Page 53 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Ok so I was playing around with a bleed / condition damage heavy PvE focused build just now, focus on DW swords, stacking bleeds and critting alot to stack even more bleeds, and a decent amount of condition damage. Utility skills are picked to keep as many stacks of might going as possible. I'm kinda new to this so bear with me, anyone got any thoughts / critique? Probable weaknesses I can see are a lack of condition removal, but as I said this is mainly a PvE build so not sure how much that would impact.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIEQ...CrsW5sSa1oipGA

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Cartho View Post
    Ok so I was playing around with a bleed / condition damage heavy PvE focused build just now, focus on DW swords, stacking bleeds and critting alot to stack even more bleeds, and a decent amount of condition damage. Utility skills are picked to keep as many stacks of might going as possible. I'm kinda new to this so bear with me, anyone got any thoughts / critique? Probable weaknesses I can see are a lack of condition removal, but as I said this is mainly a PvE build so not sure how much that would impact.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIEQ...CrsW5sSa1oipGA
    Thoughts?
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIEQ...Igx6jzHpPjKmaA
    Is what I'd use and mainly the sword/axe part. I don't know how beefy foes are atm though.
    you can change the runes a bit (I'd stick with 'malice' types though) but if you think foes will live long I'd go with the longer bleed duration*2 bonus (stolen mischivously from (I think) larynx)

Your build was pretty good though (although you forget a jewel) just a tad too high on crit (Filling in the blancks I got up to 112%crit) if you feel like the on crit bleeds aren't going out enough I'd start tweaking the build again but so far it seems that 50% crit is ok and the dr starts at like 80%
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2012-08-20 at 05:54 PM.

Deleted
    Cheers for the feedback!

When you say "filling in the blanks" what do you mean? Is that as in crit chance with extra buffs like fury etc?

I mean all the talents that up crit (you took +10%crit on one handed sword for instance) but don't show directly in the 'crit tab' on the right + adding the missing jewel. I made an error in my previous post, it was 113%crit not 112%crit, my sincerest of apologies.
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2012-08-20 at 08:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am now thinking that Greatsword #3 needs to be replaced, since #5 is a much better mobility move. I haven't really found a use for #3.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I am now thinking that Greatsword #3 needs to be replaced, since #5 is a much better mobility move. I haven't really found a use for #3.
    This opinion is probably due to a difference in playstyles, as I've found plenty of ways to use Whirlwind Attack. While Rush is indeed useful for mobility, I've found the immediacy of Whirlwind Attack's direction change to be useful for weaving in and out of battles. Plus, Whirlwind Attack is a 360 degree AoE skill, while Rush is single-target.
    Last edited by Arajal; 2012-08-22 at 01:41 AM.

Deleted
    Didn't have any problems at all with greatsword warriors in sPvP. Wasn't everyone complaining Bull's Charge, Frenzy & Hundred Blades was too powerful or something? Most greatsword warriors I saw just fell over dead.

I spam that #3, it's dope! Pretty good damage to spread out mobs and gives you some space breathing space if you need it. Such a flexible move you can use it for heaps of different situations

Quote Originally Posted by Jerom View Post
    If I am no mistaken (according to gw2 wiki) Banners last 45 seconds with the exception of the elite Battle Standard that only lasts 20.
    Well wiki is wrong for the normal standards, didnt get around to testing the elite. Normal banners were expireing with 25s left on the CD so their duration is closer to 95 seconds or so with a 120cd. Incidentaly this was really really handy in WvW if you trait banners the duration and CD are roughly the same (96 cd) if you can take 2 on your bar and someone else carries it you can give a whole group perma swiftness. Its amazing how much ground a small strikeforce can cover with 2 banners spamming 3 on CD. Come up on a fight and either smack someone with the 2 ability if its useful or just weaponswap to drop it and lay into your target. Couldnt quite figure out why they had the 5 skill to plant the banner as just weaponswaping had the same effect without the animation delay.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    Couldnt quite figure out why they had the 5 skill to plant the banner as just weaponswaping had the same effect without the animation delay.
    Probably for aesthetic appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    Didn't have any problems at all with greatsword warriors in sPvP. Wasn't everyone complaining Bull's Charge, Frenzy & Hundred Blades was too powerful or something? Most greatsword warriors I saw just fell over dead.
    I did quite a few sPvP this stress test as dual axes.I've had quite the similar experience as you describe. I simply charge in with bull's charge to knock them over which give me enough time to pop signet of rage and signet of might while keeping up the passive regen from healing signet and twirl around with the mighty AoE of Whirling Axe and Cyclone Axe the best part is that they are low now and foolishly try to run away, Throw Axe and leap for the kill with burst of Eviscerate. So Either they were nerfed, greatly overestimated,I was just lucky to get in the bull's charge in first or I just played against bad warriors.

This stress test I only had problems with facing engineers and their bucket loads of utility, thieves were slightly irritating but only due to stealthing and running away.

Played for the first time with Warrior today, loved it, my main from now
    Got owned sometimes, was thinking "BLADESTORM I'M UNSTOPPABLE"(off-hand axe), and then i got interrupted/stunned or something like that ~.~

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdecker View Post
    Played for the first time with Warrior today, loved it, my main from now
    Got owned sometimes, was thinking "BLADESTORM I'M UNSTOPPABLE"(off-hand axe), and then i got interrupted/stunned or something like that ~.~
    Oh, I know the feeling, divine. Try Dolyak Signet and/or Balanced Stance utility skills they give yam yammy Stability boon which makes you immune to CC (stun, knockback, launch, knockdown, sink, float, fear and daze) and Balanced Stance even breaks stun when used.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    Thing is GS wars need to have that combo up and be able to use it efficiently.

Also it's effectiveness depends greatly on the class it's facing. Engineers for instance have a really easy out vs most war classes whilst a mesmer doesn't. You shouldn't forget that you knew what you were looking for to begin with, a couple of playtimes ago people didn't so that one skill was capable of wrecking havoc on almost everyone.

Last thing more and more people are learning where to get builds from etc. This means that the chance someone is testing something out without having experimented with it and thus learning how it works before getting it to work, is very big. Those same people don't know what to do or when to time the 'shitstorm' like the others.

Deleted
    So, I made an armor I like on my warrior in preview, but I cannot decide the "size" of the body.
    I want your opinions on which looks better.

I am still confused so far. Why is Sword/Sword dual not viable. Ok it misses on eviscerate but the bleed effect I have been reading so far seems pretty interesting. I truly like swords a lot but was wondering if double sword isn't as viable as mainhand axe, would it be possible to put in a sword with offhand and still be aggressive.
    \

10+ Year Old Account
    Sword/Axe is actually extremely popular because Axe #5 is so good at adrenaline building.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Sword/Axe is actually extremely popular because Axe #5 is so good at adrenaline building.
    But wouldn't you miss out on eviscerate, I read somewhere that it is a must have in dual-wield.
    \

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    So, I made an armor I like on my warrior in preview, but I cannot decide the "size" of the body.
    I want your opinions on which looks better.

Second one definitly.

The proportions look much better.

Badass looking warr you got there!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wollveren View Post
    But wouldn't you miss out on eviscerate, I read somewhere that it is a must have in dual-wield.
    Not really that big of a deal, especially considering you could easily go Axe/X in the other weapon set if you really feel it's necessary.