Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizmoe View Post
    Sorry Charlie (heh), but you should know better than to share your excitement on the intrawebz. It's everyone's favorite spot to shit in your cereal. So I hope you don't get too much of that here.

I share your enthusiasm though.
    Quote Originally Posted by charlieprince
    yeah, you do realize that WoW is dying to the point that its players are miserable paying for a subscription to a game they do not even enjoy right?

that misery translates into extreme anger and that's why you get so many WoW vs GW2 fights erupting
    Talk about shitting in other peoples cereal, thats charlieprince for you :P

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Didn't read the OP, too busy staring at the Apple thing, but I'd say that GW2 is an evolution.
    How is it evolving the genre for me as a raider? Innovation and evolution are very different things, people are clouding it with words like evolution.
    Last edited by draykorinee; 2012-08-23 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Pretty sure World of Warcraft became the top MMO because it was approachable and accessible to vastly wider and broader audience than like any MMO previous.

Also who is to say I [& others by extension] are not having fun in other MMOs with a different gameplay style?

A dubious opening post.
    That too, but few MMOs these days are so terribly unapproachable as the ones before WoW. I think. Well, at least no the ones I know. The ones I don't know probably have a good reason for not being known.

But I think that WoW was the first game to use quests in such a way, like GW2 is the first game to use events in such a way?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    How is it evolving the genre for me as a raider? Innovation and evolution are very different things, people are clouding it with words like evolution.
    Maybe the evolution here is to get you out of your instanced bubble and to face big bads out in the world without having to be in a clearly defined group? I've seen more than my share of comics based on the idea of a big bad boss just waiting in his throne room for you to bash down his door, from as far back as raiding Rag.

Whether or not you disagree, evolutions in any industry typically require the shaking off of old paradigms.

It may work for some raiders, and it likely won't for most, but you see my point. I think, personally, most raiders will just stubbornly refuse to leave raiding behind.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-23 at 04:40 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    I get where you are coming from but sometimes....Less is more.

I just hope the game will work well..

Deleted
    No it's not, it's an MMO like another other. I hope I will enjoy the game long enough to last 2-3 months.

Why are people so desperate in finding a game just to overthrough others...get over yourselfs.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Maybe the evolution here is to get you out of your instanced bubble and to face big bads out in the world without having to be in a clearly defined group? I've seen more than my share of comics based on the idea of a big bad boss just waiting in his throne room for you to bash down his door, from as far back as raiding Rag.

Whether or not you disagree, evolutions in any industry typically require the shaking off of old paradigms.

It may work for some raiders, and it likely won't for most, but you see my point. I think, personally, most raiders will just stubbornly refuse to leave raiding behind.
    If I enjoy raiding, than why should I leave it behind? Just so I can join you groupies in overhyping a game?

I will play GW2, I preordered...just like many others out there who don't follow your opinions. Stop assuming your playstyle is better, because it's not.
    Last edited by mmoc6f961e454e; 2012-08-23 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    That's basically a creature in the water saying how walking on the ground is evolving for them as sea-animals.

Revolution is completely new stuff, evolution is taking something and making it better. That's what GW2 did, they sit down and ask how they can make this thing better. Some can argue if it's better, but I guess that's how they explain the panda.

Maybe the evolution here is to get you out of your instanced bubble and to face big bads out in the world without having to be in a clearly defined group?

Whether or not you disagree, evolution in any industry typically require the shaking off of old paradigms.
    Also, dubious. Since like instanced encounters were the evolutionary design step from open world encounters.

Pandemonium and Binpikes say, what up.

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Charlie, you are way to excited. No offence, been waiting 5 years myself, bought the CE and i am going to wake up 3 hours earlier (5 am) on Saturday, hoping the servers are live early, but i think what you wrote makes you overexcited.
    This

+

Pretty sure World of Warcraft became the top MMO because it was approachable and accessible to vastly wider and broader audience than like any MMO previous.

Also who is to say I [& others by extension] are not having fun in other MMOs with a different gameplay style?

A dubious opening post.
    I don't mean to sound offensive, but some people are starting to sound like cultists when it comes to this game. Thank the heavens its only a small few.

(IMO) I think the tag line "if you like MMOs you should check out GW2, and if you don't like MMOs you should REALLY check out GW2" is very inaccurate. As fun as the game looks, this is still an MMO, and if you don't like MMOs, or hate MMOs, then this game isn't gonna make you change your mind. Its an MMO, just like all the other thousands out there. Indeed its cut above most of the riff-raft out there, and if you love MMOs in any way, you REALLY have to check this game out, but mmo-haters won't find any shiny new thing here.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, dubious. Since like instanced encounters were the evolutionary design step from open world encounters.
    Depends on how the old world encounters worked. It may also be that some people have decided they don't like how it works after all. I've never seen it in nature, per se, but evolution is a process of trial and error.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Yeah, WoW is the Internet Explorer of MMOs. The default. Stagnating, but unchallenged.

Hopefully GW2 will be the Firefox of MMOs. Something to kickstart the race again. It's not perfect, but it's a reasonable alternative with some new ideas for WoW and any future MMOs to steal.

Later on, we'll get the Chrome of MMOs, and I might be able to give up WoW for good. For now, I'll use a mixture of WoW and GW2 for my MMO needs.
    OMG; I agree with this post so much I don't even know where to begin O_O Specially for the last part.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Deleted

Thats nice but I have yet to see any challenging PvE content "out in the world" of GW2.

Pandemonium and Binpikes say, what up.
    The cat loses it's saber-tooth to regain a better one?

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Which you can't afford early game...

Sorry but if you make level 1's able to pvp, you need to give them access to siege weapons. Especially since that's all im interested in for GW2
    Hell why not just make them free

Deleted
    Sooo excited for this game wooohooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Playd wow 4 3 years, an swtor for i think 3 minutes (ok, a bit longer but it sucked soo bad). this game is gonna be awesum!

Sorry for my excitment, just had to make a post to share it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarko View Post
    Thats nice but I have yet to see any challenging PvE content "out in the world" of GW2.
    Have you seen Orr? I take it no. O_o

Surely you saw a challenging dungeon back in Thousand Needles.
    Maraudon was over in Desolace, but the only challenging part of that dungeon has always been whether or not your party had Atlas - i.e. whether or not they got lost.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-23 at 04:47 PM.

And what level did you perchance get to? 10? 15? Maybe 20?

Depends on how the old world encounters worked.
    Like the boss encounters in other MMOs.

You have yet to see the whole game as well.

Orr seems like a rework of The Deep. Which was not trivial content.

Wow what a hype machine.
    BTW - unless they changed a hell of a lot since beta, this game is horrible.
    This is definitly not an evolution.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Wow what a hype machine.
    BTW - unless they changed a hell of a lot since beta, this game is horrible.
    This is definitly not an evolution.
    And so we come full circle to the exact opposite of the OP. The person who posts just to try to spread more hatred of the game?