415 extra healing.

These numbers are from the max amount of healing power you can get meaning full 30 point trait line, cleric gem/trinket and 6pc PvP set that offers healing.

IMO since every slot is wasted for the max amount of healing power, not impressive numbers overall. At best it offsets the increase in your hp via vitality. MoR wins with the 3 charge talent in pure healing numbers.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-08-22 at 01:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    So I logged on and did testing on healing power.

MoR with 300 healing power from traits heals for 2740 per charge.

MoR with full max healing power available from traits/gear heals for 3175

Mirror with 300 healing power heals for 4095

Mirrior with max healing power heals for 4748

Ether feast with 300 healing power heals for 5860 and 670 per illusion.

Ether feast with max healing power heals for 6948 and 779 per illusion.

So Mirror gets a bonus of 653 healing from max healing power, MoR gets 435 per charge ( 870 for 2 charges, 1305 for 3 charges total meaning combined all charges), and ether feast gets 1088 bonus from max healing power combined with 3 clones is 1415 extra healing.

These numbers are from the max amount of healing power you can get meaning full 30 point trait line, cleric gem/trinket and 6pc PvP set that offers healing.

IMO since every slot is wasted for the max amount of healing power, not impressive numbers overall. At best it offsets the increase in your hp via vitality.
    Yeah, healing power got smashed in the face with the nerf hammer, i myself dropped a bit of my + healing power for toughness and vitality... even on my ranger it was nerfed so i'm assuming it was just accross the board, you know that 13k healing spring? yeah now it's a measly 5.8k with max healing power...

btw for mirror do you get the reflecting buff through the whole heal (like the guardian block) or is it only for X amount of time afterwards?
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Yeah, healing power got smashed in the face with the nerf hammer, i myself dropped a bit of my + healing power for toughness and vitality... even on my ranger it was nerfed so i'm assuming it was just accross the board, you know that 13k healing spring? yeah now it's a measly 5.8k with max healing power...

btw for mirror do you get the reflecting buff through the whole heal (like the guardian block) or is it only for X amount of time afterwards?
    It's while you're casting the heal. But it's healing is so god damn low compared to waiting 5 more seconds for ether feast which almost has 3k in extra healing for 5 more seconds.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-08-22 at 01:06 AM.

Main thing I noticed this test is that the minor trait that generates a clone on dodge roll is now a major trait. So no more unwanted clones just from picking a line. It swapped with the trait that made clone crits cause bleeding.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    Main thing I noticed this test is that the minor trait that generates a clone on dodge roll is now a major trait. So no more unwanted clones just from picking a line. It swapped with the trait that made clone crits cause bleeding.
    Good switch, imo.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Perfect! change is awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    It sounds almost like they don't want burst damage in between the self-heal cooldowns to be the only way to kill people. O_o
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    It sounds almost like they don't want burst damage in between the self-heal cooldowns to be the only way to kill people. O_o
    At this point toughness > healing power. Both are probably equal if stacked to the max. I didn't do the math on toughness but toughness is what you will survive a burst from. Healing power is not that great and can't compete with damage reduction.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point toughness > healing power. Both are probably equal if stacked to the max. I didn't do the math on toughness but toughness is what you will survive a burst from. Healing power is not that great and can't compete with damage reduction.
    Well, I'm just trying to figure out what they're doing. As far as I'm concerned, there was no need to nerf it, because self-healing is often so very small without healing power, that it doesn't really do anything to save you. It typically feels like it's better to just go all out on offense to kill them before they kill you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Well, I'm just trying to figure out what they're doing. As far as I'm concerned, there was no need to nerf it, because self-healing is often so very small without healing power, that it doesn't really do anything to save you. It typically feels like it's better to just go all out on offense to kill them before they kill you.
    well i gotta say that healing power -is- very useful at a few things... 1) picking people up, there is a SIGNIFICANT difference in rez speads with that alone. 2) healing others, those skills (granted aren't common at all) do get very nice scaling off of healing power.

The reason i think they nerfed it was because there were a lot of builds that just flat out wouldn't die due to stacking healing power, vitality, and toughness and just being unkillable because the toughness makes burst and all non burst negligible, vitality to make condition damage, and again, burst and non burst negligible, and then healing power to fix what little damage you possibly -could- do...

To be honest, it makes sense that they nerfed them, but i don't think they should've destroyed the healing stats usefulness...
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Think you missed the change that made cloned no longer overwrite Phantasms. They aren't "unwanted" anymore.

Also, great job on the numbers, guys. Glad to see your work
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else encounter this issue with MH Sword move number 3

I believe when I was at a greater distance than its range of 600 units of distance the spell would cast, go on cooldown, but I'd get no clone (and thus be unable to complete the chain. Is this supposed to be intentional (punishment for not knowing how far 600 units of distance is?

I would assume that we should be getting a "you're outta range dude, you cant use that" message.

