Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Does anyone know how to fix "The credit card information you entered was invalid"

Hello, everytime I try to pre-purchase Guild Wars 2 Deluxe Edition I get this error. I'm sure it's not my credit card cuz I tried buying Guild Wars 2 and it didn't work. Then I used the SAME credit card to buy MoP and it did work.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Deleted
    are you certain it's a creditcard, because Blizzard accepts debit cards ( EU atleast )

Deleted
    There are some problems with the shop, I had to try a couple times before it worked for me. This was around bwe1 though.
    Last edited by mmocfaba3fe16a; 2012-08-22 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gronch View Post
    are you certain it's a creditcard, because Blizzard accepts debit cards ( EU atleast )
    Hmmm I really don't know the difference (probably because the name is different in my language). My credit card only works if I have money in my bank account.

There are some problems with the shop, I had to try a couple times before it worked for me.
    I tried for like 25 mins 'til I gave up.
    Last edited by bloody251; 2012-08-22 at 01:57 PM.

According to a recent thread, this may be caused by your IP being flagged as having been used for fraudulent purchases in the past (which, alas, can happen to anyone using dynamic IPs).

That's assuming that there isn't an actual problem in the verification process.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvanie View Post
    According to a recent thread, this may be caused by your IP being flagged as having been used for fraudulent purchases in the past (which, alas, can happen to anyone using dynamic IPs).

That's assuming that there isn't an actual problem in the verification process.
    Hmmm I see. I'll reset my modem when I get to home. Thank you.

Why not post your credit card number up and we'll take a look at it...

I've used a debit card to buy both games, could be what above said with your isp

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Why not post your credit card number up and we'll take a look at it...
    Well played.

Try changing the payment type to paypal then back to credit card and also try inserting your name as all captial letters, I had problems with mine at first where I clicked submit and nothing happened, this fixed it for me. Goodluck!

Quote Originally Posted by Oncereborn View Post
    Try changing the payment type to paypal then back to credit card and also try inserting your name as all captial letters, I had problems with mine at first where I clicked submit and nothing happened, this fixed it for me. Goodluck!
    I already type the name in captal letters. I also changed the payment to paypal and back to credit card. No luck

Try a different browser, people have previously mentioned that that sometimes works. Or, another computer/phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Does it come back instantly with the error and an arrow pointing to the CC box, or does it take a while and just show the error at the bottom?

Does it come back instantly with the error and an arrow pointing to the CC box, or does it take a while and just show the error at the bottom?
    At the bottom.

Here is the answer to your question, I know this because this same thing happened to me last month and after spending several hours on the phone with my credit card company (by the way they cancelled my card because of this) I found out why the error message popped up and why it never went through,

Its because for whatever reason the guild wars 2 site has been flagged by some major credit and debt card companies as a untrusted site,

What thieves do when they steal your credit card is that they go online to these 3rd party untrusted sites (eg. "tony's electronics online warehouse") that are usually run overseas and have very low (if non-existent) security and they put in the stolen credit card numbers and buy whatever they want. Since the credit card company usuaully has to pay these charges, they flag the websites and refuse to accept payment for them. For whatever reason, the guild wars website has been flagged to,

I know because when I called my credit card company and checked my on-line statement it said that numerous charges from the guild wars site attempted to be processed and were cancelled (yep! every time you put in your info and hit accept the info goes to your credit card and is declined by them! - I had about 12 attempts and 12 declines which caused B of A to cancel my card and issue me a new one)

Ok, so that the story... its not you, its GW2... it doesnt matter what info you put in (eg. use capital letters or different numbers) if your credit or debt card wont accept from that site it wont go through,

If you really want the game go to the best buy online store and buy the game, you can still download it right away and be ready for day 1,

Then it's the validation failing. Could be the number on the back of the card, your name, your billing address... Hard to say. The address box is certainly not how most are laid out, as the validation in the UK at least checks your house number and postcode.

I can't be much more helpful than that really. You can call them and try and find out why it's failing (and you'll find people will bend over backwards to help when you want to give them money), but apart from trying it forever (and getting a call from your CC company about potential fraud) not a lot else you can do.

Then it's the validation failing. Could be the number on the back of the card, your name, your billing address... Hard to say. The address box is certainly not how most are laid out, as the validation in the UK at least checks your house number and postcode.

I can't be much more helpful than that really. You can call them and try and find out why it's failing (and you'll find people will bend over backwards to help when you want to give them money), but apart from trying it forever (and getting a call from your CC company about potential fraud) not a lot else you can do.
    When I bought MoP I ctrl + c then ctrl + v the credit card information that was at GW2 site just to be sure that I didn't mistype them.

If you really want the game go to the best buy online store and buy the game, you can still download it right away and be ready for day 1,
    It won't really work cuz they won't sell it in this **** city (sigh).

Quote Originally Posted by aaronk333 View Post
    Here is the answer to your question, I know this because this same thing happened to me last month and after spending several hours on the phone with my credit card company (by the way they cancelled my card because of this) I found out why the error message popped up and why it never went through,

Its because for whatever reason the guild wars 2 site has been flagged by some major credit and debt card companies as a untrusted site,

What thieves do when they steal your credit card is that they go online to these 3rd party untrusted sites (eg. "tony's electronics online warehouse") that are usually run overseas and have very low (if non-existent) security and they put in the stolen credit card numbers and buy whatever they want. Since the credit card company usuaully has to pay these charges, they flag the websites and refuse to accept payment for them. For whatever reason, the guild wars website has been flagged to,

I know because when I called my credit card company and checked my on-line statement it said that numerous charges from the guild wars site attempted to be processed and were cancelled (yep! every time you put in your info and hit accept the info goes to your credit card and is declined by them! - I had about 12 attempts and 12 declines which caused B of A to cancel my card and issue me a new one)

Ok, so that the story... its not you, its GW2... it doesnt matter what info you put in (eg. use capital letters or different numbers) if your credit or debt card wont accept from that site it wont go through,

Sounds like a problem with the credit card companies tbh. Of course, they'll deny it, but since it's up to them to flag...Saying it's GW2 obfuscates the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    thx this help, its not working in Opera

Quote Originally Posted by bloody251 View Post
    Hmmm I really don't know the difference (probably because the name is different in my language). My credit card only works if I have money in my bank account.
    I think that would be a debit card.

Credit cards go like this: I have a max of 2000$, I spend any amount up to that max, and get charged interest if I can't pay it off.

Typically, Visa, MasterCard, etc would be a good international example of a credit card.