----------

Another question. Say I was dual wielding swords

Would putting two Signets of Earth in them:
    ---- A: Give me Two 60% chances to apply a bleed upon critical hit?
    Or
    ---- B: Simply be the one 60% chance (in which case I suppose I'd use Signet of Agony (longer bleeds - Question B, this would apply to the Signet of Earth Bleed correct?)

---------

Another question, have to ask here cause I've gotta run out to work in about 2mins...

1: The Mantra of Daze (not actual name).... does Daze always trigger the "skills on cooldown" deal? or only if you interrupt a special move?
    2: If it always applys the cooldown condition, does this trigger the interrupt/daze traits in the Power line?

I'm 100% planning to go Sword Sword, but I'm a little disappointed with the Greatsword at the moment (and I thought that would be my weapon of choice). *Thinking* of using a staff as my Alternative weapon for a little more AoE power and I believe being a bit tougher to kill.

So I tried this profession during last nights play time and I have read most of the OP links, but are there good long videos detailing the play of this class. Granted I only played for a few hours but I guess I am not doing something right or maybe I am and not knowing it. I only died because of a fall; some of those scenic views are deadly.

Does it take a certain level before it feels special?
    iMac
    2012-03-05 : The day SWTOR jumped the shark
    Mages are basically "warlocks for girls" - Kerrath

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    So I tried this profession during last nights play time and I have read most of the OP links, but are there good long videos detailing the play of this class. Granted I only played for a few hours but I guess I am not doing something right or maybe I am and not knowing it. I only died because of a fall; some of those scenic views are deadly.

Does it take a certain level before it feels special?
    Well, all professions need some time tbh. If you are having difficulty with picking a profession, pick what you thematically like the most. (BIG AXE, FAIAR, PEW PEW ILLUSIONS, DEAAAAAAAATH etc).

As for me, I really find it hard to pick a race for my mesmer. I originally planned to roll human, but then asura became available and I said "asura it is", but then I rolled a sylvari and got struck by their amazing character creation. Any ideas people?

I believe when I was at a greater distance than its range of 600 units of distance the spell would cast, go on cooldown, but I'd get no clone (and thus be unable to complete the chain. Is this supposed to be intentional (punishment for not knowing how far 600 units of distance is?
    This is exactly what I was afraid of, so much for pre cloning and it really hurts for skills like leap. It really contradicts the whole mind fucking thing.

On a side note I have an idea for a boon mesmer however I am to lazy to make it :3

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Well, all professions need some time tbh. If you are having difficulty with picking a profession, pick what you thematically like the most. (BIG AXE, FAIAR, PEW PEW ILLUSIONS, DEAAAAAAAATH etc).

As for me, I really find it hard to pick a race for my mesmer. I originally planned to roll human, but then asura became available and I said "asura it is", but then I rolled a sylvari and got struck by their amazing character creation. Any ideas people?
    For me, I am going with what feels right to me. While this is different for every person, a Human Mesmer feels better to me than the rest. I tried a few races for Mesmer, and the human is the one that stuck for me. The animations felt better, and moving around felt more natural. Then again, Asura warrior worked better for me than a Human warrior, so I don't know what is up with that.

I'd say pick the race that makes the most sense to you/looks the best to you. If you don't like it, then if anything delete and try something else. This is especially not hard if after the first few levels you find you did not like a race as much as another for the profession.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Aliyra/simple
    PM me if you ever want to add me for Hearthstone!

15+ Year Old Account
    Played it during the 6 hour stress test, from the 10 levels I got to play, seems like I'll be rocking greatsword as 1 setup and scepter with torch as my other setup for a mainly high-damage "spec". I wanted to go sword/gun but it just wasn't giving me the damage I wanted, it looks good in action, love Phantasmal Duelist. But scepter/torch just gives me the ranged damage I want and need. The confusion debuff is pretty sweet and does a crapton of damage I noticed.
    Last edited by Clockwork Pinkie; 2012-08-23 at 07:23 AM.

Call target still remains on the mesmer.

/sigh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totemanic View Post
    After an entire weekend of WvWvW there wasn't a single time where the shatter effect on an enemy would have been more useful than having that illusion still alive, so it's not about lack of creativity at all. Sure, when 1 on 1 against a good enemy who keeps track of and doesn't attack your illusions it is useful to shatter them, but that's really not that often.
    I think it adds a lot of flexibility to the playstyle. I recall many times in WvWvW where I'd be just about to go down, but the person I was fighting would also be low on health, so i'd quickly shatter my illusions, bringing them down to minimal health, then I'd be able to finish them off while I was downed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Call target still remains on the mesmer.

/sigh
    Gonna still hold out hope it's unintended.

I'm tempted to have my Asura, my 5th character slot and currently Mesmer, be an Engineer and save Mesmer for one of my 6th+ character slots, for after various obvious kinks are polished up better.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-23 at 08:48 PM.